• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY: 8-A and MHS Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
why didn't he kamehameha do that? As I stated above. If I make a series, I'm not gunna have my chars do nothing but feats on their tier. Like if I make a 7-A, everything she does will be 7-A. No. I'll prob have one feat to prove she is 7-A, and the rest will be her compressing her attacks. To say my char is 7-C cause of consistency would be comical.

False equivalence. If a character is consistently 7-B and actually struggleS with 7-B feats, it is an outlier for him to suddenly be a casual 6-C.

The only reason why the Samurai Jack downgrade didn't go through, for example, was because Jack didn't have to exhert any effort into any of his feats, and we later found 3 Relativistic feats to support his rating. Otherwise, it'd have gone through.

People on this thread = \ = me.

Seeing as you're accusing me of being condescending just because I'm being blunt, you're the one with the accusations. Can you please just stop and get back to an actual argument? Thank you.

Blunt and condescending are no different to me. But i agree, you need to stop dragging this out and get back to the argument. Thank you.

If you notice it is never without someone else doing it first and funnily enough it is only you I have ever being condescending to. But not point in pointlessly derailing.

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/1583394#350 https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/1583394#351

Here. Pyrrha isn't 8-B, Velvet isn't either, and Adam's feat is probably only 8-C.

You're basically saying that a character can be an extremely casual 8-A, become several times stronger and struggle with 8-C+ feats, and get casually thrown aside by a guy who is on a higher level of 8-C+ or low High 8-C. No, they can't, it is an outlier. WH40K isn't 4-A because of one or two 4-B feats and a 4-A one that is obviously not acceptable.

I am back from sleeping and chores, so I have to ask:

@Weekly

Why do you keep repeating yourself with the entire "Lower feats don't invalidate higher feats!" as if that's a freaking Mathematical Axiom? It's not entirely true.

Yes, you are correct that we won't use the most ludicrous, low-end nonsense to downplay every character in the wiki, but when the consistent level of a character is demonstrably and objectively below what we rank them as, it is time we re-evaluate what is going on.

Twisted Little Raven said:
No, you whine like a cry baby whenever nardo uzahmaki don't get an upgrade and accuse others of downplay and throw out temper tantrums
shrug* If you say so man. I am done with you. Just know that your attitude means that no one takes you seriously.

@Matt Then there needs to be a thread and guidelines set up to define exactly how to deal with situations like this because i can think of a shit ton of verses that dont follow what you just described yet are rated the way they are

@Weekly

No, the problem lies with you. You are the one who is ridiculously loose with your standards of evidence and what constitutes an outlier, and it is you who is almost always going 100% against any matter of downgrade against your verses.

I don't think there is anyone on this wiki, specially amongst the staff, who is so willing to let blatant and objective outliers slide when it comes to the verses they like.

We don't need to change our standards because they are already good, it is you who needs to change your interpretation of them.

Twisted Little Raven said:
No, you whine like a cry baby whenever nardo uzahmaki don't get an upgrade and accuse others of downplay and throw out temper tantrums
This is pointless and out of line. I said stop it already with the attacking others. At least Weekly and Kep has an argument in their comment, even if it's just a repeat of what they've been arguing before.

I'm not that familiar with the RWBY verse, so I can't really voice an opinion on the feats. However the fact that lower feats contradict the higher feats is stupid. If that was the case, more than half of the verses in the wiki would get downgraded.

An outlier isn't simply a feat "that isn't as high as other feats". An outlier is a high level feat that doesn't make sense inverse as well. If the verse has mostly 8-B feats, and one character who isn't anything special does a casual 8-A feat then it can be considered an outlier. However if there are characters who are considerably above 8-A, then the 8-A feat can apply since there are other higher feats in the verse already.

If lower end feats contradicted the higher feats, then all the famous verses like Naruto, OP and Bleach would all get downgraded.

For example Ichigo's getsuga tenshous are shown to be able to be 8-C max, but they scale, so he is far higher.

OP's scaling is mostly based on a few feats, despite there being a ton of smaller feats from the same character.

Hell, if this was true, then what would the FT scaling be?

PostSkip Natsu went from city level showings to mountain level showings, but EOS his strongest attacks were like wall level. Also if we calced all of Natsu's feats then they would range between 9-B and 7-B? Does this mean that EOS Natsu is wall level? I doubt it.

TLDR:

I agree that some feats can be outliers if they are far higher than all the other feats inverse, and if there aren't characters who are above them already(So if a top tier is 7-B, and all the mid tiers scale to 8-C, then a 8-A feat for mid tiers should be plausible).

However I completely disagree with the whole "lower feats contradict the higher feats" point. If that were true a ton of verses wouldn't be anywhere near where they are atm.

@Matt No, the problem lies with the fact that the wiki has no set guideline for how to deal with this sort of thing. If the downgrade is legitimate then i will supoort it 100% but if its not and i know its not then of course im not going to agree with it.

How can we change standards we dont even have?

@Weekly

No, the downgrade is legitimate and we have standards, it is just you that stand in the minority with standards that come from your head.

You have literally never supported a downgrade for a verse you liked. Think about what that makes you seem like for a moment.

Then i have some major downgrade threads to make by these same standards because most verses on the wiki fall under the same category

Weiss's feat:

• Was extremely casual
  • Roughly 100x above the other feats, excluding Penny's
  • Was from Volume 1, pre timeskip
The other feats in the verse, excluding the Dragon and the Maidens

• Cap at 8-C+
  • Are from Volume 3 and higher. Meaning they're from people who are far above Volume 1 Weiss.
  • Some required considerable effort to accomplish.
Option A: Volume 1 Weiss is somehow very casually 100 times above the 6 or 7 8-C+ feats that are from Volume 3, meaning they're several times above her, can accomplish, with the strongest character (excluding Amp'ed Adam) being baseline 8-B

Option B: It is an outlier

Tell me which one it is.

And once again, bring up a new argument other than just "This is unfair because [This verse which has far more high-level feats and less low-ends] has characters ranked at [level that is at least somewhat consistent], and not lower because of [Posts video of Naruto ninja being harmed by a kunai].

If we were doing this, we'd be proposing 9-C RWBY based on that scene where Ruby trips and falls on the floor and gets hurt.

WeeklyBattles said:
Then i have some major downgrade threads to make by these same standards because most verses on the wiki fall under the same category
Yes, because downgrading other verses out of spite when yours is being downgraded is the definition of a level-headed, unbiased person. We already explained over and over how your complaints are false equivalencies.

If 8-B Penny is going to be a thing then I can finally create a match I've actually played out in my head since before learning of this site's existence :D

Matthew Schroeder said:
Yes, because downgrading other verses out of spite when yours is being downgraded is the definition of a level-headed, unbiased person. We already explained over and over how your complaints are false equivalencies.
Not out of spite, out of standards

Out of standards which, as we've pointed out repeatedly, you misunderstand and fail to see false equivalencies in. Every single example of another fiction thrown here as a "Gotcha!" is intellectually dishonest, missing context, false equivalencies, or just straight up lies. And they are just being used because there is no way to debunk the 8-A / MHS feats being outliers under the context of RWBY alone, so you have to force it to not be by inventing something about how it is being treated unfairly.

If you suddenly go and make a "Downgrade Spider-Man to Supersonic because bullets!" thread, you won't be seen as a suddenly very reasonable and knowledgeable, level-headed person who is against Wank, you will be seen as salty and spiteful.

So please, for the sake of your own reputation, don't.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Kep Didja ever think maybe its Option C: Weiss' ice manip doesnt scale to her physical stats?
I'm guessing this is why it is scaled to literally the entire verse even to the freaking guns that mooks use?

Your Marvel examples have been debunked over and over again. Spider dodged Electro's lightning several dozens of times throughout his history, and he has also casually timed bullets, rockets and missiles several times.

RWBY has one MHS feat that gets contradicted minutes after, with said contradiction being consistent with the series's dozens of bullet timing feats. Coco's feat, for example, is the best bullet feat in the series and she is visibly worried and the feat requires effort.

The two are not comparable.

Kepekley23 said:
Your Marvel examples have been debunked over and over again. Spider dodged Electro's lightning several dozens of times throughout his history, and he has also casually timed bullets, rockets and missiles several times.
Over a hundred times, actually, I think.

And he also has like 8 Lightspeed feats.

AP probably, though we need to determine who scales to Weiss' feat

I still refuse to budge on the speed downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back