• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY: 8-A and MHS Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr. Bambu said:
My mistake, but the point still stands otherwise. Disproving MHS I could see, in some sense, but if we're considering a Tier 8 feat an outlier in a verse of Tier 8s, I'm beginning to develop a sense of overuse of the word "outlier".
Madail's 4-A feat is an outlier. He has like four 4-B feats in the same novel and scales upward to multiple beings with casual 4-B feats.

The 4-A feat is still unanimously considered an outlier among the 40K fans on this website, because it contradicts the scale of his own power and the power of other characters he faces.

If we can do this on this website, then so can you.

Arrogant Schmuck said:
I agree that we should wait for Kal and Everlasting

Really don't wanna be that guy or come off as rude but why should we wait? I mean most of everything that needs to be said and all the counters have been pretty much countered. Again I don't mean to come off as rude.

@Knight Because applying changes when people who could easily give worthwhile input and change things in this thread havent even had a chance to give any input is a dick move?

No one has said we won't either immediately, though some do argue. It's more like, "Let's also take into account the opinion of everyone else alongside their thoughts. We're not just gonna discard them because one guy said "Nah, these revisions are wrong.""

WeeklyBattles said:
This 8-A Ice creation feat isnt considered an outlier in a verse of 8-Cs/High 8-Cs so why its being considered an outlier for RWBY i dont understand
Todoroki is considered one of the most powerful in the class and has been noted to be far superior to many Pro heroes and legit a creation meant to surpass his father. in a verse with low 7-B and 7-A characters this is not an outlier.

also it's up to 8-A not just 8-A

Todoroki has shown both High 8-C, 8-B and 8-A feats.

@Matt Again, I think comparing verses isn't the greatest idea. Warhammer is a fantasy setting with feats using vast celestial bodies and distances, with a history of comparisons. Each verse should be a case by case scenario, and all things considered, this is different.

The difference between low-end 8-B to low-end 8-A is something like 10x.

The difference between low-end 4-B and low-end 4-A is something like (insert how many billions/trillions here)

It's clearly different.

Mr. Bambu said:
My mistake, but the point still stands otherwise. Disproving MHS I could see, in some sense, but if we're considering a Tier 8 feat an outlier in a verse of Tier 8s, I'm beginning to develop a sense of overuse of the word "outlier".
It's not that Tier 8 is an outlier

It's that the Low-Mid tier RWBY characters never had any remotely impressive feats on their own that would warrant them to scale to the MCB+ feats to the God Tiers of RWBY like the Maidens, Ozpin, and Raven...

A lot of the times when the Low-Mid tier characters fought against them they get wrecked...

Another reason why 8-A Weiss wouldn't sit well is because if you were to scale Yang to her, how on earth are you going to explain the situation as to why she lost against Adam is who is only like 8-C at best?... If Adam had actually beated Weiss before then the scaling would be just fine, no problem.

But since that is not the case... 8-A Weiss would be quite problematic.

@Matthew Okay? That... isn't what I said.

@Heroic Are you talking about Adam Taurus, who is currently considered to be possibly 7-B? I don't know the verse too well, apologies if that is the wrong character. That said, if it isn't... scaling. If Character A can fight Character B without it being inconsistent, then Character A should be roughly equatable to Character B. Even if that character had, say, an 8-B feat as their current max, but they could fight a character who could use an 8-A, I see no reason to say that the first character isn't a potential candidate for 8-A.

Furthermore, the feat in question isn't MCB+, just above baseline MCB (110 tons, baseline is 100 tons)

while I agree that the lasers should not scale to their striking strength normally.. we should look at it on a case to case basis because using the Logic "That's why it's a special attack" doesn't always work.

I mean Goku and them use Kamehameha's as special attacks and it's treated as the same as their striking strength when clearly the Kamehameha is meant to be superior to fist

as in the name "Special attack"

however, Dragonball has few valid feats to support that their striking strength is more or less in the same tier as their special attacks it's just that we should first just make sure

It's in the right thread. That argument was pretty far up, though, don't know why he's bringing it up now.

@Homu Sweet Homu He's talking about the Yang thing that brought up earlier about her striking strength being weaker than her energy attack, (did you not read the thread ovo)

@Kinkiest Actually Goku is only 9-B because he broke a wall once, other feats are outliers/inconsistent with wall busting

No Dragon Ball downgrade memes please, those are the most repetitive examples of strawmanning. However, I agree that we shouldn't just assume the 8-B to 8-A feats are outliers. A lot of JRPG characters scale to just one Tier 6 and above feats despite lacking anything beyond building level feats on their own.

@Dark Sorry, just found the comparison rather funny in regards to the context of this thread.

My god this thread is pure entrateinment, more so then the show itself in fact. I would point out that the rwby creatores dont exactly have much consistency, as oum was cool of rule perso ified, and the othwrs are " not very good at memory related things"

I agree with speed, with tier not so much, maybe assuming that the weaker lot are 8b would be alright (on the other hand, if the speed goes through then many argumwnts in ruby vs naruto are non valid)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back