• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY: 8-A and MHS Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
...Wait, how does it suddenly become consistent without any new 8-A feats?
Because the way the scaling goes now would put the students on their own at 8-B, which is consistent with another 8-B feat present on its own in the verse

Kepekley23 said:
You haven't found proof it's consistent. You're making people scale more to Weiss's feat, which is exactly why everyone agrees it's an outlier to begin with. Everyone who scales only has 8-C+ feats and struggles to do them. The Paladin's best feat is a casual 9-A feat, and it at best scales to 8-C+
Okay now youre just flat out ignoring how scaling works

so, suns team, cinder, hazel, yang, ozpin and oscar etc. have mid-low regen while while the likes of hazel and ruby have low-mid

Ricsi-viragosi said:
so, suns team, cinder, hazel, yang, ozpin and oscar etc. have mid-low regen while while the likes of hazel and ruby have low-mid
Ruby doesnt have Low-Mid, what are you talking about?

Uh, no, it isn't. Penny's feat is baseline 8-B, she is above Pyrrha, who can stomp Team CDRL, who is above average all by herself.

What you're doing is scaling people to Weiss's feat just because they're above her, which is literally what the past 12 hours was discussing. V1 Weiss's feat is an outlier because it is casual and everyone who is vastly above her consistently struggles to do 8-C+ feats.

You've even backtracked on it not scaling to physical stats anymore. Now it does?

could have sworn, still , why is it that high? and hazel does have low:

Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Aura (Able to use his Aura for numerous purposes), Forcefield Creation (Aura can be used as a full-body forcefield), Statistics Amplification (Can use Aura to enhance his striking power), Enhanced Senses (Can use his Aura to sharpen his senses), Regenerationn (Low-Mid), Potential Realizatio (Can unlock the Aura of another person), Extrasensory Perception, Martial Arts, Pain Immunity, Electricity Manipulation and Fire Manipulation via Dust Injection

@Ricsi Because Hazel regenerated from being impaled through the chest and was explicitly stated to have better aura Regenerationn than anyone out of the cast

i gave a copy past right on the comment

Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Aura (Able to use his Aura for numerous purposes), Forcefield Creation (Aura can be used as a full-body forcefield), Statistics Amplification (Can use Aura to enhance his striking power), Enhanced Senses (Can use his Aura to sharpen his senses), Regenerationn (Low-Mid), Potential Realizatio (Can unlock the Aura of another person), Extrasensory Perception, Martial Arts, Pain Immunity, Electricity Manipulation and Fire Manipulation via Dust Injection

its there Regenerationn (Low-Mid)

@Kep Penny's feat is also casual, and nothing ever says or implies that Pyrrha is vastly above everyone else, only that she's much more skilled.

What im doing is scaling people to feat they scale to through linear scaling that has feats to back up said scaling. V1 Weiss' 8-A feat is casual, her physical stats are much lower than it, and literlly the only thing that scales to it are Semblance amped Yang and Weiss' own summons, which both have legitimate scaling that grant them that rating, No one else scales to Weiss' 8-A feat. Everyone else would be at best mid 8-B except for Vernal. Show me one time anyone has actually struggled to do an 8-C+ feat.

Totally agree with this tbh.

I think we could possibly add Mercury and Emerald to 8-B too, since theyre both shown way superior to the regular cast, and the fact Mercury was able to keep Pyrrha on her toes. Emerald should also scale in that case too.

And im guessing everyone still thinks Oscar ******* one shots All the Tier 8's cause he pushed a guy that could be knocked over by a man falling dowm the stairs and Blake.

No, it isn't. She had to charge up the laser, and she can not replicate that in punches. Pyrrha does not scale to Penny. We've been through this. Pyrrha is far stronger than the average student and even Team RWBY, and she is still below Penny, who is baseline.

Weiss's physical stats are not below her 8-A feat going by your scaling. Flynt could shrug off a bombardment of Weiss's glyph ices, and he fought her, so Weiss would scale to her Dust.

The entire point of your previousclaim was to prove it doesn't scale to her punches, so it isn't an outlier. But it does scale.

@Kep Scaling and a little common sense proves she can. And no, once again NOTHING says that Pyrrha is stronger, she explicitly needed help from the rest of JNPR to fight the Death Stalker and againt the Merged Taijitu both Yang and Nora were doing more damage than she was.

Yes they are, going by my scaling Weiss is only 8-B and 8-A ONLY with the the maximum output of her Dust and her strongest summons, nothing else. Flynt didnt tank her 8-A dust attack. Weiss explicitly was unable to beat the Arma Gigas on her own and had to resort to attacking the Grimm controlling it by attacking its weak points in order to beat it.

It doesnt scale to her punches.

Kepekley23 said:
@Jinx
Yang and Yatsuhashi could both keep up with Mercury though.
Mercury lost to Yang on purpose and took multiple of her semblance amped punches. The whole point was to frame her, he even left her at 1 point.m

Yatsuhashi grabbed him once or twice, other than thay, Mercury was casually dickslapping both Coco and Yatsu with ease.

I doubt Mercury and Emerald as people who could take on a maiden and easily hold off the whole main cast when outnumbered are weaker than Pyrrha and Penny. Again, Mercury was fighting on par with her, and only stumbled when she was using her semblance, which has the advantage for reasons.

1. She can not replicate the punches, I've proven and linked it to you that she charged the laser up and that the one she used against Pyrrha wasn't the same several times and you keep answering it with "she obviously can, it's common sense" nonsense.

2. I've already said Pyrrha doesn't scale to Penny, she is just far stronger than almost all other students, which is obviously true, since she could block an attack from base Cinder and startle her. She easily blocked Blake's attacks, almost defeated Yang with a single throw of her bgs and almost blitzed Cardin. She is obviously above them.

Flynt tanked 6 ice Dust attacks at once. He was merely staggered and got back up moments later. Your argument that it doesn't scale to her punches is false, and if it scales it is an outlier as you said yourself.

Once again, your scaling is nothing more than you making Weiss and the others scale more to the 8-A feat. It is not any different than what we were arguing.

So these are the changes correct?

8-C+ Students

8-C+ Penny and 8-B Full Power Laser (Possibly the same for Velvet?)

I'm dropping the speed thing.

Tier 7 are unchanged.

1. Prove she cant.

2. Pyrrha is not above all the other students, some of them but not all of them. Cinder was holding back immensely in their fight, Blake held her with a sword clash for a few solid sceonds before they both retreated, and Yang was very clearly up and continuing fighting after Pyrrha did that so no, she's not above them in anything but skill.

3. Those ice dust attacks arent 8-A, go ahead and calc them yourself because theyre not. The 8-A Dust is literally the highest yield she's shown with her Dust, meaning she's likely get an 'At most' as she normally uses much less. It doesnt scale to her punches, Weiss explicitly was unable to beat the Arma Gigas on her own and had to resort to attacking the Grimm controlling it by attacking its weak points in order to beat it. And its not an outlier either as its consistent with another 8-B feat in the verse.

1. I've already proven her laser was charged up. You're the one who has to prove a charged up attack scales to baseline punches. Stop asking people to prove a negative, Matt and I've called you out on this too many times to even count

2. Pyrrha basically took a serious attack from Ruby, got thrown in the wall and was shown to be completely fine later. She can throw Nora aside like nothing. Stop acting like Ruby and Blake are comparable, they are not, Pyrrha has far better feats. Also, nobody in Team RWBY can hold a candle to Cinder even if she's suppressed.

3. That means nobody in the entire verse scales to it, including her summons, and it also means that she can't use that energy on any of her other attacks. I'm very skeptical of that, seeing as it was casual to her. Going by your logic, it'd scale

It's an outlier. Matt and I have proven it, almost everyone else agrees with us. Nobody scales to Penny, it's not consistent at all. You're pretending to have new arguments when it's the same as before.

Just a reminder that the thread is going to reach 500 posts limit soon

And btw, not almost everyone agrees with you @Kep. There are a plenty of people who agree with Weekly (although I have on clue why)

Okay, but Weiss literally beat the Arma Gigas, which would scale her to 8-A physically, which is not what this thread wants.

Have the summons actually shown 8-A feats?

And I still totally think Merc, Em and Neo should be 8-B scaling to above the students and Mercury being able to fight Pyrrha. The good fight was just fun, they werent seriously trying to kill eachother, or fight at their best, which is why Pyrrha didnt just waste their asses. It shouldnt really be taken into account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back