• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports (New forum)

A warning should be enough, yes. I think that he is a longtime member who has otherwise behaved well.

I blocked him.

Also, as a content moderator, you can use the rollback function against vandalism, to revert all the edits of a single member in a specific page.

Yeah adding 4 fairly noteworthy abilities and a speed rating without a CRT to a profile that was made by someone else a year ago is pretty bad mojo.

Looking further at the page's history, it also seems like Ryukama added an ability, and removed another without a CRT.

Matthew made some very blatantly wrong edits to the Blast profile.
The absurdity of these edits can be confirmed by the fine people in the One Punch Man Discussion Thread.
I've since fixed it, don't know if I should've, but this went unnoticed for a while.
LordTracer made a rather valid point in that thread though. Nothing was removed or significantly changed in that profile except for additions of black hole creation/dimensional travel. The description for his age and his hair color graying compared to him 18 years ago seems like those are reasonable changes.

Maybe you should ask him about it personally and see what he says. Perhaps he may have picked up small details that can qualify for those changes that the people in the OPM thread may have missed.

Not responsible for any issues that may happen with this post. Just giving perspective from a neutral pov

LordTracer made a rather valid point in that thread though. Nothing was removed or significantly changed in that profile except for additions of black hole creation/dimensional travel. The description for his age and his hair color graying compared to him 18 years ago seems like those are reasonable changes.

Maybe you should ask him about it personally and see what he says. Perhaps he may have picked up small details that can qualify for those changes that the people in the OPM thread may have missed.

Not responsible for any issues that may happen with this post. Just giving perspective from a neutral pov
There was also Spatial Manipulation, and BFR added to his abilities. His speed was also changed from Unknown to Relativistic+.

Adding 4 important abilities and a speed rating 100% deserves a CRT, even if it ends up being found legitimate.

Yeah, that’s basically what I was saying. Even though the changes were mostly correct, stuff like that still requires a CRT as far as I’m aware.

There was also Spatial Manipulation, and BFR added to his abilities. His speed was also changed from Unknown to Relativistic+.

Adding 4 important abilities and a speed rating 100% deserves a CRT, even if it ends up being found legitimate.
The speed change and the other abilities that you mentioned probably require a CRT, yea.
Other abilities that you didn't mention, you could just ask him since it doesn't seem to be major changes.
But this is just mo.

My concern wasn't at all the need for a CRT, Blast's profile was mostly a placeholder anyways. My problem was with how random and absurd the abilities were, almost as if they were made for Outlier wikia, or, as I asked in the discussion thread, if he was out of it somehow. For example: black hole creation likely refers to the effect made when he teleported which vaguely resembled a black hole in appearance (It displayed no properties and immediately dissipated, and this was Blast's very first real appearance). I'll shoot him a message either way, just thought I'd let people know.

I have no clue what a "placeholder profile" is, and don't think they should be a thing.

If new material gets released giving a character more feats, that needs a CRT.

I have no clue what a "placeholder profile" is, and don't think they should be a thing.

If new material gets released giving a character more feats, that needs a CRT.
I don't think it's an official thing, but his entire profile was just "unkown" and sometimes "possibly" because he had only been mentioned.
You don't need a CRT to make a new profile, I don't see how an existent but empty profile should be different. If users aren't allowed to edit without mod confirmation, then why are we able to? Seems counter-intuitive to me, and a good way to ensure a lot of profiles go unupdated.
Anyways, not relevant. What is relevant is Matt commented on the OPM thread, but completely ignored the accusation, and didn't respond to my message while he was online.

You don't need a CRT to make a new profile

Correct, we generally have looser requirements for creating new profiles (but technically you still need a CRT for new profiles that involve Low 1-A or higher ratings).

I don't see how an existent but empty profile should be different

Existent but empty profiles should be deleted. Works-in-progress belong in sandboxes. If there's not enough information to create an actual page, don't create one until there is.

There's also the angle that, sometimes profiles are more empty than other people expected because an ability was left out for a good reason, like you mentioned with the black hole stuff. CRTs should still be made so that mistakes like that aren't introduced.

If users aren't allowed to edit without mod confirmation, then why are we able to?

So that users can add matches, add better images, add quotes, fix grammar/formatting mistakes, add relevant categories, etc. There's a lot of stuff that can be done with profiles that don't require CRTs, and staff members don't want to be pestered about all of these.

Anyways, not relevant.

I still think it's important that users properly understand our rules. If you're making incorrect claims about what's allowed and other people are agreeing with you, I think that should be cleared up.

All reasonable assessments, reasonably spoken. I respect that. Sorry if it seemed like I was starting something, I just meant I'm more worried about Matt. He's been on the wiki for a long time and I really liked a lot of his work. This all just seems so out of character and I'm hoping he's alright.

Last edited:
Well, trustworthy staff members can usually be trusted to make minor self-evident corrections and additions without a CRT. For example, if somebody has given vastly exaggerated intelligence ratings to characters, based on flimsy reasoning and blatant misunderstandings, I tend to correct this sometimes.

However, it seems like a few of the changes in this case may have been incorrect.

One more thing (And perhaps this can be a basis for the future): If a character is newly introduced, and will likely continue to be developed in upcoming chapters, could a sort of ongoing CRT be made for that character, or should a new CRT be made every single chapter?

Or, should we simply wait for probably months for the arc to finish, and leave the profile out of date?

One more thing (And perhaps this can be a basis for the future): If a character is newly introduced, and will likely continue to be developed in upcoming chapters, could a sort of ongoing CRT be made for that character, or should a new CRT be made every single chapter?
Well, if it is ongoing, such things are discussed in the general discussion thread, but usually people create CRTs after every chapter, which is fine and better than waiting for the arc to finish.

Although, the stuff Matt changed needed a CRT and it also required waiting for the character's abilities to be confirmed in the future chapters, instead of jumping the gun.

Alright, thank you. I'll make a CRT sometime to confirm all of Blast's current information. Should I let this thread know if Matt responds?

You can ask Matthew to respond to the thread after you create it.

Usklaverei is already working on a catch-all OPM revision, and he'll include Blast there. That on the way, I suppose the business here is concluded until further notice. Thank you all for the help.

Actually there was a thread for it, but it wasn't in CRTs, it was in Q&A.
This one actually.
If he didn't add a link to the thread that can be rectified but last I checked the changes were okayed over in the general request thread before it happened.

Ah, wasn't in the CRT subforum or tagged or linked. There's a lotta points of failure here but nothing justifying undoing the edits, so I've undone my undoing, and ig we can leave this to rest.

He did it again after acknowledging a warning. Banned for 1 year.

I remember he was gonna do revisions on the page because everyone thought it looked like mess, and he said he was gonna clean it up. And the rest said: sure why not.

Doesn't seem justifiable, many of those pages are legitimate real ones. Replacing image galleries with bland links (some of which were removed entirely despite leading to actual pages) doesn't seem like a proper revision.

Anything big like this should really have someone present a sandbox of what they want to replace the verse page with, rather than giving random people carte blanche to reformat it in random ways.

Last edited:
It didn't look like a mess to me and I'm on pc like most people.

Not sure what justifies deleting all of those images and links, effort went into making those.

I feel like I should rollback the edits, I agree with Agna that a so large visual revision for a verse can't be done out of nothing, and it also looks way worse now.

Back