• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regarding the Rule Violations Report Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So which staff members think what here so far? I think that this may be a type of policy revision issue, so, although all staff members are free to comment, technically it is likely that only administrators and bureaucrats have a vote.

This concerns our forum rather than our wiki though, so I am likely mistaken.

Last edited:
technically it is likely that only administrators and bureaucrats have a vote.
I believe it has passed either way. If DDM expanded on why they disagreed I could try my best to reflect their concerns in my proposal. In any case the vote is:

Admin vote: 4-1

Admin + Thread Mod Vote: 7-1

General Staff Vote: 11-1

Well, it should likely be fine then.

@GarrixianXD

Are you willing to post your draft text for our opening post here please?

Well, it should likely be fine then.

@GarrixianXD

Are you willing to post your draft text for our opening post here please?
This thread will be used to report edits to any of our wiki pages that were unauthorized, maliciously applied, or can otherwise be considered unacceptable by our wiki's standards.

This thread shall cover the following violations:
  • Vandalism
  • Bad, unfaithful edits that violate our guidelines on structure formats (these include profiles, verses, items, civilisations, teams, vehicles, locations, powers and abilities, categories, and navigation templates) and common formatting
  • Unapproved changes to profiles without (or without linking) an approved content revision thread
  • Incessant publishment of low-quality and incomplete pages after a warning
  • Embedding suspicious or/and phishing links (this may include but not limited to shortened links) onto pages
  • Publishing pages that heavily violate the wiki guidelines(this may include extremely controversial, disturbing, gruesome and explicit content that severely violates our guidelines or/and Fandom's guidelines)
  • Uploads of disturbing and inappropriate images
  • Edits that include information and threats that may threaten the safety of another user
  • Any edits and page creations that you may find disturbing and violate the site rules/and Fandom's guidelines/terms of services
Before making a report in this thread, please ensure that you have done everything you can to make sure the edits in question were not accepted. You can do this by asking individuals who support the verse on their message walls, or by using the search function to view recent content revision threads specific to that verse.

Staff members, please be mindful of the fact that some unauthorized edits are going to be made by clueless, new users; before any severe action is taken against these users, please provide them with the information they need to become contributive members of our wiki. After they have been warned, stricter action can be taken. Additionally, take into consideration whether the unauthorized edits were blatant troll edits (i.e., changing a profile's Attack Potency to tier 0), and reflect this in the proposed punishment.

It is recommended that all staff members subscribe to this thread, by clicking the "Watch" button in the upper right corner of this post.

Do not derail the Vandalism Reports thread with irrelevant nonsense or internal disputes. It is solely for making serious, warranted reports of violations of Editing Rules and Vandalism, and not for discussion or side comments. Such posts should preferably be removed by the staff, and if a member continues to derail after being repeatedly told to stop, this will result in a temporary ban.

Regular members aren't allowed to post in the Vandalism Reports thread, unless they are making a report here, have direct involvement in a report, or have relevant information about a report that has not been brought up yet, to not derail or delay the processing of the reports, or worse instigate further rule violations. Repeated violations will be followed with a strict warning, followed by a thread-ban for one week to a site ban for some duration, depending on the severity of their conduct.

Last edited:
Thank you. I will post the new thread when I have managed to catch up with some work. Please remind me here otherwise. 🙏

I added:
  • Embedding suspicious or/and phishing links (this may include but not limited to shortened links) onto pages
This is a very important point I left off, I apologise for that.

What title should I give our new official reports thread?

"Wiki vandalism reports thread" seems good to me, but I am currently extremely busy, so I am afraid that it will have to wait for a bit longer. My apologies. 🙏

This thread will be used to report edits to any of our wiki pages that were unauthorized, maliciously applied, or can otherwise be considered unacceptable by our wiki's standards.

This thread shall cover the following violations:
  • Vandalism
  • Bad, unfaithful edits that violate our guidelines on structure formats (these include profiles, verses, items, civilisations, teams, vehicles, locations, powers and abilities, categories, and navigation templates) and common formatting
  • Unapproved changes to profiles without (or without linking) an approved content revision thread
  • Incessant publishment of low-quality and incomplete pages after a warning
  • Publishing pages that heavily violate the wiki guidelines(this may include extremely controversial, disturbing, gruesome and explicit content that severely violates our guidelines or/and Fandom's guidelines)
  • Uploads of disturbing and inappropriate images
  • Edits that include information and threats that may threaten the safety of another user
  • Any edits and page creations that you may find disturbing and violate the site rules/and Fandom's guidelines/terms of services
Before making a report in this thread, please ensure that you have done everything you can to make sure the edits in question were not accepted. You can do this by asking individuals who support the verse on their message walls, or by using the search function to view recent content revision threads specific to that verse.

Staff members, please be mindful of the fact that some unauthorized edits are going to be made by clueless, new users; before any severe action is taken against these users, please provide them with the information they need to become contributive members of our wiki. After they have been warned, stricter action can be taken. Additionally, take into consideration whether the unauthorized edits were blatant troll edits (i.e., changing a profile's Attack Potency to tier 0), and reflect this in the proposed punishment.

It is recommended that all staff members subscribe to this thread, by clicking the "Watch" button in the upper right corner of this post.

Do not derail the Vandalism Reports thread with irrelevant nonsense or internal disputes. It is solely for making serious, warranted reports of violations of Editing Rules and Vandalism, and not for discussion or side comments. Such posts should preferably be removed by the staff, and if a member continues to derail after being repeatedly told to stop, this will result in a temporary ban.

Regular members aren't allowed to post in the Vandalism Reports thread, unless they are making a report here, have direct involvement in a report, or have relevant information about a report that has not been brought up yet, to not derail or delay the processing of the reports, or worse instigate further rule violations. Repeated violations will be followed with a strict warning, followed by a thread-ban for one week to a site ban for some duration, depending on the severity of their conduct.
@DontTalkDT @AKM sama @DarkDragonMedeus @Mr._Bambu @Celestial_Pegasus @Wokistan @Ultima_Reality @Elizhaa @Qawsedf234 @ByAsura @Sir_Ovens @Damage3245 @Starter_Pack @Abstractions @LordGriffin1000 @Colonel_Krukov @SamanPatou @GyroNutz @Firestorm808 @Everything12 @Maverick_Zero_X @Crabwhale @Agnaa @Just_a_Random_Butler @DarkGrath

What do you think about creating a "Wiki vandalism reports thread" with the text contents listed above?

Since we already have quite a lot of staff agreements here, I think that I can create this new official discussion thread soon, but do I also need to modify the first post in the following thread afterwards, and if so, in what manner?

but do I also need to modify the first post in the following thread afterwards, and if so, in what manner?
This section is the only thing that seems like it would need to change:

Only report violations regarding the wiki rules. False reports due to personal vendettas are unacceptable.

Also, this thread should be for reporting actual rule-breaking, not every single little disagreement.

In cases of extreme vandalism or trolling, you can report the accounts at the SOAP wiki.
You could change it to this:

Only report violations regarding the wiki rules on forum conduct, reports regarding vandalism and wiki editing violations should be made [here]. False reports due to personal vendettas are unacceptable.

Also, this thread should be for reporting actual rule-breaking, not every single little disagreement.

In cases of extreme vandalism or trolling, you can report the accounts at the SOAP wiki.
The part about the SOAP wiki could be moved to the new thread.

Thank you very much for your help. 🙏

It is late here now, and I have wiki work left to do, but I will have to handle this before my vacation. Reminders are very appreciated. 🙏

I have a question, is promoting and calling your thread more important (even though they are for completely separate things) viable for a warning?

I have a question, is promoting and calling your thread more important (even though they are for completely separate things) viable for a warning?
Depends on the context. For instance, we have a Content Revision Promotion Thread, where people can promote their CRTs. Calling your thread more important is just kind of annoying at worst. If they're trying to promote their thread in the middle of another CRT, though, they'd be derailing

Depends on the context. For instance, we have a Content Revision Promotion Thread, where people can promote their CRTs. Calling your thread more important is just kind of annoying at worst. If they're trying to promote their thread in the middle of another CRT, though, they'd be derailing
I have a guy complaining about people going to my crt instead of his far more important one, I'll inform him about the Content Revision Promotion Thread,

I have now posted a new wiki vandalism reports thread, updated our previous rule-violation reports thread, and hopefully properly updated all of our main affected wiki pages as well.

If anybody has suggestions regarding anything that I may have missed or otherwise still need to do, please mention it here. 🙏

I have now posted a new wiki vandalism reports thread, updated our previous rule-violation reports thread, and hopefully properly updated all of our main affected wiki pages as well.

If anybody has suggestions regarding anything that I may have missed or otherwise still need to do, please mention it here. 🙏
I don't believe there is. You can close this now, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back