• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violations Reports - 65

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still do not know why they are so obsessed with me. I am very uninteresting and this wiki is mostly harmless. We shouldn't discuss the issue though.

It has been removed if you check.

Fandom increased the protections for the wiki again. It seems like somebody partially shut them off May last year.

So are the images still on the website? Like, when you're about to post an image, it shows a bunch of other recently posted images, right? Are the troll images on there?

I asked the staff to remove the character page edits that the troll performed.

I would keep an eye on this guy right here. He has been sending **** and gore to various users of this wiki and JBW on another wiki called LordAizenSama Wiki (WARNING: Some of these images are somewhat disturbing) and while he hasn't done anything bad here, he could potentially cause trouble.

I banned him, it's pretty clear what's going on.

Ive seen that guy before, he did the same to me. All I did was just delete the message the moment it was sent to me.

@Spino It wasn't made as a troll wiki. It was made as a joke wiki between some old users about four years ago. It just fell into disrepair, and so is open for trolls to **** around on it without moderation. Trolls have done this to a bunch of other wikis that have fallen out of use.

It is still probably worthwhile getting Fandom to delete it, though.

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
I have messaged Fandom about the "LordAizenSama Wiki", which is likely a wiki for the trolls to send gore and **** to us.
You should also let them know about "Stronk Wiki", which they've been directly DMing me through.

It seems Thebluedash was actually the one who founded the wiki years ago back in late 2015. And he's also a permanently blocked former staff who later became a troll. But let's not derail the Rule Violations Thread.

Eh, alright, I'll give my input on TheUpgradeMan matter. It really shouldn't be as drawn out as it is, but I'll at least add my 2 cents to the mix.

I'm inclined to say that 9-12 months is far, far too long. A year is far, far longer than most people give it credit for. If we give a temporary block to someone, we do so under the assumption that by the end of the block period that they will have learned in the time that they were gone and that it will be acceptable to allow them back into the community. Anything more than a few months under this line of thought is borderline pointless; as the offender in question would likely have either completely forgotten about the wiki or would have little hope of actually being an acceptable member of the community if they hadn't learned after so long.

For more context on the length of time that's been suggested (9-12 Months), there was around 11 months between me first joining the wiki and becoming a staff member. A year is a long time; and someone who was as otherwise harmless as TheUpgradeMan shouldn't need that long to be acceptable for the community again.

I don't mean to diminish what he has done, but I do feel the main punishment suggested is far too extreme. I would suggest 4-6 months at most.

I've refused to comment on the matter because my views on bans are very extreme. I don't think any ban should be longer than 3 months or so. Trolls make socks anyway, and normal members learn their lesson or get bored/don't care any more.

So yes, I'd want UpgradeMan's ban time reduced.

On his conduct, which is largely what informs ban times for other members, I can't think of a sharp reason to go against either interpretation. One being that it was a momentary lapse of judgement, and another being that we can't trust any member that uses deceit in a way that pushes a CRT. So I end up with a neutral stance, there.

We can't do anything about other wikis. It should be reported directly to Fandom (someone else should explain how since I've forgotten).

@DarkGrath

Upgrade is currently banned for 6 months, but I think that is also too harsh against an otherwise well-behaved member who did not mean any harm.

Can someone erase this thread from existence please? It shows up in the related threads section of the RVTs (Due to having the same topics as the RVTs). It just looks extremely jarring and bad imo.

Antvasima said:
@DarkGrath

Upgrade is currently banned for 6 months, but I think that is also too harsh against an otherwise well-behaved member who did not mean any harm.
Well, again, my suggestion was around 4-6 months, and I'm leaning closer to 4 months. I don't want to downplay what he did; he's still getting blocked, but I think this would be far more fair rather than lenient or overaggressive.

I think that 4 months would be better than the current time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back