• An important announcement about how to solve problems with your discussion thread notifications, and other important issues.

Please click here for further information.
  • Important information regarding the linking of images from Fandom wikis.

• Important information regarding upcoming advertisements in this forum.

Rule Violations Reports - 65

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antvasima

VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
I agree with Julian. Also, the VSTF already cleaned up the mess.

Was told to make a "decent, concise, and coherent case" for unbanning ShadowWarrior1999 here so don't tell me to make a thread for it. I'm going in circles.

As a brief summary of what was decided for off-site stuff from this thread:

Sera EX said:
Off-site behavior is completely irrelevant except in cases of:
If you were to look at the reasonings of his ban due to off-site Discord drama, you'll see that Shadow has violated... None of these, actually.

• This is the only one you could make a case for, but there was nothing that he said that caused any form of destabilization. The most it did was, what, hurt the feelings of others due to childish insults? Nothing thay warrants a ban.
  • No threats of any form from anybody on site. No doxxing, hacking, threats of physical harm, etc. Nothing much else to say on this front.
  • I hope that this would be an obvious no, but I'll reiterate that Shadow has done nothing that's regarded as criminal activity.
While the thread is still in-progress, everybody agrees that Sera's sugfestions is what generally should be held as what could lead to bans. There will obviously be things that aren't listed, but Shadow hasn't done anything else that would warrant a ban.

Antvasima

VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
I told you not to bring it up, as the Human Resources Group has discussed the issue very extensively with Mr. Bambu and DarkDragonMedeus before they reached a decision. To keep digging up the issue over and over and over is only wasting all of our time and most likely won't lead anywhere.

No offense, Ant, but the judgement of your staff isn't always reliable. If you fail to realize that things can change, and that cases such as these aren't always concrete, then there's not much I can say.

Several staff agree with me in case you've failed to notice, with Bambu himself saying he was neutral on the topic of Shadow. So don't act as if this is something unchangeable, Ant, when the "standards" for this weren't even made until Shadow was brought up. And that comment you made about it being repeatedly brought up? Yeah, that was a lie. I have people telling me left and right to do different things, and I'm not gonna be at your beck and call in this.

@Ant maybe we should create a separate thread for this in general discussion and highlight it again once we have decided on our new off-site standards.

Antvasima said:
It should be a staff only thread in that case to avoid lots of drama.

Maybe Shake could be allowed to comment as well.
Emessary from Hell should comment as well, since he made the case against the ban in the first place

The_Calaca

VS Battles
Retired
As the person who has been dealing with him today, I gotta say he's just trying to get attention looking at what actions he commits.

Granted, he's being disrespectful at the people in the wiki when clashing the scaling is incorrect and that the site isn't good or this. Meanwhile he directly rejects making CRTs to discuss what he thinks is accurate.

So while overall harmless, he's not productive. Seems to be a child trying to figure in internet.

DarkDragonMedeus

The Sword and Shield of AKM Sama
VS Battles
Sysop
I think a warning is appropriate, but not in good enough condition to be giving out warnings ATM. Basically tell him that while he is entitled to his opinion, he should be mindful about what he says regarding the wiki and the statistics. And that Vs Threads should be going by the profile rather than constantly derail. And he should be moving it to content revisions if he has a problem with the stats.

The_Calaca

VS Battles
Retired
I'm not sure what's the basis for the warning so with a little help I can give him a proper warning.

Elizhaa

VS Battles
Sysop
The Calaca said:
I'm not sure what's the basis for the warning so with a little help I can give him a proper warning.
Sure, I think it can be on this Site Rule:

You can leave comments in the forums if you want to argue about a character's power or point out things that seem wrong, but don't be rude, obnoxious, unreasonable, or overly argumentative. Also, try to keep the forum threads on point, and to not veer off-topic.

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Sysop
Mado once again has done that thing where s/he tries to tell people how to do their jobs with that whole sanctimonious thing s/he does here. I gave a response so no need for action, but mentioning it here as s/he was reported for this or something similar before.

The_Calaca

VS Battles
Retired
That's one of the things I want to adress in the discussion I want to do, mostly because some rules are misplaced.

Antvasima

VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
I deleted the message. It was links to debating him in Discord.

Anyway, he seems very clueless and rather obnoxious. Perhaps you should tell him to wait with his interactions here until he gets more accustomed to how this place works? You can link him to our rules pages as well.

The_Calaca

VS Battles
Retired
I have already done so in his message wall. But I agree with waiting until he finally learns how to work here

DarkDragonMedeus

VS Battles
Sysop
I think this user might be suspicious. He's got a swear word in his username; albeit censored, but that's still a typical troll name.

Also randomly wrote this rude comment on this blog. Not sure if that's enough for a ban, but seems very suspicious. The comment is very tame, but just his name combined with that attitude is still fishy.

Antvasima

VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
I do not think that it is a troll. He has a previous seemingly harmless edit history. We should probably unblock him and ask him to change his username instead.

I agree with Ant, looking at his editing history, he looks like someone normal, just didn't agree much with the blog and got a weird nickname.

I think so, it does not seem any danger to wiki, except the strange nickname and have been a little aggressive in the comment.

He should be fine, People, me included, swear all the time here. he can have a censored swear for a name

DarkDragonMedeus

VS Battles
Sysop
It isn't swearing that's the problem; however, I recall it being said that having swear words in a username was against Fandom's TOS whether obscured or blantant. Someone was globally blocked for having the Russian word for the B word in their use name. However, I agree that it might have been rushed on the blocking, but I still think it's best to ask him to change his username before he risks getting a global block anyway.

Antvasima

VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
I do not mind if you ask him to change his username to something harmless.

Antvasima

VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
Well, there have been recent discussions about this, so he is probably just unfamiliar with how we do things here. It is probably better if you give him a warning.

NormalPerson87, is, being a bit, pestery

He keeps pestering anyone who made a calc in existence to evaluate a feat for Johnny Test, even if they aren't calc members. He also is spamming random people's walls for input in a VS Match he made.

He is doing this for Schnee, Weekley, Kepekely, and Stefano

He is a relatively new user here, can someone please give him a minor reminder about not spamming people's walls on stuff that they don't do

Antvasima said:
I think that I recommended that he should ask a few calc group members for help. Maybe he got confused?
I told him to ask a few calc group members, he must have mistakened calc group members and anyone who made a calc A minor reminder should do on not spamming message walls of non calc group members

AKM sama

Automatic Killing Machine
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
Human Resources
He's only asked a couple of people to comment on his versus thread, and both of them are pretty active when it comes to participating. He is not pestering or spamming their walls. That's a pretty normal way of letting someone know about a vs match they might be interested in.

As for the calc request, he asked a couple of people who are capable of calcing stuff (even though they are not calc members) to calc something. Maybe the guy knows and trusts them to calc it. He only left one message. I don't see how that is pestering or spamming. There is nothing wrong in asking for a favor.

I also quite literally exited the thread so I can calm down, don't make a mountain out of a mole hill as you usually do Kukui. You have a tendency to report people for things that aren't even report worthy.

So what if you left the thread? Doesn't change the fact that you were being somewhat hostile (which isn't the first time you've done this) and should be given a minor warning for that, unless staff themselves don't think it's report worthy.

Which isn't a offense that's report worthy. Again , Kukui you have a frequent tendency to make false reports. This ranges from you reporting users like Lance for "being aggressive" which staff has already told you isn't report worthy.

Being hostile in a thread is usually enough to receive warnings, especially if it's on-going and we've had users be warned for doing that before. This isn't the same as my "false" report with Lance since here you are telling a staff member to shut up just because of a disagreement.

But whatever. If staff doesn't deem it report worthy, thats fine and I apologize.

Antvasima

VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
Can some other staff members investigate if TPOC actually did anything particularly bad?

Antvasima

VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
@Goji

It is more likely to have been a clumsy inexperienced mistake in this case. Somebody should give him a warning instead.

DarkDragonMedeus

VS Battles
Sysop
I have blocked Shinigami for the troll post, and also deleted his troll post.

Also, several staff members myself included were in the thread. Prince was already given a warning about his behaivor. It was initially minor stuff like calling people ignorant, but there were insults such as calling people "Spades". And he eventually ended by saying "Fuck this thread". Prince is usually fairly decent, but has a tenancy to lose his temper from time to time. I don't think he needs a ban, but he does need some time to cool off for sure.

AKM sama

Automatic Killing Machine
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
Human Resources
He didn't do anything major besides being passive-aggressive in the thread and insulting others of being ignorant, stonewalling and not being knowledgeable just because I and Monarch disagreed with his arguments. Apparently, him having some gripe against me for a Bleach related matter could also be a factor for that behavior as he brought up that thread in a completely unrelated discussion and also said "he'd enjoy to hear what my flawed argument are even based on".

Nothing major though, he just needs to calm down and present his points in a less agressive fashion, which he was already told in the thread by me and Bambu.

Antvasima

VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
By the way, I still think that we should significantly reduce the ban period for TheUpgradeManHaHaxD. He didn't actually cause any harm or have any bad intentions. He just seems a bit paranoid in general going by our private conversation.

DarkDragonMedeus

VS Battles
Sysop
I did say I was fine with reducing his block to 3 months given he didn't really cause harm; though, others think anything less than 6 months is lenient. I think 3 to 6 months is fine, but it sounds like it would be good to get it over with instead of constantly going back and forth and using up our RVR messages. We don't want a repeat of last year having more RVR reboots than 2015-2018 put together.

DarkDragonMedeus

VS Battles
Sysop
Alright, that really drew the line, and he basically said he's done with the wiki. He's always been so polite to me, so I am a bit surprised. However, the insults towards AKM Sama and Elizhaa (Both of whom are some of the friendliest people here) cannot simply be ignored.

His last post is just a string of ad hominem thrown at people because some dude at the internet has anger issues. He legit said he wanted to punch you guys.

He's clearly not here to be productive.

Moritzva

VS Battles
Joke Battles
FC/OC Battles
Thread Moderator
Content Moderator
Prince of Counters is pretty self-explanatory, definitely needs to be reprimanded.

I am firmly against lowering Upgrade's ban again. 6 months is already incredibly lenient for using sock puppets to further a thread.

Antvasima

VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
I agree that he went over the line to a bannable degree there. However, didn't he say that he would deactivate his account?

CrimsonStarFallen said:
His last post is just a string of ad hominem thrown at people because some dude at the internet has anger issues. He legit said he wanted to punch you guys.
He's clearly not here to be productive.
As someone who fought the angery issue over the last year, this is kind of saddened me

This isnt the first time Prince has been reported for his hostility. Aside from today, he's been reported by me a while before and someone else for his aggresiveness in a thread.

If he's just gonna bring up a bunch of irrelevant stuff and sling insults at people then dip out he should probably be banned forever. If he doesn't have any interest in improving his behavior then he's just gonna cause more problems if he stays. Especially if he says he's leaving.

DarkDragonMedeus

VS Battles
Sysop
I have decided to block Prince of Counters permanently, he basically said he didn't ever want to come back, and it seems it was the universal agreement. And to prevent more massive posts regarding the matter.

His behavior has been like this for several years now, and he hasn't shown any interest in changing that. I agree with an infinite ban.

Antvasima

VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
Okay. That seems to have been dealt with then.

I still think that we should reduce UpgradeMan's block to 3 months in any case.

Antvasima

VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
He is completely harmless and simply made a mistake. I am against punishing him as harshly as we have done. It seems very unfair.

Status
Not open for further replies.