• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violations Reports - 55

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was taken care of by the lightning fast speed of Andy before you even made the report.

Those image posts are wayyyy to big to be taken lightly. It often leads to giant lags or possibly computer crashes due to how much space it takes up. We should at least delete those posts and give him a warning; he could be troll or he could be naive. But I think the warning and post removals are a start. If he persists, we can ban him.

Edit: I left him a message on his wall.

Scratch that, that guy was a troll. He made a thread that looked like a sad news thread, but the URL was fake. I won't say what it was too, but I blocked him for it. Nuking his contributions would also be a good idea.

I used WHAM to clean up after him.

I knew someone would report that guy. He's the not the first "feats-only" guy we've came across nor will he be the last.

Anyone is welcome to critcize our practices in a constructive manner, but this guy doesn't seem to be the constructive type.

It's best that we just part ways with those who refuse to debate in a reasonable and civic manner rather than just go "lol you're wrong".

I already created the discussion on his message wall. If he goes on with the stubborness then we should be more strict.

I know that this is a common thing here, but instead of just trolling and insulting us he was just angry over petty reasons that not everyone might understand.

Tbf, even the opposing side was acting like a dick. Shit like "omg lul thread" or "exdee close this troll" makes you guys no different from them. Literally the very first posts were people making fun of the op

Good ******* God, are you guys kids or what? No wonder this wiki is losing credibility as a battleforum to the point it became the butt of all other sites jokes. Keep up this attitude and i doubt anyone would care about VSBW in the future.

There's a fine line between "debating rationally" and "making fun of others for having different opinions". Most of you went for the latter and the other former had their useful posts buried under the amount of shitposts

This is entirely irrelevant to the point. Outright insulting the site like he did and even directly insulting a user is a clear sign of trolling and an instant bannable move. It has nothing to do with this childish "Well, but he started the fight, teacher!" arguments.

I agree with Sera about that we should preferably not allow repeated non-constructive attack accounts to waste our time, but Sleepy also has a point in that we should avoid shitposting in response.

@Matthew

Medeus took care of the banning.

@Sleepy

We are doing very well in terms of popularity, thank you, but I would obviously very much like our profiles to turn considerably more reliable. We are doing our best to gradually improve the wiki in that regard though.

Matthew Schroeder said:
This is entirely irrelevant to the point. Outright insulting the site like he did and even directly insulting a user is a clear sign of trolling and an instant bannable move. It has nothing to do with this childish "Well, but he started the fight, teacher!" arguments.
Hence why i said "no different from them". They want those reactions and for them, 90% of users sadly falls for this and ends up giving them what they want.

This is a fairly common issue in here actually. Someone brings up a sensitive topic, maybe even insult someone, and the community reaction is to go commando on them. Improper reactions and attitude is not a way to improve this site.

Edit: I am by no means thinking the op should not be banned or something. Hell no, he's attitude is enough to show us how toxic he is.

My main grip is how people react to these sort of things, spreading toxicity in return.

Edit: lmao Matt confused me wtf

I am confused. Are we talking about the Naruto thread or Flash thread?

The Naruto thread was terrible. Like, I get joking around, but err...you really should at least address the arguments instead of purely jesting.

Flash thread, I see no real jesting around. I feel like Matt and Sleepy are discussing two different threads.

Prodding a new user into flaming when they're initially making constructive arguments and then turning around and calling them a troll isn't how you manage a forum.

Administrators should have a clear distinction when they are commenting as regular users (debating and discussing) and using their role (banning/maintaining quality/removing problematic material). The two should not have to mingle in the same thread often, and if an administrator is doing this repeatedly, there's an HR contact in the OP on this thread.

tbf fair I do not see a staff member insulting Downgrade in that thread. Sera made a pretty respectful comment explaining things and Calaca simply closed the thread. This was done by regular users. Not that it really changes the point or anything.

The Naruto thread was clearly handled improperly. It was mostly "lol troll". What do you expect from an HST downgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back