• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports (New forum)

Personally I'm not a fan of Curry's response, especially the accusations that Ottavio is trying to get Fuji warned/banned. The fact of the matter is that this has been a repeated problem, as has been pointed out, and it's very reductive to paint this as such.
I don't think Fuji should be free from punishment, in fact, I think a final warning before a much longer than 2 week ban for a potential next offense would be the best bet here.

My personal advice would be to vent frustrations in private, whether that be in the dms of a trusted friend or a discord server. Obviously, we all have moments where we slip up and get frustrated, but it should be avoided, especially considering there's a delete feature for your own messages. Just taking a step back and going "Is this really necessary and will saying this get me in trouble." is always good to do, especially on a site focused on debating like this one.

I don't think Fuji should be free from punishment, in fact, I think a final warning before a much longer than 2 week ban for a potential next offense would be the best bet here.
hasn't that kinda thing already happened?
back when the whole deidalius situation was a thing it was almost an even split between deciding to ban her (there's a distinction between ban and short ban, so i'd assume it's permanent) and no action as well as some inbetween.

i'd definitely consider that some variety of "final warning", there's a point where you have to realize how many times the same shit has happened in regards to conduct with other people and nothing has changed since, no?

back when the whole deidalius situation was a thing it was almost an even split between deciding to ban her (there's a distinction between ban and short ban, so i'd assume it's permanent) and no action as well as some inbetween.

i'd definitely consider that some variety of "final warning", there's a point where you have to realize how many times the same shit has happened in regards to conduct with other people and nothing has changed since, no?
No lie I forgot about that whole situation.

Edit: I’ll comment on this really quick, but I would like to add that Fuji is away on a “vacation” of sorts for the weekend and will most likely not being interacting with the site for that duration, so I think it’d be nice or at least somewhat respectful to wait to pass whatever judgment/conclusion is met until then.
Obviously, discussion should still take place, but I’d rather not see someone get a punishment while away on what’s meant to be a fun trip.

Last edited:

You’re certainly right, although looking at this situation, the end result wasn't a warning (if I'm looking at this and her file correctly). Dei and Fuji's case was really just two people who did not like each other in the slightest and just needed to stop interacting, which was completed through a mutual ignore on their accounts.

If anything, the last situation with the DBH supporters and aggressive behavior is a better example. She received her punishment and came back and seemingly hasn't made a repeat offense.

Once again, I would like to add that this report largely revolves around her venting general frustrations in a thread that is somewhat made for that. I do not deny that the way she conveyed it aggressive and unnecessary, I'll be the first to admit that those things should not be posted in the first place.
But I still don't think it's ban worthy, and I think that since it's best to tell her to stop these comments in general or at least taking them too far, otherwise she will receive a much longer ban the next time this behavior crops up, non-negotiable.

Those are my thoughts at current.

Also, apologies for acting like I'm a staff member, the FC/OC yellow tag corrupts me like the symbiote.. (/j)

Edit: I’ll comment on this really quick, but I would like to add that Fuji is away on a “vacation” of sorts for the weekend and will most likely not being interacting with the site for that duration, so I think it’d be nice or at least somewhat respectful to wait to pass whatever judgment/conclusion is met until then.
Obviously, discussion should still take place, but I’d rather not see someone get a punishment while away on what’s meant to be a fun trip.
Also, to confirm this, this is from herself
poOGxj2.png

My bad, I forgot we used the Warning Tracker and not the actual thing in Moderator Tools, she did in fact receive a warning for the Deidalius situation, ignore that bit.

My personal advice would be to vent frustrations in private, whether that be in the dms of a trusted friend or a discord server. Obviously, we all have moments where we slip up and get frustrated, but it should be avoided, especially considering there's a delete feature for your own messages. Just taking a step back and going "Is this really necessary and will saying this get me in trouble." is always good to do, especially on a site focused on debating like this one.
I'm definitely not against what you're saying here, it was primarily the framing of the report as "trying to get her warned/banned" that I was not a fan of.

Also, I'm not opposed to waiting for her vacation to finish before passing whatever verdict is reached. My stance currently remains the same, if this is to be discussed further.

I suppose we can decide after the vacation thing. And I do hope she enjoys that despite what's been going on here.
Generally, I think the consensus seems to be a warning with the caveat of "If you do it again, you are getting punished harshly no matter what."

I just didn't want to see her get a ban during a vacation and then come back confused and uninformed (I know I would hate that)

Tallying the votes, it seems we have

Fine with a strict warning: Maverick_Zero_X, Mr. Bambu, LordGriffin1000, Antvasima

Fine with a Light Warning: Deagonx

Fine with a ban or strict warning: Theglassman12, CloverDragon03, Planck69

Neutral, leaning towards another chance: DarkDragonMedeus

If I got anything wrong, feel free to correct me, and I'll change the tally, but the consensus seems to be a warning, with basically everyone agree some sort of action should be taken. I think it'd be best to end this off here with a warning (which I could gladly deliver the result to her) and we see what happens after she's back from her vacation and past that.

Last edited:
Some sort of action being taken: Planck69, Deagonx
I was in favor of a light warning. I think there is reason to think the comment as-written was not rulebreaking. We tend to be much more flexible with what we allow people to say when someone is not being targeted, especially given the title and purpose of the thread.

I was in favor of a light warning. I think there is reason to think the comment as-written was not rulebreaking. We tend to be much more flexible with what we allow people to say when someone is not being targeted, especially given the title and purpose of the thread.
Got it, I've changed my message

Generally, I think the consensus seems to be a warning with the caveat of "If you do it again, you are getting punished harshly no matter what."

I just didn't want to see her get a ban during a vacation and then come back confused and uninformed (I know I would hate that)

Fine with a strict warning: Maverick_Zero_X, CloverDragon03, Mr. Bambu, LordGriffin1000

Fine with a ban or warning: Theglassman12

Some sort of action being taken: Planck69

If I got anything wrong, feel free to correct me, and I'll change the tally, but the consensus seems to be a warning, with basically everyone agree some sort of action should be taken. I think it'd be best to end this off here with a warning (which I could gladly deliver the result to her) and we see what happens after she's back from her vacation and past that.
I'm fine with a strict warning or a ban

Fine with a strict warning: Maverick_Zero_X, Mr. Bambu, LordGriffin1000

Fine with a ban or strict warning: Theglassman12, CloverDragon03

Some sort of action being taken: Planck69

I'm fine with a warning or a ban. My issue with this is largely how many instances of warning they've had beforehand, even if this one is a relatively minor offense on its own.

Reporting @DavidTPPM and @ReaperAndBlues for mocking me, disrespect, trying to get the OP to disregard my vote in this thread, and being generally mean-spirited towards others who don't share their opinions. I removed myself from the conversation because I didn't want the match to be derailed or get heckled.

Is another staff member willing to investigate please?

Okay, so I looked at the whole thing. The main stuff comes on page 2, and this is what I've gathered:
  • David's responses weren't the best, but they weren't super egregious either. I'm not sure if even a warning is really warranted here, just a note to keep things more amicable.
  • Reaper, on the other hand, is a bit different. Toward the end of the second page, he continuously tries to invalidate Quibster's vote simply because he doesn't personally find her reasons sufficient. I'd endorse a light warning for him, and I've also left a comment on the thread.

Thank you very much for your evaluations. 🙏❤️

Would any of our thread moderators or administrators be willing to apply Clover's suggestions please?

Thank you for helping out. It seems like Reaper needs a light official warning as well though. 🙏

This appears self explanatory. We have made a distinction in the past between criticism for actions or arguments vs attempting to debase people you disagree with by insulting them. It's not serious, but egging on the weird overreaction to the GoW threads doesn't do us any good. A warning is sufficient.

This appears self explanatory. We have made a distinction in the past between criticism for actions or arguments vs attempting to debase people you disagree with by insulting them. It's not serious, but egging on the weird overreaction to the GoW threads doesn't do us any good. A warning is sufficient.
Fair enough, I did go overboard.

Will try to contain my self better in the future.

On that note, I think Robo should be given a warning as well for this comment he made.
Robo had other, worse comments that are now deleted. I felt they were less notable than Eseseso's continued ranting on the subject, but then I try to be lenient towards people also tossing me into the mix for voicing my opinion (a perhaps misguided approach but one that alleviates bias somewhat). If you feel it is sufficient, I would agree.

Skimming through the thread, there's a couple of others. From @Tony_di_bugalu (The second is from the revision thread itself, but I deleted it due to lack of permission and it's inflammatory nature)
Cuz Deagon needs to pull staff out of somewhere to get his thread accepted
I have no horse in this race but it's obvious Deagon is just pulling everything he can to stall until he can summon staff that agrees with him or just wear down staff to agree with him and end this.

Kinda scummy when (as someone pointed out) the guy just closed past threads the second the grace period ended.

Also this comment from @Pepsimanslover_69:
The fact that he lied about a standard, Wouldn't allow the thread to closed even if it had 2× disagrees even tho he attempted to get threads close on a basis of 1 vote difference,

Is pretty scumy behavior.

And these other comments from @Eseseso:
Then maybe Deagon shouldn't twist the rules to get his way and accept the fact that the votes against him are double those for him.

Dude is obsessed with nerfing God of War.
The thread should be closed already but as I said DeagonX is a sore loser.
Deagon certainly sees himself as being knowledgeable about this subject, even though now he's just being a sore loser...
Dude refuses to act like a staff member should.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
For my part, I encourage action insofar as this sort of needless drama-bait is not appropriate for the forum. As a matter of personal offense, I'm mostly indifferent. I'm known for pursuing downgrades and having a somewhat more conservative take on things than other people, and this sort of vitriol or accusations of foul play -- in my experience -- have been the cost of doing business when taking the stance that an ability or tier is not supported by the evidence. It has happened with every single verse I have worked on, I have seen the same directed at other staff members who tend to lean towards downgrades, and I know that it's not truly preventable.

I stand by the decisions I have made in terms of administrative actions, albeit I recognize that I get too prickly at times (not an uncommon thing, but far from ideal). In any case, those who have legitimate concerns that my actions are unbecoming of a staff member should direct those concerns to members of HR who are responsible for receiving and considering such complaints as they pertain to demoting staff members. Open and public trash talking or accusations are not appropriate.

Back