• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports (New forum)

Again, staff input would be very appreciated. Should one of us create a staff forum thread about our content revision thread limit?
Ant, not sure but you indeed understood my request, yes? I am not demanding to create a staff forum or change the rule?

I am saying, create a reminder or announcement message to people

We need to decide if we should somehow modify our old standards first. I think they were instated to avoid extreme spam after we reopened our discussion forum after a break for several months.
But no one is really opposing it? I am still perfectly fine for this rule, and I think none as far.

Are we seriously hounding someone cause he likes posts? Jesus, lads.

I've seen Pepper around and I can say he doesn't mean anything within a solar system's reach of malicious with it. And if you think it's annoying, need I remind that Like notifications go away after you click the bell once. They don't stick around like replies and mentions do. This is really a non-issue.
Also, just a clarification that I agree with the above post, and that it is very nice when our members try to encourage, thank, and be supportive of each other by liking posts. That is what the function is there for in the first place.

I was just referring to a very specific type of situation that I had encountered in the past earlier.

Someone ban threaded from this thread ( https://vsbattles.com/threads/nasuverse-cosmology-re-evaluation.152965/page-2#post-5721988) and deleted my last comment one more time for absolutely no reason.
I was responding to Deagonx comment by showing that Paul already talked about his last argument and that the word he was trying to change the signification was not possible since they had different kanji.
Sorry for posting here, but it feels like this (and maybe a few other concerns) might have gotten buried under all the talk about CRT Limits and stuff

Combination of a few things. He'd posted multiple times in a row without staff input with very long posts that were pretty hard to understand due to his English, and the only substantive points that he was making were largely redundant to what was already being said by the other supporter who was allowed to post. Firestorm felt that if we allow another supporter on top of Paul it should be someone more level-headed.

Multiple supporters including Regidian have contacted me about it, contacted Firestorm, written on both of our walls, pinged me repeatedly on Discord. They've brought it up here in RVR multiple times. But I feel pretty strongly about it, he isn't adding very much to the discussion and the repeated book-length posts being made are both borderline unreadable and just serve to make it even harder for any incoming staff to engage with and assess the current arguments.

I mean Deagonx and Firestorm were not the only staff in this thread and yet they are the only ones who want to stop me to comment even tho they are the one we argue against.

If thing like this happen their nothing that stop staff to just ban thread everyone they disagree with.

The CRT in first being made Staff thread was weird as we don't have any staff that have knowledge except Crimson and now we don't even have the right as knowledge member of the verse to defend our verse against staff that want to downgrade it because they can just ban thread us.

Last edited:
@CrimsonStarFallen mind giving your rational opinion on this matter?

As a thread moderator, you can see deleted messages and judge them if deagnox and Firestorm met a right decision to thread ban him from commenting in a staff thread.

Your vote is extremely appreciated as the user above is feeling unfair that only opposed side has decided this.

I spoke with Crimson about it privately on Tuesday and he said this:

I've talked to Regidian in private and I drilled into his head that he should be okay to talk if he's pacient and doesn't spam the thread. I'd give him another chance, personally.

Regidian was allowed to post again, and that was when he posted three separate times with very long posts before any of them had been responded to. So I threadbanned him again.

Yo, I got another profile with issues. Seems to be a new person who made it, and they obviously don't understand proper profile format, but to me there doesn't seem to be any ill intent here. So they probs only need a mild warning and advising on using the proper format.

Edit:

They made this as well.

Yo, I got another profile with issues. Seems to be a new person who made it, and they obviously don't understand profile format, but to me there doesn't seem to be any ill intent here. So they probs only need a mild warning and advising on using the proper format.

This is supposed be in the Profile Deletion request thread

I spoke with Crimson about it privately on Tuesday and he said this:

Regidian was allowed to post again, and that was when he posted three separate times with very long posts before any of them had been responded to. So I threadbanned him again.
In the three post, one of them was mine, the second one was for someone that wanted to make a comment but got not autorisation and the third was an answer of your last post that was made after "my" two post. It's show you didn't even read the post lol

Yo, once again... wait. Hey, hey, fanta here. okay, now that is over with... A person made an incorrect page. It seems that they don't know about userblogs, so somebody needs to delete the page, give the maker a mild warning, and move the page into a userblog or something or other.

That is all. This is a rule violation, even if it is a mild one at best, so this is here.

Number 1: you can't ping people. You're not staff.

Number 2: necroing isn't the penalty it used to be in ye olden days. Yer gonna have to be more specific than that.

Number 3: related to 2, provide the threads where he's been doing the necroing for review.

Number 4: slightly related to 1, you ain't staff (again). Don't go around giving instructions without at least providing a reason for staff to consider giving instructions in the first place.

Number 2: necroing isn't the penalty it used to be in ye olden days. Yer gonna have to be more specific than that.

Number 3: related to 2, provide the threads where he's been doing the necroing for review.

Number 4: slightly related to 1, you ain't staff (again). Don't go around giving instructions without at least providing a reason for staff to consider giving instructions in the first place.
Here you go Crab.
I'm out.

i updated the post

sorry guys

@IdiosyncraticLawyer I do think you should, perhaps, cool it with the spam thread revival. It isn't any major offense and this isn't a warning, but for some of these the discussion doesn't need to come back. Just think before you post if the thread hasn't been touched in months.

@IdiosyncraticLawyer I do think you should, perhaps, cool it with the spam thread revival. It isn't any major offense and this isn't a warning, but for some of these the discussion doesn't need to come back. Just think before you post if the thread hasn't been touched in months.
I was trying to bring attention to staff projects that never got finished and I believed ought to be. Now, I don't go around bumping regular CRTs unless I'm personally knowledgeable in the verse and can properly contribute because there are so many that it's futile to hope every CRT started will finish, but the staff forum is small enough that properly wrapping up threads that never get finished is at least a manageable task if even one person is around to encourage the project. Strictly speaking, no threads at all need to be finished because VS Battles Wiki is technically just a fun site, not something with any far-reaching implications on our lives, but I genuinely like contributing to major projects here and was trying to at least help this site properly conclude staff discussions, which are a good deal more important that regular threads. If my actions are genuinely problematic in more ways than simply you not liking my thread necromancy, which nobody else has objected to and I would want you to explain, perhaps we could consider a wiki project to go through the staff forum and lock all the threads that discussion determines don't need to be revived, maybe moving their projects to Ant's to-do list, then impose a technical limit on how many staff threads can be open at the same time to permanently negate this issue?
For the record, given how the staff forum's first page is filled mostly with open threads now, my bumping will be restricted to those threads, for now, to prevent old threads from pushing other old threads out of sight, so I'll at least be stopping temporarily.

Last edited:
I was trying to bring attention to staff projects that never got finished and I believed ought to be. Now, I don't go around bumping regular CRTs unless I'm personally knowledgeable in the verse and can properly contribute because there are so many that it's futile to hope every CRT started will finish, but the staff forum is small enough that properly wrapping up threads that never get finished is at least a manageable task if even one person is around to encourage the project. Strictly speaking, no threads at all need to be finished because VS Battles Wiki is technically just a fun site, not something with any far-reaching implications on our lives, but I genuinely like contributing to major projects here and was trying to at least help this site properly conclude staff discussions, which are a good deal more important that regular threads. If my actions are genuinely problematic in more ways than simply you not liking my thread necromancy, which nobody else has objected to and I would want you to explain, perhaps we could consider a wiki project to go through the staff forum and lock all the threads that discussion determines don't need to be revived, maybe moving their projects to Ant's to-do list, then impose a technical limit on how many staff threads can be open at the same time to permanently negate this issue?
For the record, given how the staff forum's first page is filled mostly with open threads now, my bumping will be restricted to those threads, for now, to prevent old threads from pushing other old threads out of sight, so I'll at least be stopping temporarily.
I appreciate that, which is why I heavily disagree with the notion of a warning. But, at the very least, the one about a change to the wiki's color did not, contextually, really need an update three months following the last post.

I don't think this discussion has to come to semantics I would hear from my geriatric 73-year old 4th grade teacher, as I'd like to think you can glean what people mean when they say things. Strictly speaking, of course.

Just bear common sense in mind, we haven't a need to have a drawn out conversation on the subject. Moving on.

Back