• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports (New forum)

I'd like to make a case about WeeklyBattles.
Thread

Weekly came into this thread and agreed with the OP. While that isn't bad, he did so without reading any of the thread, and due to that, agreed with a thoroughly debunked OP, which is based on his own bias, that being "having agreed with it for years".

He then goes on to misinterpret a feat, saying that the character was there beforehand and not after, so that it supposedly voids the feat.
When pointed out how this wasn't the case, and asked if he even read the feat, he reaffirmed he had, and knows exactly what happened. Basically, an admission to misleading or flat-out lying/being disingenuous, as he confirmed he knew what happened after pointing out it was wrong.

While these might not be that bad as mistakes for newcomers, THIS is not the case for Weekly, who, has been around for nearly a decade and knows BETTER, than to just agree to the major CRT's without bothering to read the thread for debunks simply because he wants it to, or to misconstrue feats to support his argument, he knows better yet he did so anyways.

There is also weekly's own past actions. (For what it's worth)
Weekly has been involved/has posted in past threads involving JoJo, such as a JoJo speed downgrade crt (named: "Let's slow down a little JJBA speed downgrade") (in this one thread specifically, weekly only says "Agreed" towards the OP whilst also liking the comment.) with said crt resulting in it failing badly, as one of the JoJo Supporters strongly contested against the downgrade with lots of evidence and arguments, which resulted in JoJo ftl and mftl being much more solid afterwards, something that Weekly, who has agreed with the OP of this thread, surely should have seen, if not, even more, as weekly has been in other jojo threads in the past aside from this one.
What's my point with this? Well simple. If weekly has seen in the past of how JoJo ftl and mftl has been proven to be quite solid and consistent in past threads, and yet despite all of this, says in a very new thread "Been saying this for years now, agreed" (towards the OP of another jojo speed downgrade, name of the thread is "jojo speed downgrade"), then how does this make any sense, despite what's being stacked up against weekly? Honestly seems like biased to me if you take into account of the other screenshoots.

But, that's not the most important thing here. The most important thing IS how weekly blatantly just agreed with a major crt without even bothering to read a single damn thing, like debunks or counter arguments/disagreements in the thread. For somebody that has been around for a decade, you'd think they would know better, but in this case, weekly didn't bother.
Screenshot_20221109_061119.jpg
Screenshot_20221109_061156.jpg
Screenshot_20221109_061407.jpg
Screenshot_20221109_061346.jpg

weekly_4.png
weekly_3.png
weekly_2.png
weekly_1.png
Screenshot_20221109_044611.jpg

The screenshoot with yellow marked square circle, shows him saying "I misremember" which could also be backpedaling.

Screenshot_20221109_051252.jpg

Last edited:
I can attest to most of the scans here, given that I responded to his arguments and that Weekly then eventually conceded.

He's been doing this kind of thing with a lot of other verses too. IDK why, but it's something to note. Many of the other staff users will also tell you more or less the same thing.

I'd like to make a case about WeeklyBattles.
Thread

Weekly came into this thread and agreed with the OP. While that isn't bad, he did so without reading any of the thread, and due to that, agreed with a thoroughly debunked OP, which is based on his own bias, that being "having agreed with it for years".

He then goes on to misinterpret a feat, saying that the character was there beforehand and not after, so that it supposedly voids the feat.
When pointed out how this wasn't the case, and asked if he even read the feat, he reaffirmed he had, and knows exactly what happened. Basically, an admission to misleading or flat-out lying/being disingenuous, as he confirmed he knew what happened after pointing out it was wrong.

While these might not be that bad as mistakes for newcomers, THIS is not the case for Weekly, who, has been around for nearly a decade and knows BETTER, than to just agree to the major CRT's without bothering to read the thread for debunks simply because he wants it to, or to misconstrue feats to support his argument, he knows better yet he did so anyways.

There is also weekly's own past actions. (For what it's worth)
Weekly has been involved/has posted in past threads involving JoJo, such as a JoJo speed downgrade crt (named: "Let's slow down a little JJBA speed downgrade") (in this one thread specifically, weekly only says "Agreed" towards the OP whilst also liking the comment.) with said crt resulting in it failing badly, as one of the JoJo Supporters strongly contested against the downgrade with lots of evidence and arguments, which resulted in JoJo ftl and mftl being much more solid afterwards, something that Weekly, who has agreed with the OP of this thread, surely should have seen, if not, even more, as weekly has been in other jojo threads in the past aside from this one.
What's my point with this? Well simple. If weekly has seen in the past of how JoJo ftl and mftl has been proven to be quite solid and consistent in past threads, and yet despite all of this, says in a very new thread "Been saying this for years now, agreed" (towards the OP of another jojo speed downgrade, name of the thread is "jojo speed downgrade"), then how does this make any sense, despite what's being stacked up against weekly? Honestly seems like biased to me if you take into account of the other screenshoots.

But, that's not the most important thing here. The most important thing IS how weekly blatantly just agreed with a major crt without even bothering to read a single damn thing, like debunks or counter arguments/disagreements in the thread. For somebody that has been around for a decade, you'd think they would know better, but in this case, weekly didn't bother.
Screenshot_20221109_061119.jpg
Screenshot_20221109_061156.jpg
Screenshot_20221109_061407.jpg
Screenshot_20221109_061346.jpg

weekly_4.png
weekly_3.png
weekly_2.png
weekly_1.png
Screenshot_20221109_044611.jpg

The screenshoot with yellow marked square circle, shows him saying "I misremember" which could also be backpedaling.

Screenshot_20221109_051252.jpg
I forgot to add in more screenshoots, my bad. (Check the screenshoots again if you already read them, as I added in a couple more)

I can provide more evidence, most recently, in this Bayonetta thread, where he straight up lied against Glassman about some of the translations for the series and its materials. Which Glass caught on to here.
If he already chewed him out for it is there really a need for further action? I'm not a mod or anything and I can't control any decisions made here but I'm just curious.

If he already chewed him out for it is there really a need for further action? I'm not a mod or anything and I can't control any decisions made here but I'm just curious.
Because this is something he has repeated time and time again in many threads, and he will continue to do so unless action is taken against him. What he is doing is blatantly dishonest.

No offense, but I feel like people are just making a really big deal out of something that isn't as problematic. Also, I may not agree with the outcome of his view points, he is actually bringing up some valid points even if some come off as half truths; such as the reactions vs perception which is something worth making distinctions for though I don't think many verses are going to be downgraded. Weekly does tend to be inconsistent when he hears things left and right sure, but that doesn't really excuse people targeting him. Then again, a lot of us here are and even I tend to get confused or mixed up with what is or isn't going on via excessive multitasking. Antvasima also admits to having similar habits.

As for the Bayonetta thread, plenty of people are working together to gather a multitude of sources and trying to have valuable translations. Weekly simply overlooked some scans, he didn't lie. And some people also questioned whether or not Glass actually knew Japanese or not. Aly was also the one who reopened the thread because there were complaints about it being closed prematurely, though Comicgyal requested it to be closed so she had more time to organize better scans and arguments to justify the ratings. I am in the Discord server that is working to upgrade Bayonetta via looking at the scans + new information from Bayonetta 3. And even Weekly conceded to wait for a different thread to be made.

Still, I don't see anything RVR other than Weekly just trying to be a normal user. And he even conceded on the Jojo thread after some misunderstandings were cleared up, short term memories or controversial opinions are just things human nature. And he didn't like try to force it down people's throats unlike how some other users did in the past.

That doesn't really address what he did in regards to what I brought up: Literally agrees without having read the thread. Isn't that shit heavily frowned on for people that has been around for a long time? Not counting newcomers since, well, newcomers are "newcomers". You get what i mean anyways.

The bigger problem here is that Weekly just barged in into a thread and just said "I agree" without even having read anything to begin with. Weekly, you yourself only conceded after I pointed them out. If I didn't, I have no idea what would happen to the thread afterwards.

This is genuinely dangerous that can lead to shit getting accepted despite it being faulty, this literally works against the wiki's main purpose to index characters properly.

EDIT: Guns ninja'd me.

The bigger problem here is that Weekly just barged in into a thread and just said "I agree" without even having read anything to begin with, you only conceded after I pointed them out. If I didn't, I have no idea what would happen to the thread afterwards.

This is genuinely dangerous that can lead to shit getting accepted despite it being faulty, this literally works against the wiki's main purpose to index characters properly.

EDIT: Guns ninja'd me.
Basically what I said, but more, yeah. (so i was right. it is heavily frowned on)
guns ninja'd me

fodder 🗿

The bigger problem here is that Weekly just barged in into a thread and just said "I agree" without even having read anything to begin with, you only conceded after I pointed them out. If I didn't, I have no idea what would happen to the thread afterwards.

This is genuinely dangerous that can lead to shit getting accepted despite it being faulty, this literally works against the wiki's main purpose to index characters.
Aight, for one, the thread was over anyways and everyone was memeing about it by the time i got there, there is no way that anything i could have possibly said would have changed anything, and for two, if that is what youre concerned about, why not address it as a wiki-wide problem instead of treating me like im the only person to ever do this (Albeit mine was effectively devils advocate, not actually trying to change any arguments)? Because you know as well as i do that it is in fact a major problem that does happen in threads that have actual influence on verses.

Because this is something he has repeated time and time again in many threads, and he will continue to do so unless action is taken against him. What he is doing is blatantly dishonest.
I dont though, sure i misremember things from time to time but i always concede when proven wrong, i dont lie about them

Aight, for one, the thread was over anyways and everyone was memeing about it by the time i got there, there is no way that anything i could have possibly said would have changed anything, and for two, if that is what youre concerned about, why not address it as a wiki-wide problem instead of treating me like im the only person to ever do this (Albeit mine was effectively devils advocate, not actually trying to change any arguments)? Because you know as well as i do that it is in fact a major problem that does happen in threads that have actual influence on verses.
Because you are kind of the most prolific person around here that I have seen that has the most sway with comments like this. Sure, everyone else does this to a degree but seeing as you were former staff and you pushed for stuff like this more than anyone else, people would automatically go after you first.

Speaking of which, we do need to address this problem overall.

Because you are kind of the most prolific person around here that I have seen that has the most sway with comments like this. Sure, everyone else does this to a degree but seeing as you were former staff and you pushed for stuff like this more than anyone else, people would automatically go after you first.
KLOL, my guy, you know this is me we're talking about right? There are still a lot of people here who have a grudge against me when it comes to revisions and arguments, even when ive gotten a hell of a lot better at providing evidence to back up my claims. I appreciate your faith in my debating skills but my 'sway' it not nearly as significant as you think lol
Speaking of which, we do need to address this problem overall.
Agreed

KLOL, my guy, you know this is me we're talking about right? There are still a lot of people here who have a grudge against me and disagree with things i say on principle, even when ive gotten a hell of a lot better at providing evidence to back up my claims. I appreciate your faith in my debating skills but my 'sway' it not nearly as significant as you think lol
I've seen your portfolio Weekly, let's not pretend that I am completely in the dark about what your intentions are. I know why your sway is not as significant as most people assume to be.

Multiple people have stated you were ignoring everyone's concerns regarding those translations being inaccurate in the Bayo thread.
Pretty much everyone there was confused by Glass regarding that, because we made that thread with that scan as evidence and had a person in that crt who actually knows japanese translate it and confirm that it had the word 'infinite' in it, as well as the English translation also having infinite in the scan, so when Glass just posted the same scan, gave a different translation without anyone confirming it, and then declared the CRT over it caught all of us off guard

Not that it matters much anymore anyways with the massive amount of feats and lore from Bayo 3 but still was kind of a weird situation

Pretty much everyone there was confused by Glass regarding that, because we made that thread with that scan as evidence and had a person in that crt who actually knows japanese translate it and confirm that it had the word 'infinite' in it, as well as the English translation also having infinite in the scan, so when Glass just posted the same scan, gave a different translation, and then declared the CRT over it caught all of us off guard
Not just Glass, Milly too.

I'll ask them about it.

EDIT: It was done by our former member @TISSG7Redgrave and another user whose name we don't know.
I see, fair enough then i suppose, though it would have been nice for one of them to have at least posted something to confirm that it had been checked rather than just saying they did and having people take their word for it, that kinda rubbed a lot of people who were arguing for the upgrade the wrong way

Also i feel like we're getting very off topic for a RVT discussion

Agreed, instead of talking back and further, it be better if higher up staff analyze it. I already gave my input, and scans that aren't English can just have our multilingual members take a look instead of demanding which ones are most objectively accurate.

I said my peace and so did Tllm, other staff might look at it and share their own thoughts.

...What the hell is even happening here? I literally see nothing worth reporting over in terms of Weekly's behavior.

@KLOL506 It would be greatly appreciated if you stop pressing this. I understand that Weekly has understandably accrued a bit of a bad reputation, but this is no excuse for a witch hunt for basically nothing. I agree with DDM and Tllm. This is ridiculous, and I say we just drop it.

I personally agree with Medeus and Starter Pack. We cannot ban Weekly for having too limited available time or being too tired to read an entire thread that might have been filled with hundreds of disorganised posts.

It is better to ask for summary posts for the discussion so far in such cases though, which are often necessary for staff members that come in late in order to try to help out with evaluating some topic.

We cannot ban Weekly for having too limited available time or being too tired to read an entire thread that might have been filled with hundreds of disorganised posts.

It is better to ask for summary posts for the discussion so far in such cases though, which are often necessary for staff members that come in late in order to try to help out with evaluating some topic.
Eeeeeh to be completely fair, in the case of the jojo thread in question it was less of those things and more that the thread was basically over anyways and everyone was joking around while waiting for the thread to be closed, the initial post i made was meant to be in jest but it turned into a short debate that i conceded on as i had forgotten certain details regarding the feat that was being debated, people got a few more laughs out of the thread and then it got closed. Didnt expect a full blown report over it though

Back