• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports (New forum)

We should preferably wait for more staff input. I at least almost always try to restrain myself from making unilateral authoritarian decisions, except when I am very mentally overexerted and stressed out.

I can guarantee you most staff would agree with a ban

Honestly with his history it should be longer. It's getting annoying
How about for 3 months then? He seems to relentlessly unreasonably argue about and stonewall almost any thread that he touches, and also genuinely needs a long break to focus on recovering from his severe physical and mental trauma.

It is annoying, but he's purportedly leaving after the revisions anyway.
He's been saying that for months. The "nonexistent" revisions he's waiting for is just his way of making his "it's my world you're just living in it" threats
How about for 3 months then? He seems to relentlessly unreasonably argue about and stonewall almost any thread that he touches, and also genuinely needs a long break to focus on recovering from his severe physical and mental trauma.
Yes

Thank you for the replies.

So are 3 months a reasonable ban time to apply for him?

I honestly don't like drama and don't get involved in it but I'll give my opinion. I agree with ByAsura, mainly the way Speedster keeps apologizing for everything he does but in the end he doesn't come to his senses, it's just a loop, also the drama of "after I finish this or that I'll leave the wiki" or similar, if he had an accident and every now and then he brings it up every time someone points out something against him, it seems more like he uses it as a shield, but that's enough.

Well, I don't think that he means any harm, just that he is genuinely unable to control his behaviour and continues compulsively, but it still needs to be dealt with.

Yes, but I don't think that we should be overly harsh in this regard. He is legitimately compulsively obsessive, and not in his right mind.

Yes, but I consider it the responsibility of any humane society to try to take care of its most vulnerable members, so again, don't be too harsh on him please.

I feel sorry for speedster352, given that he literally suffers from brain damage, but I have repeatedly tried to reason with him in the past, and he remains unable to control his behaviour here, which is both destructive for himself and for the members that he interacts with, so I suppose that we have a similar situation to the one with HammerStrikes219 some years ago, when I had to eventually ban him for constantly derailing discussions with lots of nonsense due to his severe mental illness, despite that he did not mean any harm, and first let him return after he had greatly recovered a few years afterwards.
In all fairness, that also end up resulting to being a perm ban (That I did happen to request in our Fanfiction DMs before the situation) in regards to my case.

Anyway, since the topic regarding Speedster’s case is resolved, I will stop commenting.

Agreed, a middle ground approach seems appropriate. It isn't his fault, but at the same time; it's the best practice if it gets too out of control for us to be handling on a regular basis. So what Damage is proposing just seems like the best action. We can't just do nothing, though a permanent ban is obviously far too harsh. Adding a few months to the already accepted ban is reasonable. If he does it further, even longer.

Back