• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports (New forum)

Hello.

This is a community notice that yesterday our forum system manager had to rebuild the code of our notification bell plugin to fix a problem with a recent update to it, which caused the notification alerts for our members to be automatically marked as read.

Please use the following page to keep track of unread messages in the meantime:

The discussion titles in bold text contain unread messages.

I greatly apologise for the inconvenience. 🙏

Last edited:
Hello.

This is just a community notice that our forum system manager seems to have accidentally marked all of our notification bell alerts as read when he tried to make it work properly after our recent update to the add-on.

Please use the following page to keep track of unread messages in the meantime:

The discussion titles in bold text contain unread messages.

I greatly apologise for the inconvenience. 🙏
Should I create a separate news and announcements thread with a connected pop-up notification message regarding this issue, so most of our members notice it?

Also, our forum system manager has fixed the "Report" links in all of our discussion thread posts so they lead to this thread again.🙏🙂
One question, wouldn't it be more effective when reporting a message using the report button to directly mention/quote the reported message? or it also redirects you directly to the last posted message, because it sends you to the first message on the first page.

Reporting @Kirinator07 for upgrading Jack Gooday's range to Universal/Interdimensional using as a justification a CRT from years ago which was made for another character, who only has Planetary range btw, and in said thread any upgrade to Universal/Interdimensional range was mentioned or applied, this happened because of this vs thread
Isn't this like the billionth time he did this?

I would like to just post this from this page and nothing else to make it easily accessible to staff. https://vsbattles.com/threads/warning-tracker.155503/

Yeah...
He already had an indefinite editing ban.
He also had this. I believe this warrants an outright ban now.

So for how long should we ban him? For one year? He does not actually seem to be malicious.

So for how long should we ban him? For one year? He does not actually seem to be malicious.
I don't about one year, a one month ban was applied the last time. Given @Agnaa and @Mr._Bambu were the ones that evaluated his case last time (with Agnaa applying the ban), I would like their evaluation here.

To me, at least 6 months ban would be appropriate.

Is it cool to say things like the last paragraph of this post?
If not, I'm reporting @Random-Helper323
If no-one else sees anything wrong, sorry for disturbing, but this isn't cool.
It's an odd comment. And as Phoenks notes, potentially factually incorrect. That being said, it doesn't look like they were trying to say anything distasteful - a claim about the proportion of people who are LGBT is not in itself a negative comment about LGBT people, if that's what the concern here is. I don't think any action is needed.

Have no idea what the context is but the part of the comment you're upset about may actually be statistically correct (Figure 3). "Women are substantially more likely than men to identify as bisexual."

On top of that, I don't really think this is offensive or anything either way.
Read again:
"In real life, most gay/bi men are gay, not bi. By contrast most gay/bi women are actually bi."
Is not how many people of x gender are bi
Is saying most bi men are actually gay and most "gay woman" are actually bi.
The text you provided doesn't add to that at all, the closest being:
"[...]
  • Among adults who identify as LGB, bisexuals comprise a slight majority (1.8% compared to 1.7% who identify as lesbian or gay).
  • Women are substantially more likely than men to identify as bisexual. Bisexuals comprise more than half of the lesbian and bisexual population among women in eight of the nine surveys considered in the brief. Conversely, gay men comprise substantially more than half of gay and bisexual men in seven of the nine surveys.
[...]"
Which is clearly unrelated to the topic.

So it's incorrect. If no-one sees any need of action, then sorry for disturbing.

Read again:
"In real life, most gay/bi men are gay, not bi. By contrast most gay/bi women are actually bi."
Is not how many people of x gender are bi
Is saying most bi men are actually gay and most "gay woman" are actually bi.
The text you provided doesn't add to that at all, the closest being:
"[...]
  • Among adults who identify as LGB, bisexuals comprise a slight majority (1.8% compared to 1.7% who identify as lesbian or gay).
  • Women are substantially more likely than men to identify as bisexual. Bisexuals comprise more than half of the lesbian and bisexual population among women in eight of the nine surveys considered in the brief. Conversely, gay men comprise substantially more than half of gay and bisexual men in seven of the nine surveys.
[...]"
Which is clearly unrelated to the topic.

So it's incorrect. If no-one sees any need of action, then sorry for disturbing.
You missed Figure 3, which is the context of the quote I provided. I'll put it here for you.

dERcNic.png

This chart clearly shows that most bi/gay men are gay compared to it being more split with women. Which aligns with the comment that you're bringing up in this thread.

I'm not here to debate about statistics, but I would rather not be misrepresented.

Back