• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Quick Clef CRT

Power Nullification through Space-Time Manipulation (Clef is a stronger Reality Sink than SCP-5004-B, who in itself is a powerful reality sink. Reality Sinks passively negate the anomalous effects of supernatural entities or artifacts near it by altering the way those entities or artifacts interact with the fabric of spacetime.)
This should be power null through power mod, similar to Little Treasure, as it changes how affected abilities function in order to negate them.

Now that I think about this more, the initial quote implies that all anomalies can affect space-time with their effects.

Which is a pretty big deal since that would make all SCP hax 4D.

Agree with Clef revision, don't agree with all SCP haxes being 4D at least

@WHYNAUT

I'd imagine that the person who wrote 5004 would know that, and wouldn't bring it up as though it was synonymous with existing in general, since that would be redundant on several levels.

also bump

Why? It's an explanation for how it nullifies supernatural occurrences, not for how those occurrences interact with existence. It's obvious that they would affect space-time, but not that 5004 nulls the way they interact with space-time.

Given how basically every supernatural power in SCP falls under reality bending, which in and of itself is measured in Humes, which is the measure of warped space-time, yes, most SCP hax would be varying levels of 4-D

WeeklyBattles said:
Given how basically every supernatural power in SCP falls under reality bending, which in and of itself is measured in Humes, which is the measure of warped space-time, yes, most SCP hax would be varying levels of 4-D
But mountains have a naturally higher Hume level then other areas which makes reality bending there more diffcult, does that mean high mountains in SCP verse are closer to 4D then regular places? heck iirc there was one tale where SCP-239 got sent to another universe with an avarage of Hume values high enough where she can't reality bend(I think it was Unfinished Business), does that mean Clef can BFR to places that are 4Desc?

Also can we really call all supernatural powers in SCP some type of reality bending?

I doubt canons like Third Law it would fly, same for any more scientifically minded canon

Also if everything was a type of reality warping shouldn't they also be less effective in high mountains?

In SCP reality warpers are regularly explained through scientific means, though i was reminded that magic does exist in SCP canonically as well

Where there any instances that even implied that everything is reality warping anyways ?

But even if there were that doesn't change the fact that because Hume levels being higher in mountain ranges makes reality warping harder there it can lead to all sorts of weird situitions

Heck I can see if we go that route people will legit try arguing that once BFR some reality warper his power gets negged because the Hume level in the area he got BFR to is higher or something

WHYNAUT said:
Why? It's an explanation for how it nullifies supernatural occurrences, not for how those occurrences interact with existence. It's obvious that they would affect space-time, but not that 5004 nulls the way they interact with space-time.
No? The text literally states that Reality Sinks alter how anomalies affect the fabric of space-time in such a way as to nullify them, not that it alters space-time to mess with anomlies.

@WHY

Then what is your point? Because I seriously don't understand what you're saying.

@Nedge

No one ever said that it would've needed 4D power to block, and I've repeatedly stated that it would only be hax

You asked why space-time would be relevant if it was used in the context of everything affecting space-time.

My answer to that is that it's relevant because it's part of the explanation for how reality sinks null SCP abilities. Besides how would some of the SCP hax even affect space-time in any other way than the same way everything else does? Like how would SCP-2006's shapeshifting affect space-time in a way that would give him 4-D shapeshifting?

Back