• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports (New forum)

Not really involved in the debate or anything, but want to point out that not having english as their first language isn't a excuse to bad behaviour, and I can say this confidently as someone who motherlanguage isn't english.
I was talking about why it could be a reason for misunderstandings, people can interpret things someone says very differently to what they meant/tried to say

Well, maybe I was too harsh and we should start with a thread ban. I am distracted and not well-informed about the subject.
I'll write it in my own language, it's up to you to translate it or not. ne bok yapıyorsan yap kardeşim siktiğimin wikisinde pokemon bilmeyen insanlar pokemon katmanlamasını berirliyor bu saçmalık boktan wikiniz bu saatden sonra umrumda bile değil

I'll write it in my own language, it's up to you to translate it or not. ne bok yapıyorsan yap kardeşim siktiğimin wikisinde pokemon bilmeyen insanlar pokemon katmanlamasını berirliyor bu saçmalık boktan wikiniz bu saatden sonra umrumda bile değil
Google Translate is shit but for those interested:
whatever the f#ck you do bro on the f#cking wiki people who don't know pokemon say pokemon layering this is bullsh!t your wiki i don't even care after this hour

I already applied a 3 week thread ban, but I think others have already warned him plenty of times. Wasn't sure what else was needed.
Google Translate is shit but for those interested:
I extended the ban from a three week thread-ban to a month long site-ban, given the general theme of not accepting warnings and being a rather toxic influence. Ban duration is up for discussion, of course.

I would like to report this user. He simply changed stats of a character without any previous CRT, I gave him a warning, but he had already been blocked 2 times by Ant for the same reason, but now that I see his contributions just look at what he said to Ant. Well, time to decide what to do with him.
Well, he did not perform any vandalism this time, and he did remove his hostile comment to me, which wasn't particularly bad to start with.

However, a bigger problem is that he doesn't learn from instructions or even previous blocks.

Well, he did not perform any vandalism this time
It is not as if he previously vandalized, he simply changed the statistics (in a non-vandalistic way) without any CRT. And you have already warned him previously and even blocked him and he did it again.
which wasn't particularly bad to start with.
Telling someone "Fck u, you're incompetent" is not bad? Okay.
However, a bigger problem is that he doesn't learn from instructions or even previous blocks.
Well, we'll just have to see what he will do next. I have already given him his warning, it is up to him to take it or ignore it as he has already done with yours.

Well, he didn't seem to listen to you either, so I suppose that we will likely have to ban him again. Would 3 months like the last time be enough given that he didn't do anything particularly severe this time?

Currently he has only answered me that but has not changed anything after my warning, so not to be too harsh, I would prefer to wait to see if he ignores the warnings again and if he does then apply the ban. Is that ok with you?

I wasn't online when Darth's thing happened. But looking at the ensuing controversy surrounding it, I think I should make this post. Please note that this is not meant to bring the discussion back from the dead and I apologize for commenting when the matter has already been dealt with. I simply feel like giving my two cents for dealing with similar cases in the future.

Awareness about gender issues are relatively very new in comparison to religion, politics, racism, etc. and the world is going through a change, at different paces in different regions. Not every region will adopt the change at the same pace, so these cases are bound to happen. I agree that the original post was transphobic and it was against the rules, and I agree that he should be punished for the same as his defense was not very good. I also agree that it might have been a result of cultural differences. There are large parts of people in many countries who don't know much about these issues and what's appropriate to say and what's offensive.

I think education should be prioritized too. We should educate people and give them a fair chance to come around. Obviously a ban is warranted for breaking the rules. But if it's the first offense which is not very severe or there is uncertainty about cultural differences, our immediate reaction should not be to permanently remove them from the community. Instead, they should be told what they did wrong, and the ban length should be long enough to serve as a punishment but also short enough to give them an opportunity to learn and return as a changed user. I don't know if Darth will still be around after 1 year as it is a long time, but if the ban had been shorter, say 3-6 months, maybe he would have gained some insight and come around as a reasonable user who followed our rules. We could have resorted to stricter measures later if he still didn't change.

Last edited:
Yes, we cannot assume that the entire world suddenly instantly switches to embracing identical cultural standards, and I still do not think that making an offensive and intolerant joke in itself qualifies as actual hate-speech (of the "I hate everybody in a certain group and want them dead and/or burning in hell" variety) or warrants nearly as draconian punishments as we quickly handed out here.

I don't want us to create a climate of fear and heavy-handed onesided political oppression. That is very shortsighted, as it will only create massive grudges, division, and eventually violent backlash between different groupings in society in the long run. It is much better to try to let people politely talk out their differences so they learn to get along and become genuinely tolerant of each other, as well as finding out that the other ideological sides aren't filled with inhuman dehumanised monsters.

It takes time to harmonise different parts of the world in this manner, but it is the only workable option that we have available, and this community needs to keep its friendly and collaborative cohesion for everybody here from all over the world in the long run.

In democracies, people should have the right to express themselves even in offensive and somewhat bigoted manners without us quickly resorting to the strictest punishments that we have available. Enduring that many humans are initially offensive and callous jerks is one of the prices of freedom and liberty, and it by enormously far beats the alternative of increasingly Orwellian and totalitarian police and mass-survellance states.

Last edited:
Reporting @Yss for this.
kXPJT4b.png

I'm pretty sure this warrants a ban, even if it was deleted quite quickly by LordTracer in the LGBT staff thread.

Back