• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports (New forum)

The OP of this post will probably need a ban as well.

man, LGBT threads really bring out all the pathetic bitchless losers with like 2 posts, huh?
It's like the recent threads kicked the hornet's nest and all the homophobes came out of the woodwork.

I wouldn't be surprised if some of these accounts are socks for active users that weren't willing to bear the heat.

Reporting @Yss for this.
kXPJT4b.png

I'm pretty sure this warrants a ban, even if it was deleted quite quickly by LordTracer in the LGBT staff thread.
I permanently banned them on my own previously.

Wait a minute. Do you want us to ban somebody for saying "Are you dumb on purpose" while insulting them far worse in the same post?
Given the context of the thread it's pretty obvious that it was in reference to how they took issue with people discussing LGBT characters and media (since that's literally all the thread was about). Someone who's only recorded post in a forum is them hating on LGBT people is pretty obviously a troll or bigot with nothing to contribute, which should be grounds for a permaban.

Also, I didn't insult them. I literally just made a self-deprecating joke as a sarcastic response. I'm... kind of confused as to how that could be seen as me insulting someone else.

Someone who's only recorded post in a forum is them hating on LGBT people

They have four other posts which aren't like that.

Also, I didn't insult them.

It sounded like you were calling this person with a few posts a "pathetic bitchless loser".

It's like the recent threads kicked the hornet's nest and all the homophobes came out of the woodwork
Kicking the hornet's nest seems like a good allegory, yes. We are supposed to try to have this forum stay uncontroversial and non-political. It seems best if we close that thread in order to avoid lots of continuous drama, so this community remains as undivided, friendly, and harmonic as possible.

Site Rules:

"Derogatory comments on religious or political matters (both highly sensitive issues) will not be tolerated, as it almost always leads to massive hate-commenting and negativity. Doing so will result in a deletion of the post, and possibly a ban, depending on the severity."

We might need to make an addition to the above rule regarding that creating potentially politically controversial discussion threads should preferably be avoided as well though.
I wouldn't be surprised if some of these accounts are socks for active users that weren't willing to bear the heat.
Well, I haven't noticed any matches in my duplicate IP address checks, but maybe @DarkDragonMedeus would be willing to keep track of our automatic warning page in that regard.

Last edited:
Someone who's only recorded post in a forum is them hating on LGBT people

They have four other posts which aren't like that.
Those posts have since been deleted (I can't see them, at least), which is why I specified recorded posts.

Also, I didn't insult them.

It sounded like you were calling this person with a few posts a "pathetic bitchless loser".
Oh, I thought that was in reference to the original thread. I'll stand by my assessment of that being true of anyone openly spiteful of LGBT people, though. Not just the OP of that specific post.

Given the context of the thread it's pretty obvious that it was in reference to how they took issue with people discussing LGBT characters and media (since that's literally all the thread was about). Someone who's only recorded post in a forum is them hating on LGBT people is pretty obviously a troll or bigot with nothing to contribute, which should be grounds for a permaban.

Also, I didn't insult them. I literally just made a self-deprecating joke as a sarcastic response. I'm... kind of confused as to how that could be seen as me insulting someone else.
Are you seriously saying that anybody saying "Are you dumb on purpose" to an LGBTQ person should be permanently banned, whereas LGBTQ people should be free to say much worse things to them without consequence? Our community rules prohibit extremely bad behaviour towards anybody.

Or did the person in question do something much worse elsewhere?

I checked their posting history, and it does seem like an unproductive nonsense account, but not one that posts otherwise hostile or bigoted messages.

Are you seriously saying that anybody saying "Are you dumb on purpose" to an LGBTQ person should be permanently banned, whereas LGBTQ people should be free to say much worse things to them without consequence? Our community rules prohibit extremely bad behaviour towards anybody.
If someone openly hates LGBT people, I owe them no respect. My personal experiences with being LGBT have left me with exactly 0 patience for this kind of intolerance, and if someone takes issue with that, well, that's their problem. So until I stop encountering people who somehow can't accept people different from themselves, I'll gladly show them the same kind of spite they force on others.

But saying that some unspecific person is dumb isn't even a hate-comment, whereas you completely overreacted by condemning their entire existence as being a "loser" and used the b-word, which Fandom technically considers as a bannable offense.

Last edited:
But saying that some unspecific person is dumb isn't even a hate-comment, whereas you completely overreacted by comdemning their entire existence as being a "loser" and used the b-word, which Fandom technically considers as a bannable offense.
The reasoning behind it was because the discussion was about LGBT characters and representation. That was what that post was in response to, so it was obviously against LGBT characters. Unless this person chose a completely random thread and decided to call someone an idiot for no reason, which I find a little unlikely.

Also my own statement was in regards to the number of people today who just started talking about anti-LGBT shit, like the person banned earlier for a death threat. Not just that one specific person.

I think that you are inserting your own interpretations into that comment. Going by the poster's history, they do not seem to have a good grasp of how to make themself understood properly, and likely did not comment regarding LGBT people in general, but rather to some unspecified participant in the thread, and that does not excuse you from breaking our rules more severely in return.

Anyway, I still think that such a thread unfortunately likely invites far too much controversy. This is supposed to be a mostly internationally neutral forum (myself making a public announcement about the invasion of Ukraine, in order to help maintain harmony in this forum notwithstanding), and I do not want our RVR thread to constantly have to deal with conflict and drama related to it, given that it has only been up one single day, and we already receive reports about it.

I don't fully understand your wording, so to go over it from the start, it seems to be about the risk of people acting up in the thread. The same has been done for Goku vs Superman threads, and for attempts to tier religions in threads (even fun and games ones).

Assumung this is about the discussion thread... is your response to people having a perceived issue with a thread where members can openly discuss LGBT media seriously just closing the thread? If so, that's... mildly concerning, to say the least. I certainly hope that isn't the case.
I obviously don't mind the thread at all myself, especially if it is strictly focused on entertainment rather than politics. I am just saying that this is supposed to be a very uncontroversial forum, so I am concerned about that we will constantly have to deal with drama generated within the thread in question, both due to intolerant comments posted there and potential rather vicious overreactions like your own above.

Then again, if we post a warning text message in the first post of the thread regarding that people who have a problem with the subject matter should simply stay out of the thread and focus on something else instead, or risk being banned if they break our rules, that might solve the problem.

Then again, if we post a warning text message in the first post of the thread regarding that people who have a problem with the subject matter should simply stay out of the thread and focus on something else instead, or risk being banned if they break our rules, that might solve the problem.
This is fine, I'll ask the OP about it.

I don't fully understand your wording, so to go over it from the start, it seems to be about the risk of people acting up in the thread. The same has been done for Goku vs Superman threads, and for attempts to tier religions in threads (even fun and games ones).
Yes, that is my concern. I know from experience how hard it is to try to maintain relative harmony in a very international community with very different and conflicting viewpoints, and want to avoid drama and divisive conflict whenever possible.

How about the following warning text:

"This thread should strictly focus on discussing entertainment, not controversial political issues, which is against our rules. Also, members who have a problem with the subject matter here should simply avoid reading or posting in this thread and focus on something else instead, or risk being banned if they engage in hate-speech or blatant bigotry."

How about the following warning text:

"This thread should strictly focus on discussing entertainment, not controversial political issues, which is against our rules. Also, members who have a problem with the subject matter here should simply avoid reading or posting in this thread and focus on something else instead, or risk being banned if they engage in hate-speech or blatant bigotry."
Yeah, sure. I'm not sure what qualifies for political issues though, since a lot of people seem to be under the impression that LGBT people just existing is a political issue.

Temp-banned them just to stop the spam, and deleting their posts now. If they deserve a perma-ban let me know and I'll change it to that.

Brigading, new user instantly going to the thread to hate... just perma them.
That's not really true, they've had the account for months and have posted a few times on other topics (Naruto, Anos, White Queen).

That's not really true, they've had the account for months and have posted a few times on other topics (Naruto, Anos, White Queen).
Had they? They had single-digit posts. My point remains though, if one of the first contributions is that, just ban 'em.

I've decided to give them the benefit of the doubt and leave them a message on their profile.
Thank you for helping out. I also contributed with some additional information.

Back