• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports (New forum)

I'm just gonna say 6 months. The fact that they later claimmed they don't care has me thinking they need something that'll stick or sting.
Perma if they do something else.

Are our standards for one-time slur offenses really this harsh? I thought a warning would be enough since he has not had any prior offenses.

If there's disagreement with the staff themselves we will probably have to work it out somewhere else. The report thread is not the place for deciding the standards

In a similar situation that occurred fairly recent I was told the exact opposite, and that we have a precedent for considering slurs ban worthy regardless of severity.

Not that I agree with Fandom's strictness but if we have a precendent it's only fair to stick to it.
Apologies for interrupting, but I think this post was advocating for just a ban without specified timings, rather than a permanent ban so the precedent doesn’t suggest permanent ban w/out context, just a ban w/out context, with context deciding on the specifics of timings

at least that’s what I gathered from the message at the time

Apologies for interrupting, but I think this post was advocating for just a ban without specified timings, rather than a permanent ban so the precedent doesn’t suggest permanent ban w/out context, just a ban w/out context, with context deciding on the specifics of timings

at least that’s what I gathered from the message at the time
Yeah, I already agreed that permanent is too much. Now we're discussing if it's ban worthy or just a warning.

How's this even ban worthy? This term is used to refer to a group of people or fans of any franchise, not an actual slur per se.

And he is not even insulting anyone. He should get warning to not use it as it can be interpreted as an insult against some people.

Last edited:
How's this even ban worthy? This term is used to refer to a group of people or fans of any franchise, not an actual slur per se.

And he is not even insulting anyone. He should get warning to not use it as it can be interpreted as an insult against some people.
He did get a warning, and proceeded to reply to said warning with this. That would warrant more, wouldn’t it?

Sorry for butting in, but that suffix/slang literally originates from tripcodes/oldschool imageboards where people constantly call eachothers slurs all the time. I fail to see how this isn't derogatory or homophobic.

He did get a warning, and proceeded to reply to said warning with this. That would warrant more, wouldn’t it?
I think he was joking, and should be allowed to defend himself or apologize is he was indeed trolling (which would be hypocritical with his previous comment).

Last edited:
Blocked.

Another staff can change the length of their ban if they decide to.
Thank you. However, he seemed to be a clueless newbie who did not mean any harm, going by the nature of his edits, so I think that a 3 months block should probably be enough.

Last edited:
Just a notification that this user used a slur

I will post the screenshot when I have access to Imgur

I have given him a warning, but notifying it here for future reference

I’ll just add that they said this after being warned.
Since he did not seem to use the f-word as a slur towards a specific person or sexual identity, but rather as generalised rude slang, I suppose that we should take the context into account, but he also seemed rather rude and unreasonable in general in the OPM discussion thread, and opposed Andytrenom's official staff reprimand, so I suppose that a month long warning block is probably a good idea at least.

Okay. I will update the ban time then.

Since he did not seem to use the f-word as a slur towards a specific person or sexual identity, but rather as generalised rude slang, I suppose that we should take the context into account, but he also seemed rather rude and unreasonable in general in the OPM discussion thread, and opposed Andytrenom's official staff reprimand, so I suppose that a month long warning block is probably a good idea at least.
Alright

Thank you. Ialso gave him some instructions.

Is there a way to block someone on here? I ask for people in the DBS thread to put spoiler tags for the newest movie that came out in Japan and @God900 decided to reply to me and spoil things so I’m assuming he decided to be a major jackass

That's not really block worthy offense, but it's a dick move to spoil a big movie/game/series before it's released to the public. I would remove some posts if one can send me links to post(s) in question.

Back