• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports (New forum)

I'm not sure what to vote but smoke said himself that he hate what this wiki has become...

Doesn't matter. He's free not to participate in it again when his ban runs out. In fact, he's free to leave forever, banned or not.

A lenient punishment is sympathy. Root out the source rather than allow yet another repeat.
And again, a permaban right off the bat isn't how things are done here. This isn't your discord server Mori.

Again, permaban is only reserved for special cases like the ones I mentioned earlier. For anything else, we give warnings -> temp bans to make them understand what they did wrong -> permaban only is it is a lost cause.

You are simply trying to get rid of this user without giving them a chance to change. I am banning him for 3 months. Period.

I'd take 6 months over a year, and 3 months over 6 months. Way too excessive when his only crime is being stubbornly annoying. Not a precedent I have any interest in setting.
I strongly agree with this. Let's stop acting like tyrants please. He is annoying and persisten, yes, but I can say the same of other members, and he promised to never mention Coolcat again.

1 month seems sufficiently harsh.

I don't get why people are so trigger happy with permabans. As I keep saying, permabans are only for reserved for really malicious users, vandalizers, trolls and those who have been repeatedly banned but don't change their behavior to productively aid the site.

This user hasn't been banned even once yet and people are already gunning for permaban saying "he won't change". That's a stupid assumption and that is not how things are done. If he has been given multiple warnings and is still being annoyingly persistent about Cool Cat, we won't permanently ban him just for that. That is way too much. Even 6 months is way too much for that.

Ban him for a month or two at max to make him understand what he did wrong. If he does it again after coming back, we will ban him for longer.
Strongly agreed.

Seriously it almost feels like people automatically default to "permaban" for every user they don't like. It is getting really annoying at this point.
Also strongly agreed. This seriously has to stop.

I strongly agree with this. Let's stop acting like tyrants please. He is annoying and persisten, yes, but I can say the same of other members, and he promised to never mention Coolcat again.

1 month seems sufficiently harsh.
Who acting like a tyrants here?

And again, a permaban right off the bat isn't how things are done here. This isn't your discord server Mori.

Again, permaban is only reserved for special cases like the ones I mentioned earlier. For anything else, we give warnings -> temp bans to make them understand what they did wrong -> permaban only is it is a lost cause.

You are simply trying to get rid of this user without giving them a chance to change. I am banning him for 3 months. Period.
How many times must I repeat the matter "We did give him a chance to change, he squandered it" before people read it..?

Regardless, a compromise was given and widely accepted (3 Months, Cool Cat profile ban), and I feel as if that's fine and reasonable.

I dislike the sympathy and lenience given to repeat problem users, but the above satiates my worries well.

The recurrent angry mob mentality to permanently get rid of mostly harmless people that some other members find annoying is tyrannical. It is not the kind of friendly and welcoming community that I and others have made an effort to try to build. This seriously has to stop.

I jus forgot Potato existed there for a moment ngl
Plus I didn't think there'd be that much fuss over him

I also think that 3 months is too harsh, and that 1 month is enough, but seem to be outvoted by the other bureaucrats.

I am kinda worried that no one noticed how I corrected myself earlier. He wasn't banned multiple times, he was given a profile making ban. Yet, the conversation continued on.

I'd prefer 3 months. Some of the stuff mentioned seems too much for a simple 1 month ban.

How many times must I repeat the matter "We did give him a chance to change, he squandered it" before people read it..?
He wasn't banned. He was given a warning. My comment already covers this point so like, you should read it and not make me repeat it.

A warning is meant to give someone a time to change, so saying we need to give him a time to change is redundant.

But alas, I agree with the 3 months compromise, so I'll drop it and exit as I have nothing further to contribute.

Oh he definitely isn't getting a permaban, not now at least. A month is fine, 3 is excessive.

I don't believe he'll change, but miracles have happened for less, so.

A warning is meant to give someone a time to change, so saying we need to give him a time to change is redundant.

But alas, I agree with the 3 months compromise, so I'll drop it and exit as I have nothing further to contribute.
The consequences of someone's actions might not sink in until they've been banned. That's kinda why we start with warnings in most cases.

Hold on before we drop this fully, i have one thing to say:

Maybe my idea is weird or funny but all the staff here me out, if one the staff do a major problems/abusing its position (act like a tyrant is not a exception), that staff need his position ripped off, what do you guys think?

Maybe my idea is weird or funny but all the staff here me out, if one the staff do a major problems/abusing its position (act like a tyrant is not a exception), that staff need his position ripped off, what do you guys think?
That doesn't seem relevant or necessary here, but yes, if someone abuses their position they would be demoted.

The ban is settled. Can we focus on getting the Cool Cat ban on writing?

If I get banned by Veloxt1r's firing squad, just know that I died fighting :,(

Jokes aside, let's move forward, the matter seems settled upon.

Well, personally, I think that instantly going to a 3 month ban is excessive, and it seems like Imp and another member agree with me.

The hostile sidetracking needs to stop though, but yes, certain staff members have got carried away with their ban-happy tendencies a few times. They should preferably take some time to reevaluate their priorities.

This community's punishments definitely shouldn't be run via mob-mentality and the personal biases of those in charge. We are not Twitter, and that is nothing to strive towards.

Stuff like that is for the Human Resources to look at. Not here.

As I've said, I have little to no stake regarding BigSmoke himself. I've rarely debated with him and he has only come to my attention on incredibly egregious and popular threads that I've been told to check out. So I'll offer my defense that I have no motive or reason for bias, and simply offered my opinion based on the facts presented to me.

I dislike the dismissal of more stern punishments as "mob-mentality" and "personal biases". I had my reasons for voting how I did - what I believed would solve the problem, for good- and while I can't speak for everyone involved, I know I and likely others were not overtly swayed by bias against BigSmoke4269. So, if you may, I'd appreciate it if not all who vote that way are covered under a blanket term and ideology like that, Antvasima.

Additionally, I got what I wanted anyways. A Cool Cat profile ban, period, does stop the problem for good, hence why I was more than willing to accept the compromise on that front even if the ban was far shorter than my original aim. So, I have no complaints or quarrels about length as long as we keep the Cool Cat ban.

6 month ban likely

This user likely has Underneath Something vibes from what I seen
Eh, if we're banning Cool Cat from being made, period, then 6 months is pretty excessive, as my main point of contention was preventing this repeated issue from happening again. A Cool Cat ban stops that, so as long as BigSmoke4269 is punished in some capacity, I care little for how long it is (though erring on the lower side compared to 6 months seems reasonable).

Back