• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports (New forum)

Said rudeness is the mental gymnastics meme. I'm not reporting people for posting the damn mental gymnastics meme.
"I dont think this is offensive so im not gonna report it", good for you I guess? I do.
If you're calling people illiterate over something like that, please post instances so I can post your RVR too.
See that's the thing, I never actually said that.
"Like if you wanna spout bullshit, you could at least make sure it isn't easily proven wrong by anyone with internet and literacy."
Is what I said, I never called her illiterate, I said anyone who has internet and are literate could figure it out. (as in anyone who has internet and can type into a search bar could just look up the source and a video on it).
So uh, mind telling me what the **** you're talking about?
Unless you mean this
"Though due to your inability to read..."
That's not a ******* jab at being literate or illiterate, that's me saying "dude you didn't even read this page dedicated to it". Because that's exactly what i said.
I'm reporting this on the RVR for a reason. Majority will decide after the points are made.
The reason being blatant double standards, no offense.
You didn't disagree with their views, you attacked their person.... are you purposely missing points to make yourself look better?
Yes, I attacked a person for reasons other than their views, I thought I was clear on that? Idk are you purposely missing points to make me look bad?
In general I don't know what the **** level of shit is being projected here that a meme is somehow justified to call people ***** over.
Call an asshole a asshole, that's all this was, not sure what's so world ending about that?

Half the thing you're mad at isn't even what I actually said...

What the actual flying **** am I reading? At most both Chariot AND Zephyros are banned for 1 day each, the former for insulting someone with the c-word and illiterate and the ladder for instigating.

What the **** am I reading? At most both Chariot AND Zephyros are banned for 1 day each, the former for insulting someone with the c-word and illiterate and the ladder for instigating.
I never actually called anyone illiterate though ᵃᵃᵃᵃᵃᵃᵃᵃᵃᵃᵃᵃᵃᵃᵃᵃᵃ

What's the point of an autocensor if we're going to try to mindread what they meant to type, and ban them for that instead? That's just silly.

You can call that criticizing opinions all you want, but it's done in a condescending and mocking way. It seems weird to ignore that but consider bans over the most tame of personal insults. You can do things that way, but it's not a very good way of doing things, imo.

Also I would like to add that I wasn't banned for throwing out a WAY worse insult then the autocensor would pick up, granted i backpedaled on that and outright apologized for it. Banning someone over calling someone a c-word which was instigated is a bad example. Like I said before, at most ban Chariot and Zephyros for 1 day each.

Chariot, stop. What you did isn't banworthy, it was warning worthy. Ignoring warnings, however, is banworthy. Go take some time to cool off.

Zephyr, egging on a confrontation with a condescending meme ain't much better than Chariot taking the invite to said confrontation.

Move on.

Yeah auto censor shouldn't leave us questioning what was actually said, as trivial as that sounds.

Chariot, stop. What you did isn't banworthy, it was warning worthy. Ignoring warnings, however, is banworthy. Go take some time to cool off.

Zephyr, egging on a confrontation with a condescending meme ain't much better than Chariot taking the invite to said confrontation.

Move on.
Thanks, plan on it.
t̶h̶o̶u̶g̶h̶ ̶I̶ ̶d̶o̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶n̶a̶ ̶c̶l̶e̶a̶r̶ ̶u̶p̶ ̶I̶ ̶n̶e̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶a̶c̶t̶u̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶c̶a̶l̶l̶e̶d̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶i̶l̶l̶i̶t̶e̶r̶a̶t̶e̶,̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶s̶i̶m̶p̶l̶y̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶w̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶I̶ ̶s̶a̶i̶d̶.̶ ̶ ̶

The mental gymnastics meme of course felt insulting to Chariot, it wasn't him who instigated the conflict and was just responding out of frustration.

He probably shouldn't have responded in such a way, but he shouldn't have been egged on in the first place.

Nothing needs to happen here.

I can’t say anything that hasn’t already been said, at worst both of them should be warned.

I’m more annoyed that people actually thought this was worth reporting, and that Zark was pushing for it like she did. Don’t do that again.

I’m more annoyed that people actually thought this was worth reporting, and that Zark was pushing for it like she did. Don’t do that
I gave a warning to quit it on thread and he doubled down on it, idk what else do you expect me to do Mori, this was just warranting an official warning and if it was a repeat incidence of him asking staff members "WHAT THE HELL DO YOU HAVE TO DO WITH IT" when they ask him to keep personalized insults to himself, it does indeed deserve a light ban, this is literally what is said on the original report.

It's not exactly my fault that suddenly a clarified warning is suppression of free speech that everyone on the site had to comment on, instead of just saying don't do it on their message wall and get it over with.

That may have been your intention but it wasn't how it turned out.

Your very first comment on that thread is calling Chariot out for being "toxic as shit". And then proceed to tell them they're the worst offender (while ignoring that there were two sides at fault there) and telling him to "have fun debating their ban".

Not sure what your goal was with these comments, however, they didn't end up as comments aimed at reducing the already heated interaction going on, and did nothing but poke the bear even more.

In the future, if you want to give a warning to a user, you should stick to just doing that without any comments that can be interpreted as snide remarks. Even if you intend them as not serious, they don't help a stressful situation.

I guess we're continuing this, first off, half the reason why you're giving me shit is blatantly false, I never called anyone illiterate, one thing wasn't even directed at her and was used in a sense of "anyone who can type out words can just look it up", and the other time is straight up you twisting what was said, "because of your inability to read" is what I said, yes, i did say that, unfortunately you're taking it completely out of context, I wasn't questioning her literacy nor was I calling her illiterate, I was saying "because you didn't actually bother to read this page on this exact subject matter", that's completely different to what you're trying to say was actually said there Impress. I'm not saying she can't literally read but rather she didn't bother to.
And this is a basic manner of speech, do you have any idea how often things like "dude read the ******* ____" is said on this wiki? Everyday probably, by staff and normal users alike, you gonna start giving people shit for the most basic of things that just about everyone in this thread has done at least once probably?

i doubt it especially in this hobby, the only difference is how I worded it, but even if you take into account my wording, what you proclaim isn't actually what i said, this would be evident with just the simple context of when that line was stated, with me copy pasting the part she didn't actually read following it afterward.

Secondly, yes, I called someone a name. Sure as **** ain't the worst thing that's ever happened, we have staff that are far, far more rude, don't wanna go "well what about___" but it be like it do, I'd appreciate the lack of double standards thank you.
Thirdly, you aren't God, who says you dictate what people can or can not feel offended by? You don't find a meme made to demean and undermine another user that offensive? Sure, that's fair and you're obligated to feel however you do, but it goes both ways, I don't really find much to get mad over in regards to insults, whether it's ****, asshole, dick, ****, whatever, they're all about the same to me, **** has just as much an impact to me as something like shit, that is to say, not even a second thought. In my view, whether I called her a ****, asshole or even, as someone pointed out above, a dick, about the same to me. Are you wrong for thinking they have differing impacts? No, you can think that. But in the same vain I'm not wrong for thinking the things you don't find issue with is actually a issue.

when they ask him to keep personalized insults to himself

You keep saying "personalized insults", I frankly have no idea what the **** you mean, if I had to deduce it, do you mean just insulting someone personally? If so, yes, I did do that, I called them a ****, I'm not gonna lie and pretend I didn't, but I mean, I didn't go out of my way to make memes and shit that were, of course, in direct regards to my person, ie, a personalized "attack". Surely you can see that this applies to both parties involved? It wasn't just me mind you.

And fyi, before anyone says "Chariot don't respond" or "Chill out", latter is moot, pretty good mood right now actually, and for the former.
I'm locking this thread and reporting you to the RVR, have fun debating your ban there.

From Impress herself, she explicitly told me to debate against this, and as such, I'm merely following her instructions.

Zephyr needs to understand that she can simply say that a person is using mental gymnastics, instead of making a meme that can obviously be felt as insulting, and does nothing but instigate shit.

Anyway, Chariot responded with a slur word (yes, he used the C-word). Don't play dumb Chariot. Any admin or thread mod can just click on the "edit" option in your post and see the actual word you used. And don't try to edit it now, we can also see the history. Using that word here is perfectly report-worthy and permaban-worthy from what I recall according to FANDOM (correct me on this if I am wrong @Antvasima @DarkDragonMedeus).

He used it twice before Zark got there. And doubled down after Zark told him to stop with that.
Why the **** are you replying to me? I'm not the one who started it.
I'll call a spade a spade just like I'll call a ** a **, is that not fair? Things definitely could have been civil but that's clearly asking to much.

Last edited:
"WHAT THE HELL DO YOU HAVE TO DO WITH IT"
I also never said nor implied this, stop twisting what I said.
The absolute worst thing I said to you was "Why the **** are you replying to me? I'm not the one who started it?", which was mostly said in confusion because I was the only person who so much as was mentioned at all despite me not being the only offender nor the reason it started. That was an actual question, asked out of wanting to know why I was the only one getting in shit. You didn't exactly answer the question though, you just said "it's my job", and ignored the last bit indicating why it was just me.

And then you added onto that that I was the worst offender, completely missing the point, and even if I was, does that somehow mean only I get in shit? No, maybe I was worse but being worse doesn't the other was perfect either.

Plus, you keep saying I "doubled down", when in reality I explained what I did and asked if that wasn't reasonable. You're acting if I said "wow **** you ill do whatever I want and im not ever taking it back and ill say it again. Not what happened, blatant lie.
My exact response to you was "I called a ** a **, is that not fair?".
Because honestly, that's how I felt, someone was being, I guess to tone it down a bit for the users here, "a dick", and so I said as much, because that's blatantly how I felt in regards to the person at hand. And I questioned you, if that wasn't fair, your response in turn was
"Don't know dude, sounds like a **** move owo"
Which kinda missed the point of what I was saying, but then did basically the same thing I did but in return, with some added snark. If what I said was so bad, why did you reply it with back if the mere mention is ban worthy?
I never said what you're insinuating though, and what I did say would be extremely hard pressed to be taken that way too.

yes, he used the C-word/Don't play dumb Chariot/Any admin and thread mod can just click on the "edit" option in your post and see the actual word you used. And don't try to edit it now, we can also see the history.

Could you not? I said as much what I said like, a dozen times? And saying "dont play dumb" just makes it sound like you didn't even read any of my replies as I've done nothing but be blunt. How can I play dumb when I said I said **** like, what must've been a dozen times now, And why the **** are you going "dont try and edit it", as if I didn't JUST literally say above I have no reason or intention to lie and explicitly stated what it is I said? Like I hope to **** you can see the history, I never once tried to hide what I said, not did I intend to, and I even made perfect mention of exactly it is what I said, multiple times, because ******* lying is unironically worse to a mere insult.

Edit: Hell that ain't even me censoring it, I'm not trying to hide shit.

Why the **** are you replying to me? I'm not the one who started it. I'll call a spade a spade just like I'll call a ** a **, is that not fair? Things definitely could have been civil but that's clearly asking to much.

Ye, that is indeed what I said, if you notice though, I said things in there besides just the alleged "doubling down", if we could not pretend it was said in a complete void without further context I'd appreciate it.
Hell if you read further you'd see I even said it would've been fine and civil if I wasn't made a joke out of first. Like hell, you're acting as if I sat down and was like "let's make this toxic" when in reality, that wasn't the goal and wasn't gonna be till instigated in what would have otherwise been a pretty tame conversation.

Last edited:
Whatever the case, intentionally trying to use a slur word is permaban-worthy offense. The autocensor prevents it from being seen, which is an insurance put in place so that people don't get banned indiscriminately because FANDOM is very strict and bans without acknowledging the context. In your case, it doesn't free you of any blame since you intentionally tried using a slur word as an insult again and again, even after being warned.

Whatever the case, intentionally trying to use a slur word is permaban-worthy offense. The autocensor prevents it from being seen, which is an insurance put in place so that people don't get banned indiscriminately because FANDOM is very strict and bans without acknowledging the context. In your case, it doesn't free you of any blame since you intentionally tried using a slur word as an insult again and again, even after being warned.
Uh, what? I never actually used it as a insult towards anyone after being warned? Unless you mean me going "ill call a **** a ****, is that not fair?", at that point it was confirmation, that was me explaining what I did and why I did it, if that wasn't obvious from the above. And even then, you said "again" and "again", false, at best, once, not a multiple reoccurrence after Impress showed up. Not me widely slinging around words thank you.
And this entire thread? Yeah I said it, not at anyone though but rather to show that, unlike your above presumptions of my intentions, that I wasn't hiding anything. or would you have preferred I hid it? Because you're giving me mixed signals now.

And if an autocensor word is banworthy, why the hell do I see people occasionally use words like ****** (it'll autocensor anyway but given you can just see the edit, here you go for context), and yet nobody bats an eye.
Even worse, if the mere mention of the word is ban worthy, what about Impress saying it back, saying what I did was a **** move? Obviously nobody is gonna crucify her over saying it, even though its a permaban offense.

Whatever the case, intentionally trying to use a slur word is permaban-worthy offense.

Wait what? I've intentionally used words that get caught by the filter before, should I be permabanned?

saying what I did was a **** move? Obviously nobody is gonna crucify her over saying it, even though its a permaban offense.
For clarification, she only used asterisks.

I'm not gonna respond to your other points as I feel it's needlessly dragging the conversation.

Wait what? I've intentionally used words that get caught by the filter before, should I be permabanned?
Depends on the words. There are a lot of words that can be caught by the filter. They were added for the reason being "to be safe".

But using the C-word is permaban worthy offense according to FANDOM.

Oh, so you're telling me if instead of saying ****, I hid my intent behind asterisks it would be ok? If instead of **** I said ****? That wouldn't be actually ban worthy? Even though the intent and meaning are identical in both situations and the words intended were clearly the same?

That's... Well that's completely ****** up, if anything that's even worse as you're not even being straightforward.

But the using the C-word is permaban worthy offense according to FANDOM.
Where's this list? Shouldn't this list be on some sort of rule page, because a hidden list of permaban words is kinda suspect, I've never heard nor seen it, I'd appreciate it if you could post where on the forum the list is located.

Depends on the words. There are a lot of words that can be caught by the filter. They were added for the reason being "to be safe".

But using the C-word is permaban worthy offense according to FANDOM.
  1. We are not Fandom. As far as I'm aware, all we need to do is filter them. We don't need to permaban any users that get caught by the filter, but the stuff you're saying here is implying otherwise.
  2. If the words aren't the ones added "just to be safe", will you permaban me?

Jesus **** this situation just kept dragging on. Just either give both of them a warning or drop it. This really isn't worth the trouble, and especially not ban worthy.

This stuff has went on for an almost entire page when it could've been resolved in a few comments.

I cannot fathom how you guys wanted to ban him for just a simple curse word. A warning for both of them or just drop the situation altogether. It really isn't worth the hassle. I'm honestly in for the latter.

Shouldn't there be a list for the banned words? Many could be banned simply because they didn't know there was this hidden list of words that will apparently get you perma banned.

Last edited:
Does seem a bit extreme to perma ban Chariot for that imo, he's a constructive member 99% of the time, and as Agnaa said, this site isn't FANDOM, so there's not really any reason to use their overly strict rules.

Regardless, putting what Chariot said aside, it's not as if Zark's posts helped the situation, in fact, they seemed to have made it far worse with things like "Have fun debating the ban in the RVR", is that really something a staff member should be saying when their primary "task" is to be calming situations like this down?

It seems weird for most of the focus to be put on what Chariot said.

I'm not in favor of a perma-ban, but I am agreeing with AKM on the seriousness of the issue. And I don't think that Chariot is solely the person at fault here.

We are not Fandom. As far as I'm aware, all we need to do is filter them. We don't need to permaban any users that get caught by the filter, but the stuff you're saying here is implying otherwise.
We are part of FANDOM. Our site is right there on the wiki's main navigation bar. The forum still has to abide by FANDOM rules. I thought this was made pretty clear from the start.

If the words aren't the ones added "just to be safe", will you permaban me?
Depends on the context. I don't know about your case, but simply because the word is autocensored doesn't mean people should use it as an insult. You don't need to check the word, the context in which Chariot used it was pretty clear. The word he meant to use was also pretty clear.

For example, just because the N-word is autocensored, I can't go up to Wok and say "hey there ******" in a context that pretty much makes it obvious what word I meant to use. That's still banworthy and I am pretty sure none of us want to encourage this type of practice simply because "hey the words are autocensored so I am free of all blame and I can use it however I please".

It seems weird for most of the focus to be put on what Chariot said.
Because he is the worst offender. An admin already went in detail explaining how Zark did not handle it very well. Or how Zephyr was the instigator. Not much else is required here on that matter.

Because he is the worst offender. An admin already went in detail explaining how Zark did not handle it very well. Not much else is required here on that matter.
the context in which Chariot used it was pretty clear. The word he meant to use was also pretty clear.
"hey there ******" in a context that pretty much makes it obvious what word I meant to use

That's literally what Impress did, she mimicked what I said in a manner that made it obvious she was saying the same thing I said, even if she hid it behind asterisks. (which is even worse honestly, at least I'm being honest).
If me using it at someone is banworthy, how is the same thing just a different albeit similar context not?
And who gives a shit if I'm the worse offender? The point remains I'm not the only offender, and if everything you say is true, I'm actually only just equally bad.

And yes, why are you insinuating as if what I said wasn't obvious? I reiterated what I meant and what I said like 25 times, anyone who's following the thread knows exactly what I said, why I said, what I meant and the like, I'm not going to lie as if it didn't happen.

Now, as i said, I'd appreciate it if you could point out this list of words and where it's located.

We are part of FANDOM. Our site is right there on the wiki's main navigation bar. The forum still has to abide by FANDOM rules. I thought this was made pretty clear from the start.

And like I said, we are abiding by it by censoring those words. We don't need to equal their enforcement by permabanning anyone who uses those words regardless of context. You in this very post explain that context matters. That is not enforcing the rules the way FANDOM would. We don't need to go halfway to FANDOM-enforcement by permabanning either.

Hell, even when we were on FANDOM we were a hell of a lot nicer in regards to these bans than they were. We'd have staff editing and deleting posts containing certain words so that FANDOM doesn't find it and ban them.

Depends on the context. I don't know about your case, but simply because the word is autocensored doesn't mean people should use it as an insult. You don't need to check the word, the context in which Chariot used it was pretty clear. The word he meant to use was also pretty clear.

For example, just because the N-word is autocensored, I can't go up to Wok and say "hey there ******" in a context that pretty much makes it obvious what word I meant to use. That's still banworthy and I am pretty sure none of us want to encourage this type of practice simply because "hey the words are autocensored so I am free of all blame and I can use it however I please".

Now it sounds like the issue is insulting/trashy behaviour, which we should and do evaluate by our rules, not FANDOM's.

Like, you've now jumped from "If you intentionally use an autocensored word that's a permabannable offence because FANDOM" to "If you insult someone you should get in trouble because insulting people is bad."

I have no clue why you'd still make the timeframe permanent. Even the people in this thread were, at best, clamoring for a week.

Like, you've now jumped from "If you intentionally use an autocensored word that's a permabannable offence because FANDOM" to "If you insult someone you should get in trouble because insulting people is bad."
I initially mentioned that the the C-word is permabanable according to FANDOM rules, which we still follow. The main point I was trying to get across is "If you insult someone you should get in trouble because insulting people is bad" and "if you intentionally use an autocensored word that's a permabannable offence according to FANDOM", then the trouble you should be getting into should be big and the case should not be brushed aside.

The ban length and whatnot is debatable. I don't really care about that. But I care about the fact that some kind of punishment is in order.

Ahh okay, I'm glad that could get cleared up then.

the context in which Chariot used it was pretty clear. The word he meant to use was also pretty clear.

My intent was literally "hey you're an asshole for posting this so ill call you a asshole", I picked a, what is apparently, some cthulu type word, but the intent was just to call someone out on being an asshole and used a word to denote that.
And i explained that, many times. ****, the fact you had to follow that up with "the word he meant to use" makes it out as if it was any other insulting word it wouldn't have been a issue, or at least, nowhere near that big of one, so the context and intent clearly isn't the larger issue. But rather a word is the main issue, that's ****** up.

The main point I was trying to get across is "If you insult someone you should get in trouble because insulting people is bad" and

Ok so insulting people bad? Got it, so everyone is equally at fault if the mere act of insulting someone is bad. Because reminder, I took the initial instigation as insulting, which is why I replied the way I did. unless you're about to say that that insult wasn't actually bad and only mine is bad, in which case, yeah no, shit was insulting as ****. You could even say Impress was bordering on insulting as well, and they even used that word with the intent to use it and obviously did so, even if it was written out in asterisks. So, what? Insulting is bad? That's the main issue? So everyone ****** up then, not just me.

"if you intentionally use an autocensored word that's a permabannable offence according to FANDOM", then the trouble you should be getting into should be big and the case should not be brushed aside.

Well, good thing I didn't intentionally use a word that I knew was autocensored till after then, because as said, having that list upfront would be helpful and it seems like the majority don't even know such a list of impossible words even exists.
If you could post it and where it's located, that would be great for future reference as well as anyone else who may or may not say it. Not to mention, it took a few posts to even realize it was censored (not like I bothered to pay attention to it after I clicked publish), and a few more to realize a mod didn't do it manually.
Are you unironically going to give me shit for saying a word "intentionally" I didn't even know was on some shit list? A list you've yet to show at that?

Well, good thing I didn't intentionally use a word that I knew was autocensored
I'm just gonna assume that you're playing dumb, because I'd like to think you're intelligent enough to know the word you used is a slur word. Please don't pull "I didn't know it was a slur word" excuse.

In many countries that is not a slur. Unless you're extremely confused about what word's being used.

As an Australian, it is a low-mid tier swear at best. Nowhere near a slur.

I'm just gonna assume that you're playing dumb, because I'd like to think you're intelligent enough to know the word you used is a slur word. Please don't pull "I didn't know it was a slur word" excuse.
Could you not play dumb? I obviously knew it was a insult, I said as much. But did I know it was one some magic fabled autocensor list that you for some reason refuse to show or source and is a permaban offense? No, I did not know that.
If I called them an asshole instead, that'd still be a slur, or even a dick, or an ass, those are all indeed slurs, but obviously we wouldn't be having this whole heated topic if I said those over this OTHER word that's also a slur because there's a list of words you can't use that isn't actually anywhere on this list for all to see and you've yet to post where it is, if it's even on here to begin with.

At this point I just want to see where the list is located on the wiki AKM, surely you can link it, otherwise how the **** is anyone supposed to know which words are absolutely not ok and which words are just bad but not a instant crucifixion?

Back