• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports - 51

Status
Not open for further replies.
He made a few nonsense posts and then came in trying to derail our RP.

I'm not saying he should be banned or even warned but I just think we should kep an eye on him is all.

Reporting IMadeThis0n8-12017 for this

This doesnt warrant any kind of ban and im not looking for one, but I think a light warning should be justified here. Imade comes out of nowhere and directly accuses me of "messaging people who are against Bleach to disagree" with a thread he made just because I messaged other users to come and give their opinions on the matter.

And I don't appreciate being accused of something like this whatsoever.

@kukui

That's the visualization I've gotten of you so far from any HST thread you've been on when I'm present, truthfully. I even called you out on it when you went against an entire thread of Naruto downgrades solely holding out for Tata's opinion by claiming to want 'an expert's' opinion when three had commented in the thread, when the only reasonable purpose for doing so was to hope he'd argue an opposition for you.

It's a bit puerile to report someone for pointing to a history of biases implicating your behavior for what it is, and really not the purpose of the RVT to report. Post it on an admin's wall, it's a verbal slapfight between users that is wasteful.

@Xulrev Do you have to be reminded the RVT is no place for starting an argument like that?

Guys, don't fight on the RVR thread; that's what message walls are for. And even then, no fighting or hostility. Anyway, there's absolutely nothing wrong with Kukui asking for an opinion. But at the same time, what Imade has said there and on a couple threads was pretty rude, but I don't think that's quite report worthy. It could be worth politely asking a Human Resource group member though.

I don't believe it's starting an argument, but rather bringing further context to a false report, Andy. Crab informed me these threads are for debating such things, are they not?

Xulrev said:
@kukui
I even called you out on it when you went against an entire thread of Naruto downgrades solely holding out for Tata's opinion by claiming to want 'an expert's' opinion when three had commented in the thread, when the only reasonable purpose for doing so was to hope he'd argue an opposition for you.

It's a bit puerile to report someone for pointing to a history of biases implicating your behavior for what it is, and really not the purpose of the RVT to report. Post it on an admin's wall, it's a verbal slapfight between users that is wasteful.
This isnt at all what happened in the slightest Xulrev and I explained this multiple times in that said thread.

But im not going to deal with this when not only will it derail, but its something that was already dealt with in the thread.

Andytrenom said:
This is uncalled for, but I'm not sure if it's reportworthy
Coming out of nowhere and for no reason accusing someone of doing x should be reportworthy the way im seeing this. Imade even goes on to accuse 3 other users of being people who "have a history of downgrading the verse" as means of justifying him accusing me of this.

That said, what happens is not up to me. If its not report-worthy then i'll just drop it.

I used WHAM on the troll accounts that did not have all of their contributions removed already.

If administrators promise to be extremely careful when using the script, they can ask me for instructions how to install it via my message wall. The real cal howard did so already.

Content moderators and discussion moderators are definitely not allowed to install it though.

Assuming someone's intentions is something that you can call out in the thread itself but I don't think necessitates a formal warning

An appeal to motive would only be a valid descriptor of the behavior if it were done in the thread itself to dispel any objections he brings to the table.

It was done off-thread, so it's not even the fallacy itself, it's simply asking 'why do you behave this way'.

Xulrev said:
It was done off-thread, so it's not even the fallacy itself, it's simply asking 'why do you behave this way'.
Asking? No, it went straight to accusing me of doing x simply because I asked others to give their opinions on the matter.

It was not "asking me" in any way, it was a direct accusation and there was no reason for it. It was un-called for.

....I don't think this belongs on this thread, from what I can tell none of this is really worth a warning. If their were repeated accusations/harrasment I could see it being worthy of a warning/punitive action but this seems like an argument that doesn't need to be on this thread.

It really shouldn't have to be restated at this point that this thread is not for arguing about these. If you really, really must argue about it, handle it on each others message walls instead. The RVT is absolutely not for arguments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back