• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports - 51

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have also updated the link in the first post in this thread.

Andytrenom said:
Then next time only do one of those two things
Not even that; reporting staff should not be done through this thread, even then something this small doesn't even need to go to the HR group unless it persists/escalates.

Is somebody who witnessed the bug willing to politely report it to Fandom? I have previously updated the report link in the first post of this thread.

Correction, he isn't a new member. I was wrong abou that but his behavior is still out of line with every comment of his

Hello.

I wonder if we could let FanofRPGs a chance to get back into the wiki, if he promises to do his best to behave well. I feel rather bad for his personal situation, he seems more mentally stable now, and it has been a very long time since he originally misbehaved:

https://community.fandom.com/wiki/Thread:1682367

If he starts to cause trouble it shouldn't be worse than that we simply ban him again. He is just a regular member after all.

He was banned for vandalism, right? That's not that bad, it can be easily rolled back if need be. And he can be banned again if he continues his earlier behavior. It's not like he was abusive or anything. Plus, he was mentally unstable. I know what that's like, and I feel sorry for the dude.

I believe everyone should have a second chance. I vote letting him back

It may not be my place to say, but he seems like he's being honest. And he seems like quite a genuine guy, regardless of what he did in the past. I also think he deserves a second chance.

While I do personally like FanofRPGs, and I too feel sorry for him; I do have to trust what Matt and Numbersguy have been saying about him. From what I've been told, this is not the first time he's claimed to have gotten better only to suddenly make a U-turn. I'm normally all for second chances, some of the verses and pages notably Dragon Quest are heavily outdated with him away, and he could be helpful with that revision. But I vaguely recall that time he said some horrible things about Matt when the Civilizations Profiles project was being made.

I'm not against unbanning him, and would like to give him a chance, but what Numbers has informed me about as well as what Matt, Kep and a few other Admins have noted does need to be addressed.

Well, as far as I understand, he was unstable quite some time ago now, and it isn't like he can cause much harm. As I mentioned, we could always ban him again if he starts to be a problem.

So, would the rest of you be fine with if we give him a chance?

From a non staff viewpoint: it's nice to see second chances are handed out.

But it also sets a precedent wherein you cant reasonably deny unbanning others if they appeal for an overturned ban due to length of time and insisting theyve improved since the past, or at least cannot do so without being blatantly hypocritical or biased.

Just something that may not have been considered.

FanofRPGs was not banned due to malicious intent, but due to that he was mentally unstable at the time. As such, there is a distinction to be made.

Sorry, was going off what DDM said Ant. I presumed it was partially due to verbally attacking a staff member as he referenced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back