• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports - 51

Status
Not open for further replies.
Velox is a good friend, but he does sound like he's going through a lot of stress. I'm open to what other staff members think, but he does sound like he may need to take a break from the wiki.

I'm no staff member or psychologist but when going through stressful and controversial topics that you're passionate about the best thing to do is take a break and soon you'll take your mind off it and feel better.A short break might help IMO but not as a punishment but as desensitization

Being really frustrated and letting it show isn't really the same as making angry remarks specifically at other members

I don't think a punishment should be needed here, just advise

....I really love this place, this is the place i can enjoying myself from the tiring IRL stuff, only place i can make so much friend, only place i can open myself to the other without worrying being awkward and so on.....

But sometime love can be complicated that it can be worse......this place also has kind of drama there and that, everywhere......it make me feels frustrated and stressed....but in small bargin....but that more worse because small bargin if get gathered......wait until it exploded....time bomb

Combine it with my love with some of franchises more than the other, it goes to downhill...i dunno why but today i just let all of my frustration all of it..until i'm exploded....

You guys saw me as a happy go lucky childish friendly guys but in truth....i'm a worried guy who afraid of my own bomb and the anxiety of losing all of my beloved, it just i burried it deep...but it just hurt myself over and over.....

....What have i done....i'm trash....i'm trash....i'm trash....i'm trash...

Andytrenom said:
I don't think being visibly frustrated is a notable violation, insulting others is.
I agree. I think a rule violation because @Mr.Bambu was insulted as he was called a d*** here. I don't think this case is ban-worthy but warning-worthy, if I am being unbias.

In any case, I made a warning because I think it was the most valid and unbias option. I think the topic can be dropped.

Velox is not a bad person, and has behaved well in he past. As you can see above, he just seems like he is under a lot of stress and feels very bad at the moment.

We have some links for online support and psychiatric help in the Site Rules page, if that helps.

I would recommend him to voluntarily take some time off, seek professional help, and do things that make him relax. For example, upbeat entertainment, relaxing music, nature walks, therapy pets, and exercise.

I know the exact feeling, I´ve been over exactly that my whole life.

You know? Sometimes the best is to take a break, to learn that not everyone sees or likes the same thing the same way.

Here´s a tip if you feel too enraged:

Write it as usual, with all your hate and all, but when you finish, erase it instead of publishing it, it helps to make you feel you actually did something, but you are also aware that isn´t the best thing to do about it.

He appears to have been here for over a year and has over 3000 edits, so he's too contributive to just be a random troll. But I gave him a warning as what he said is indeed controversial.

You may want to check the whole thread, it's rather intense on language. I must also mention he was banned previously for threatening other users.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
He appears to have been here for over a year and has over 3000 edits, so he's too contributive to just be a random troll. But I gave him a warning as what he said is indeed controversial.
Swathing's been here for a while, but he can be.... over the top.

I apologize, I wasn't paying much attention to the happenings on the thread when this happened.

I believe the RP should be shut down, offending comments removed, threads closed, and Swathing given an extremely harsh warning if this is the case.

If there is a history of this, and they have been warned previously, a ban whose length depends on how lengthy said history is.

If he has been previously banned for posting content of this nature a more extensive ban should be given.

After discussing the matter with other RP-goers on discord, I strongly suggest we ban the user indefinitely.

@Supersonic Please don't comment on this thread without more to add to a report or without bringing up a report yourself.

Don't say to nuke a man Bambu, that's not nice

I kinda want to avoid a perma ban but I don't think I know enough about the situation to make that judgement

@Andy

Honestly the two comments that he was reported for alone should have been enough for a permaban even if they were from a well-respected user with no history. That's my opinion, though. What follows, however, isn't:

They've been banned and received numerous warning for this type of content among other violations before.

I used WHAM to remove all of their contributions.

I was IP banned across wikia for some reason? Did I do anything wrong (well, worthy of that without a warning from you guys)? I only ever post here, and unless someone hacked my shit or there was a weird mistake, I don't know what I did.

I don't think that we have done anything. Perhaps you can ask Fandom about it.

I tried, the wiki directories to specific places to contact fandom seem to be annoyingly unhelpful. They just link back to the same page and it took me a few minutes to realize I had to send things from there. It'll take forever for that to get appealed. I use my phone's mobile data to post here, so I still have WiFi places to use. Hah!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back