• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports - 51

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't want to be making this, but I just want to alert you all ahead of time. This dude is under my radar when it comes to socks.

Again it's quite hard for me to report this because based on some of the contributions he has made, he seems like a really cool person. But my gut tells me he might be here to troll. As we recall, there were a couple of trolls that posted **** and hentai on the Sonic threads. Now a new person shows up and comes to our thread out of nowhere. One of these trolls trash talked us and said that Omniversal Battle Wiki is better. Since the troll's contribution is deleted I cannot link you that. But on Omniversal Battle Wiki, this user asks if Neo likes hentai. Very suspicious to say the least. Right now, I have a thread that I am going to unremove as there needs to be a continuation to these Sonic threads. However one of the trolls from yesterday implied that they were going to post **** again on that thread, and I'm scared that this guy is waiting for the right time to strike, which is when I reopen my thread. This isn't anything ban worthy because my arguments seem to be more on the speculative side rather than hard proof. But I just want people to keep their eyes peeled on this guy.

Thank you for the information.

I have permabanned him, that comment was an obvious troll comment the one AKM Sama linked was. It is best to get rid of a virus before it spreads.

I would have perferred to wait until they inevitably did something more obviously against the rules, but I trust your judgement.

Um I'm not sure how to feel about this. On one hand I do agree with Dargoo and that I trust your judgement, but on another hand I get a really bad feeling I've just made an enemy here.

AKM sama said:
Prevention is better than cure. We're not gonna wait for the guy to cause problems before getting rid of him. That comment is enough to know that the guy was harbouring ill will.
I heavily disagree with that philosophy. We don't preemptively ban people we deem troublesome, unless they're already breaking rules through username/picture/other violations.

Now this situation might have been different; I get it was more of a gray area because the actions sort of do break the rules, but I want to make it very clear I don't support any sort of "vaccine is better than the cure" type philosophy when it comes to user management.

Dargoo is probably correct regarding our general approach to these things. We cannot get too trigger-happy.

I would normally be against the early bans, but even the first 12 posts are full of obvious troll indications. Especially the one about reporting people to Fandom out of nowhere or asking people for ****/hentai. Plus his avatar and/or name are too similar to multiple banned users we've been getting the past few days. I have no doubt that he could be a sock as well.

If someone wants to unblock him, I guess that's fine; but I was just trying to keep the wiki safe.

None of us are denying that you did the right thing Dragon. Dargoo is just saying that in general we shouldn't try to punish members that haven't done anything yet.

Errgh Ninja'd

Yes, this case was well motivated. He can stay banned. Dargoo was just talking about the general philosophy.

If my comment wasn't clear enough (even though "the guy" I was referring to was the user Epic Cell throughout my entire comment, and not any user in a general sense), I was specifically talking about this particular case, not some general philosophy of handling all cases.

I too agree that we shouldn't preemptively ban unless there is some rule-breaking or blatant evidence suggesting that the user is a genuine problem. But like DDM pointed out, this ban was justified, and waiting for him to break more rules and cause more problems is what I disagreed with.

Anyway, let's drop the topic. (I was just clarifying my point since I thought Dargoo might've misunderstood it.)

Yes, agreed. No staff member has done anything wrong here.

Just going to keep an eye on him, no need to do anything drastic yet.

We can ban IP addresses, but not see what they are, or impose range IP bans.

You can ask the Fandom staff for help.

Is prank considered as report worthy? If yes then i reporting myself because of it.

Why i reporting myself: Pranking being goes too far

Reason of why i goes that: Bored af and my project still not continuing, then i got this idea, later i saw that Reinhard vs Madoka and so i starting it. Here is the thread: https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/3131737

The prank seems successful but it also cause a mess from me, make peoples worried, annoyed, etc, and i feels so f***ing bad about it.

My deep apologies to Bambu, Kairo, and especially SoI (the other too) because my prank you guys get stressed, and clustering that thread.

Again my deep apologies, and so i will accepting any punishment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back