• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports - 51

Status
Not open for further replies.
"He just isn't a good influence" isn't really grounds for a warning though.

You need to report new bad behavior as proof that he "still didn't learn" and then we act accordingly. That's how it works.

I get many here don't have a high opinion of Regis, but let's not try to cop him out without linking to actual posts of his, please.

Andytrenom said:
https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/3118040
This is the thread I myself was referring to btw
Regis accuses Matt of not knowing material, and just frequently mentions wanking, which IDK if we've actually classified as an insult, but trust me, is not unique to Regis and not used most frequently by Regis.
Lotus straight-up calls Regis dumb in the thread. I'm amazed we're picking out Regis' behavior when the worst thing he does is question someone's knowlege on a series.

Perhaps a 1 year long ban would be fine? A 3 month or 6 month ban may be too soft in this situation.

I am neutral, but will abide by what the staff think is best.

@Dargoo You may have a point. Although beginning a discussion by dubbing the opposition's points as wank is still not the best thing to do.

I also did warn Lotus so it's not exactly singling out Regi's behavior

I'm not sure why calling out incredibly dubious claims and general lack of knowledge is something worse than straight up making such claims without any solid evidence or explanations.

Zark2099 said:
Who is Regis being hostile to in that post?

He's criticizing staff activities while using vulgar language that isn't directed at any specific individual or group.

I get you shouldn't post that kind of stuff on RVT, but that's derailing, not "needless hostility".

I also get critizing staff activites can also be another rule violation (although it's more directed at new users). It's just a poor time and place to do it.

Andytrenom said:
@Dargoo You may have a point. Although beginning a discussion by dubbing the opposition's points as wank is still not the best thing to do.
That's fair.

To be also fair, it's not as if he's calling the opponent's points wank and leaving it at that; he's still making arguments and providing quotes to try and demonstrate points.

Again though I don't think we have a precedent on "wank"; most of the times I see us punish someone for using it it's usually in tandem with personal insults or other rules being broken.

@Andy

It seems everyone was being antagonistic in that Fate thread.

Of note, even Matthew himself outright and explicitly calls two users shitty in a public thread.

Regis' behavior seems antagonistic with the reading comprehension jab, but in-context it seems everyone was being hostile in this thread and considering Matthew closed it right after directly insulting two users rather than dealing with it via proper channels, it would seem suspect to punish one of the users in question for their 'behavior' but not do anything toward the Staff member who responded even worse than the allegations in place against the user, no?

@Dargoo Yeah, the behavior may paint a bad picture of Regi given his prior history, but I guess it itself isn't actionworthy.

I suppose that no actions seem necessary towards Regis for this incident then, but given his history he still has to make an effort to be polite in the future.

I would rather, if we ban Regis, it be for something that is actually against the rules, versus general "impoliteness".

Dargoo Faust said:
Which one did he ignore?
The numerous warnings hes received over the years regarding shaping up his attitude and stosp insulting and being iverall extremely rude to anyone who disagrees with him. After this last ban was lifted he received a final warning to shape up or he would be banned again which he has once again ignored.

What insults did Regis make in that thread? We established "wanking" isn't an insult and outside of that he only accused someone of not knowing someting about a verse/not reading a specific material.

If he isn't doing any behavior that breaks any given rules, how is he not "shaping up his attitude" any more than other users who don't break the rules?

The warnings wrote that he needs to "stop being overall extremely rude"? Weren't the warnings regarding him actually breaking the rules, since we established "rudeness" without context isn't rule-breaking?

Can you also link the specific warnings he violated if any?

WeeklyBattles said:
https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/2808336?useskin=oasisHere is the thread where ant gave regis' final warning
I can't find Ant's warning to Regis on that thread, which comment was it specifically?

From what I read (I read every mention of "Regis" on that thread) Ant was mostly commenting on how Regis "destabilizes the wiki" without much more context, which doesn't tell me Regis violated some warning.

Well, I am neutral again then. I am not sure what the best approach is here, and am too distracted by many tasks to devote enough energy and focus towards the issue.

This whole thing does come off as a witch-hunt, if you ask me. While Regis was being pretty rude, it's not exactly block-worthy.

Btw TedBundy42 recently posted a message here, which while not bad on its own was highly suspicious due to being the 2nd ever contribution of someone who joined less than an hour ago.

He was banned by me.

All that we're doing by not taking any action against regis is encouraging him and others like him by saying that its okay to be as rude and insulting as you want because all youll do is get warnings and nothing else.

@Weekly That legit feels like nothing more than an attempt to pressure someone into a decision. Is his actions simply being deemed forgievable this time around too much for you to accept?

After two years of nothing but the same thing, warnings to shape up fillowed by continued rude and insulting behavior and no signs of changing yes, it is far too much to accept

If no conclusion is going to happen any soon, I'm afraid that this issue should be taken to the Human Resources group.

Regis has been really annoying and often deliberately made the jobs of various staff members harder. And Antvasima has already given him multiple Final Warnings. He also does have an association with the same Discord group that systemically harassed the wiki, bigoted people among other things. And tried to argue they all did nothing wrong. And he's also spammed the Rule Violations thread with nonsense. I agree the reasoning should be more detailed and elaborate, but a year long block seems justified to me.

Again, I think you guys missed the point of Dargoo's argument: it's not that we shouldn't ban him for what he's done, it's that we should actually wait until he commits a legitimate banable offense before we take action.

I don't think anybody is arguing against that one more legitimate violation and he's out.

I'm getting a lot of notifications that consist of staff using the RVT to air their biases about a single user due to this issue.

This really should be its own thread at this point I believe. There are hugely presumptuous allegations being thrown out to justify a witch hunt.

Make a staff only thread or use walls I say.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Regis has been really annoying and often deliberately made the jobs of various staff members harder. And Antvasima has already given him multiple Final Warnings. He also does have an association with the same Discord group that systemically harassed the wiki, bigoted people among other things. And tried to argue they all did nothing wrong. And he's also spammed the Rule Violations thread with nonsense. I agree the reasoning should be more detailed and elaborate, but a year long block seems justified to me.
This.

Not saying a perma ban should be given in the slightest or anything like that, but Regis has always come off as antagonistic ever since that huge spiral of chaos from the discord-banning situation. If he's associated with them, and has very negative feelings towards the staff and how things on the site work here, then why is even still here?

While a more detailed and elaborate justification is needed, I too see a year long block as justifiable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back