• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports - 49

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like DDM's already sorta midway through dealing with that issue.

A warning instruction to tone down the hostility seems enough. It is definitely not ban-worthy in itself.

Just because we've seen worse doesn't mean blatant hostility against the site is any better now.It wasn't a one time thing either, he consistently resorted to insults when things weren't going his way.

If you want to leave it to DDM that's fine, but this really isn't a situation that should just be ignored.

Andytrenom said:
Just because we've seen worse doesn't mean blatant hostility against the site is any better now.It wasn't a one time thing either, he consistently resorted to insults when things weren't going his way.

If you want to leave it to DDM that's fine, but this really isn't a situation that should just be ignored.
If he consistently resorts to insults, that is obviously a very different issue. I just thought that it was a one-time "you all suck" kind of statement.

@Andy Oh I just read your last reply I thought you say that we "should ignore him" and not "this shouldn't be ignored".

But anyway i'm not really in a good mood right now to talk about ban or not but I think someone should keep an eye on him.

Well, I suppose that a ban seems warranted then. He doesn't seem to have any interest in being a productive member.

For how long should it be though?

Actually, forget that for a second. I'm starting to have the suspicion that Earthy may be a Awsometime sock

Badmouthing the wiki specifically as your first contributions is a tell tell sign of sockpuppeting

He also brought up that member in DDm's wall saying he was his fruend. I am not sure if he's telling the truth here or just trying to hide his identity.

What is everyone else's opinion?

Antvasima said:
Well, I suppose that a ban seems warranted then. He doesn't seem to have any interest in being a productive member.
He creates an account and starts bashing the wikia and its staff literally the very next day in what is clearly a troll thread. He clearly doesn't want to be a productive member.

I suggest giving him a strict warning to see how he responds. If the response is hostile and unapologetic, then a minimum one month ban (that's more than enough time to cool down).

I made my previous comment before seeing this.

If this guy is a sock or has connections to a well known past troublemaker, then we have to consider a lengthy or even permanent ban.

Well the phone I'm using is about to die soon and I have a Uni interview soon, so would you mind taking care of it for me? @Blue

Othrwise i would just give him the warning later.

A month-long ban seems fine to me. Possibly longer.

His first thread was a Sonic thread (IIRC Awsometime was also banned for his behavior in a Sonic thread) in which he insults the wiki, then mentiones that Awsometime is his friend.

That's suspicious. I'd recommend a longer ban.

EDIT: Didn't see ShadowWarrior's comment. If it's unclear then probably a month seems fine to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back