• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports - 48

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should to decide in a CRT whether it should degoraty or not. I am busy for now but I am thinking of making it later.

It does not seem necessary, no.

We should drop this subject.

>Over 40 comments over something like this

Guys, this is RVRT. Just report a user and you shouldn't require more than a 1-2 comments to explain your report. No need for everyone to argue back and forth repeating the same arguments. The staff will evaluate it as they see fit and reach a proper conclusion. This kind of report should not have spanned more than 5 comments tbh.

~drops the subject~

I'd like to say that I don't really think calling something "wanked" or someone a "wanker" is a big deal. It is an extremely light insult, specially in the context of debating, and it's mostly used in a jokeful manner.

British and Australian people in particular don't find it that big a deal either, from what I see. It's light enough to show up in the dub of Dragon Ball Z.

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/2904278#249

So after a month long ban, Regis has come back and not changed in any way, continuing to throw around insults at anyone who disagrees with him on the same day he was unbanned and is continuing to do so even after he was warned by both Assalt and Matt to stop on the same day that he came back.

WeeklyBattles said:
https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/2904278#248

So after a month long ban, Regis has come back and not changed in any way, continuing to throw around insults at anyone who disagrees with him on the same day he was unbanned and is continuing to do so even after he was warned by both Assalt and Matt to stop on the same day that he came back.
After the Assalt/Matt warning the only offense that I saw was him saying you were "making up fanfiction". He has in the past hour asked me if a few things are good to say, but he still obviously has a very toxic attitude towards you, assuming the worst from your actions.

idk if he will shape up from Assalt/Matt's warnings, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

In the past hour alone he has accused me of making up fanfiction to justify ratings, accused me of lying/making up information four times because i made a counterargument, and accused all admins of being liars.

This is not including anything from yesterday.

He has not gotten any better.

Jesus ******* Christ this will literally never end

After reading most of that thread again, i can agree with either a much, much longer ban or a permaban

WeeklyBattles said:
In the past hour alone he has accused me of making up fanfiction to justify ratings, accused me of lying/making up information four times because i made a counterargument, and accused all admins of being liars.

This is not including anything from yesterday.

He has not gotten any better.
Rereading the posts from after Assalt/Matt's warning, Regis' infractions have been in the past 2 hours. Accusing you of making up fanfiction, saying you're showing "dishonest debating at its finest", and asking if admins are allowed to lie. I don't think it quite happened four times.

I think you're exaggerating a little bit here, he didn't say "All admins are liars", he said "So are admins allowed to lie about things blatantly contradicted by fact checking?" Still a shitty thing to say but I think you're stretching the truth a little.

While I usually don't agree with judging by past behaviors, given how often this has happened and given it's been less than a week, I honestly think another punishment is in order.

sigh

@Agnaa I can give you the exact times he said them because i counted and he did in fact say it four times

Weekly exaggerating your reasons for wanting him reported ( and i have no doubt you just want him banned) doesn't help you at all.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Agnaa I can give you the exact times he said them because i counted and he did in fact say it four times
I wasn't keeping accurate count, so I'll trust your judgement on this part.

Given how Regis's infractions seem to be entirely against Weekly, I'd support a year-long ban on Regis participating in any thread about a verse Weekly works on. Similar to what we did for Firephoenixearl and Medaka Box.

If he can't follow that, then just block him.

I suggested something like that couple weeks ago for a different situation but it got rejected due to how there can be some cases where they both would want to contribute in the same thread.

I like the idea but I'm not sure they will be pleased with that.

MYHERO said:
I suggested something like that to couple of weeks ago but it got rejected due to how there can be some cases where they both would want to contribute in the same thread.
If they both want to contribute, too bad for Regis, he's the one breaking the rules. Obviously if Weekly starts making 1 post or edit in very single verse that Regis shows any interest in that'd obviously be in bad faith, but that's really easy to spot and I don't think it's going to happen.

I think this is being portrayed in a extremely one sided and bias way. firstly the discussion was relatively mild and sensible, until weeklys comment: truly escalated the situation

"So your first day back from being banned ant the first thing you decide to do is ignore how powerscaling works and flat out ignore feats and accuse us of making up scaling just because you dont like them" ~Weekly

Regis actually handled this comment fairly well. he didn't get mad or post any insults, he calmly and logically explained his reasoning. which got this response from weekly:

Except they do have sufficient evidence and logical scaling, as evidenced by the threads that hashed out said evidence and scaling and the people who have agreed that said evidence and scaling is sufficient

You ignoring the numerous feats the characters have =/= they have no feats. ~Weekly

Weekly is now DIRECTLY accusing regis of ignoring information (roundabout way of saying hes lying, mind you) and clearly is the agitator in this entire discussion.

Regis simply replies asking for the evidence and what does he get?

That's awfully presumptuous of you to say Regis

Frankly pretty unsubstantiated as well given the extensive conversations and debates that were had between everyone who worked on setting the scaling straight

Though i guess its to be expected of you to simply handwave and ignore the opinions of everyone who agrees with something you choose to not agree with~weekly

Like, are you ******* joking? we are reporting regis instead of weekly right now? Regis has been the FAR more respectable and calm headed user in this entire ******* discussion and you sheeple and staff who clearly have agendas, bandwagoners jumping on without knowing or reading shit, bias against regis, or bias for weekly, ignore this and continue to blame regis for the entire situation. its amazing but at the same time it is to be expected.

And by God, how many times has weekly been toxic in threads, been reported, and not once, NOT ONCE has anything happened outside of "we will take this discussion private" then never hear or see of any consequences. everyone apparently develops convenient amnesia and forgets the entire thing, and repeat ad infinity to today

Weeklys comments as so toxic that I don't want to go further down this thread again rereading all this, it sincerely pisses me off and even more so that I have to type this.

I would say i'm amazed that no one has even bothered to look at both sides of the argument, but i'm not. one is a staff member with clout and friends in high places and another is a blue user who has issues with staff. guess who gets the favourable view.

This honestly looks like a conspiracy to first bait regis into a flamatory argument and then ban him and blame him for the entire thing.

Okay so the 2 options we've got right now; are a longer ban, and banning Weekly and Regis from participating in the same threads. What does everyone else think we should do?

@Gilga People, including other admins, have already looked at everything i said in that same thread, not sure why youre bringing it up a second time

Also really? Trying to spin Regis being toxic into a conspiracy about admin abuse? Cmon you guys are better than this.

@Gilga Not sure if you were here when it happened but i was publicly chastised and nearly demoted by the entire wiki a while back. You know what happened? I changed. I got better. I learned from my mistakes. Something that regis has not done.

@Yobo its not a misunderstanding, its a toxic user being toxic once again immediately after coming off of a month long ban that happened because he was being toxic and had a long standing history of being toxic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back