• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports - 48

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright. I will give him a warning.

Actually, the user in questio also went on a rant against the wiki

(Then again, VSB is largely uncredible anyway so idk why I care much. No inaccessible speed tier, Minecraft steve at 7B, Mario not even at HCM, allowing ******* "omnipotent" characters for years.)

when someone deleted the Francis of Filth page (the one he made).

This is somewhat of a repeated behaviour for him tbh, so he isn't exactly clean handed. Ban might be justifiable idk.

Assaltwaffle said:
@Zark

That's not that bad of a rant. If we banned people for having negative opinions of the Wiki that would make us look terrible.

Point being, the user has a past history of bringing up irrelevant and hostile fallacies when his arguments fail, and continues to do so.

I assume this type of behaviour is somewhat inacceptable in a debate site, and may be borderline flamebait trolling.

I'm not staff tho, whatevs.

Hmm. I banned Piccolo for vandalism before seeing his post. How do other staff members think that we should handle this?

Antvasima said:
Hmm. I banned Piccolo for vandalism before seeing his post. How do other staff members think that we should handle this?
Give him a second chance. It seems innocent, even though the actions aren't acceptable.

If you decide to give him a second chance he should still be given a stern warning that vandalism isn't funny or acceptable.

For the record, I agree with Zark that these types of members are just causing damage to the wiki work environment by being allowed to stay here.

Antvasima said:
For the record, I agree with Zark that these types of members are just causing damage to the wiki work environment by being allowed to stay here.
I agree. Also, regarding the staffs' insults point, we do have this Site Rules:

• That said, we must also have the right to defend ourselves within our own borders. As such, everybody who visit this wiki strictly to attack us, or try to dismantle our tiering system, are categorically permanently banned from our community.
So, I am not against banning any members who violate this rule above and we had members banned for violating this rule like Naruto-debater123, and many others.

Well, for the record, I am mentally exhausted and overworked to the point of almost falling over at the moment, so my sense of judgement is worse than usual and I am more irritable as well. That said, I do think that our ability to enforce order and a stable work environment have worsened, but my current solutions and conclusions may not be the best.

Antvasima said:
Well, for the record, I am mentally exhausted and overworked to the point of almost falling over at the moment, so my sense of judgement is worse than usual and I am more irritable as well. That said, I do think that our ability to enforce order and a stable work environment have worsened, but my current solutions and conclusions may not be the best.
No worry, Antvasima, I think we, at least the staffs, will try or best to help you with the proper jugdmentsƒæì

Okay. Thank you for the help.

I still haven't properly mentally processed the above situation, and remain very tired, but I just want to apologise to any members that I have offended, especially Andytrenom and MYHERO. Social skills are not my strong area, and I also had a 16 hour work day yesterday, which is too much even for me, so my sense of judgement was not very good as a result.

I am just worried that we are turning so lenient with attacks against our staff and community that it will create a bad work environment for us long term, but then I ironically went and contributed to that myself instead.

Antvasima said:
I am just worried that we are turning so lenient with attacks against our staff and community that it will create a bad work environment for us long term...
I do believe that our rule should be enforced further as well. If there is an issue with the rule, we could always have a staff thread like done in the past to change them.

Antvasima said:
I still haven't properly mentally processed the above situation, and remain very tired, but I just want to apologise to any members that I have offended, especially Andytrenom and MYHERO. Social skills are not my strong area, and I also had a 16 hour work day yesterday, which is too much even for me, so my sense of judgement was not very good as a result.
I am just worried that we are turning so lenient with attacks against our staff and community that it will create a bad work environment for us long term, but then I ironically went and contributed to that myself instead.
Jesus... I'm incredibly sorry to hear that. I don't even know how you're physically capable of withstanding that level of work. I truly hope that things get easier for you in the future.

I've closed the thread. The user in question is new and probably was unaware of the site rules.

I can drop by his message wall and leave a light warning to not repeat it in the future and read the rules first.

A light warning is probably good, yes.

I know this isn't report worthy but people have been leaking Avengers Endgame scenes. I didn't even know there were any since I've been avoiding potential leaks. And I come here and see them.

I'm ******* pissed. Can you guys remove them please?

Bro. In the recent wiki activity it shows the picture and some of the comments. And I'm certain there is spoiler tags. You can at least tell them to use it.

You can do it yourself because it has nothing to do with the wiki's rules.

Tell to whoever is doing that "Guys please use spoiler tags if you are linking Endgame leaks, I want to avoid spoilers"

Really? You told me not to go on the thread if I don't want spoilers and then proceed to tell me to go in it to tell them which would result in me seeing them.

Thanks for the help.

I mean you kind of have to avoid the inernet in general if you want to avoid endgame spoilers. It's not a banable offense nor is there anything mods can do to enforce it even if they wanted to. Will you be asking facebook to ban users who are sharing endgame spoilers?

You can post a message on their wall, I assume that you know who's doing that.

Also, can you tone down the hostility? Because i'm indeed trying to help you, and that attitude is not necessary

I'm sorry but I kind of agree with Aern, there should probably be some form of ban on endgame spoilers until the movie is actually released worldwide

It may be the studio trolling the fans with false clues as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back