• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports - 48

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clearly however, he was not the most toxic in that thread.

We just reprimanded Velox for saying something similar, so if we suddenly change opinions on past actions there's a clear double standard.

For the sake of dodging hypocrisy, my response to Weekly is going to remain the same as my response to Velox. However, I'm going to encourage other members not to throw around conspiracy accusations, this issue is petty enough as is.

Velox's comments were a lot worse, also Staff offenses are supposed to be dealt with by the human rights resources group so talking about them here isn't a good idea. In fact it's exactly what's not supposed to be done.

"I'd love to since the scaling and lack of evidence suggests that most people didn't actually read through and double check anything Weekly posted and so allowed him to make give unsupported ratings and bad scaling."

"It's also amusing that you seem to think a bunch of circular scaling is reasonable when what was being removed also had a bunch of circular scaling. Always nice to see staff handwave off petty things like evidence and logic for personal preferences. Really shows off the objective standards applied to the verse."

"I'm not sure how circular scaling, lack of evidence and explanations in a lot of the changes, especially regarding champions no one discussed in the threads is something to be proud of, unless you like to be a terrible editor of this wiki."

"The fact that nothing supports all fodder being subsonic, rendering your theory invalid? You do need to prove these things, not just hope that they get accepted because of your say so. Add on the facts that stuff like the above 3 champions not actually doing anything that warrants scaling between them and it's a fine mess. So staff members are fine when they act like that? Good to know."

"This is not evidence, it is making up fanfiction to justify ratings."

"Let's see, a paragraph from a story not on Universe (aka non-canon) which even the LoL wiki agrees with and has such classed it under "Old lore". Dishonest debating at its finest right here, claiming to use canon lore when it's actually old, outdated lore."

"2nd and 3rd paragraphs make no mentions of her fighting both Noxians or the Order of Shadows, which what you put as reasons for scaling. So are admins allowed to lie about things blatantly contradicted by fact checking?"

"Except you are conveniently leaving out the fact that it's not on Universe, which is where canon stories are. So you use the LoL wiki, but somehow disagree with both it and Riot that the story is non-canon. This is dishonesty at its finest, when anyone can easily check and see the lie."

"There isn't a lot of canon stuff not on Universe or Maps. This is just making stuff up once again."

Yet somehow im being considered the toxic one

Can everyone just stuff this witch hunt bullshit back up their ass where it came from? Weekly, I don't doubt your honest intentions here (for once, I know you and I don't have the best history but I'll trust you on this one) but being a sarcastic dick isn't a crime. You've done it, I've done it, we've all done it at some point on this site. The only reason I'm considering this is because he's done this before and been banned for it. He should probably be banned from any verse Weekly works on as a compromise. If he goes right back to his old ways when the ban is up, we drop the ban hammer.

Gilga, I know I defended you when you first got reported but your little outburst has led me to rethink that. Either get your head out of your ass and start behaving or face the banhammer again, your choice.

Honestly, there's something about the rule violations report board that turns everyone into squabbling children. I think some of us need to just take a step back from our computers, take a deep breath, and have a civil conversation like rational adults. This isn't politics, it's "this fictional comic book character against this anime waifu". Take breaks f you need to guys, there's no excuse for toxicity.

Also, I'm irritated that I defended Gilga and argued to give her shot earlier and she seems intent on proving me wrong on that. Maybe I was a bit harsh. It's late where I am, I think I'll head to bed.

My last take tonight is this, I agree with the idea that we ban him from discussions revolving around Weekly's verses for a while and see what happens. If he goes right back to the way he was before, ban him.

Yobo Blue said:
Yeah, can we stop with the anti-Staff shenanigans? At worst there are some unintentional double standards that need resolving, not some evil plot to 1984 this wiki or anything.
If they stop with the clear anti-commom member shenanigans, everyone will stop.

When they use their position as staff to get away with doing worse than the blue name, which happened a lot before and still happening, I can't see how thats not "anti-blue name"

We really doing this again

My take on this (and my only comment, since I want to sleep)

Once again, the Regis issue can't happen without weekly/Matt, and weekly's actions definitely did not help. Regis already got a final warning, from me no less, so being lenient sends the wrong message, but could you not have waited for him to say something actually blatantly bad if you're trying to get him banned? It's already a weird case Beth him only causing issues with 2 users and being fine with most everyone else, if you're trying to report him properly and get him banned at least find something juicy to conclusively get him done in for and not some minor insult you should have learned how to ignore back in elementary school. I honestly don't know what to do here. The transgression was relatively minor and asking agnaa to read his comments beforehand is a good showing of faith, but he's gotten earned time and time again and this shit needs to ******* stop. It is absurd that you guys can't play nice on the forums for every single interaction and drag half the site into it as well. Something needs to change. Regis shouldn't get off totally Scot free after the warnings hes already gotten, but if you want to get him banned can you at least do it right so we don't get into these arguments when you report on weak comments?

As for the whole gilga thing: if you have conclusive proof or whatever, PM one of the HR admins. That's the easiest way to get anything done that will be done, and people will take your more seriously if you take it to the legitimate channels instead of trying to drag it out in the RVTs.

The problem with Regis isn't that he just hard breaks rules, but rather he is perpetually toxic and hostile. He just doesn't have any interest in being friendly or even manageable in threads he participates in if someone has a dissenting opinion. He doesn't handle disagreement and potentially unjustified reasoning well at all. Regardless of the validity of Weekly's claims or anyone else's, the fact that he instantly goes for personal attacks and turns the thread into a toxic wasteland is telling.

Despite Friendly and Agnaa both consistently disagreeing in the LoL thread, such toxicity never broke out until within hours of Regis' reappearance. That's the problem.

>Once again, the Regis issue can't happen without weekly/Matt

Overtly false. I addressed him and got a similarly hostile response.

After reading through the LoL thread where this escalated, I 100% agree with Assaults stance on this.

Thats the only thing im going to comment on though.

I personally think that The Wright Way is correct about that we need to drop the squabbling in these threads over what should be non-controversial issues.

I also think that Wokistan is correct about that Regis has been repeatedly toxic in general (and he was a part of the now mostly banned Discord group that was destabilising the wiki), but that what was quoted by Weekly isn't enough for a ban in itself, or even very offensive, so you should probably have waited for something more severe.

I also think that Weekly has tried to shape up and was not doing anything noteworthy in Gilga's quotes, much less anything worthy of assigning conspiracy-theories about the staff. If you know of any genuine problem with him, take it up with the HR group. I am good at perfectionistic organisation, not at solving interpersonal community drama.

However, Assaltwaffle also makes a good point in that Regis will likely continue to turn several of the threads that he participates in toxic, and that he is a repeat offender, so I am not sure how to handle this.

Obviously it is just a guess, but based on your contributions on this wiki it doesn't seem unreasonable. Constantly accusing other members of stuff like making up information yada yada doesn't put yourself in a good position.

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
Obviously it is just a guess, but based on your contributions on this wiki it doesn't seem unreasonable. Constantly accusing other members of stuff like making up information yada yada doesn't put yourself in a good position.
It is unreasonable if you are guessing unnecessarily about what I may do. I could just as well guess that you too want to see me banned for personal reasons and would not be commenting otherwise, going by several posts of you occasionally commenting in verses I follow that you are not knowledgeable in just to support Weekly, but is that a fair thing to say? I would think not. So try not to post stuff like that as it is very much a bait comment.

>I could just as well guess that you too want to see me banned for personal reasons and would not be commenting otherwise

I wouldn't care, nor would I think it's rule-breaking. Moreover that was just one last sentence of my post. My main point was you currently are already hostile towards other members, at least Assaltwaffle also feels so.

Except its not unreasonable if that mentality or line of thinking is based off past offenses that are consistently recent issues. Which is what is being dealt with here. If someone is known for doing x in the past on multiple to numerous occasions that have brought up issues, and then they are called out for it recently for doing it yet again after not shaping up, the impression that they leave is that they are most likely going to do it again in the future as well. Even if apologizing afterward, because thats the message they are sending. That sometimes, they can be some of the biggest assholes and people will see them as that kind of person.

Not saying that it means your 100% a lost cause, because improvement can still happen, but it means that its very unlikely that improvement will come. You cannot blame someone for thinking one way of someone else when that someone consistently gives a negative impression of themselves to people.

This thread is at a risk of severely derailing. We need more staff input regarding whether or not we should ban Regis again. The regular users should preferably stay out of the discussion in order to avoid any further drama.

Sorry, just giving in a little bit of my 2 cents. Ant is completely right.

Another thread about this should be made or a private discussion about this between Staff and Regis included, on-site or off site.

Matthew has been of extreme benefit for the improvement of this wiki, and Weekly has worked very hard to be of help. They have also worked very hard to restrain themselves in their responses despite being continuously attacked and provoked. The coordinated attacks and hostility against them have to stop permanently.

Also, I told people to stop derailing this, especially into some type of conspiratorial attack on the staff in general. I will have to start removing posts if it continues.

Just to clarify, I think that both Regis and Gilga seem to be toxic influences in this wiki that create a worse work environment for the staff. In addition, I think that both of them have been banned for this in the past. The question is to what degree we should take preventive actions. Further staff input would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back