• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports - 44

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Lorenzo, could you please stop derailing the Rule Violation Thread? You've been told countless times to stop constantly posting side conversations. And even responding to those people here instead of on message walls is derailing.

Anyway, what Chartate said sounds permaban worthy. Comments like "F*** You" are basically the definition of harassment and same with calling someone "Piece of ****". Not to mention there's way too much misinformation he spreaded about what the actual group is about, but that's off topic. No group should ever be persecuted; Regardless of, ethnicity, gender, religion, Transgenderism, sexual orientation, age, mental and/or physical condition ect. That's like Fandom's #1 rule and rightfully so.

If anybody is interested in the report about Christian persecution, I linked to it in the thread in question.

However, again, this was definitely not to belittle the persecution of any other group.

Anyway, since Chartate101 is mad at me, it would probably be best if somebody else in the staff acts as mediator with him.

@Medeus

I am uncertain. I think that he overreacted, but it seems to stem from feeling like I didn't care about that his group is also persecuted across part of the world, which is not the case.

Ant, I don't think he's quite as "well behaved" as we're making him out to be. Literally just go to his message wall and 4 out of the 6 posts on there are about problems he's had with other users. Including Davidliteral, Udlmaster, Antvasima (Hey it's you!), and to a lesser extent TheDarkSide857.

Hmm. I didn't remember that.

Even so, it feels wrong to instantly ban him without clearing up the misunderstanding.

I think a ban is appropriate, maybe not a permanent one, but a ban nonetheless. If he wants to explain himself somewhere else like ff.net or something I'd be fine with that, but it's clear he's had some deep seated anger issues for some time now and we shouldn't just let him back without some promise or guarantee that we can avoid this situation in the future.

Other than DavidLiteral, I didn't see much "Problem" on his message wall. Mostly just reminders and/or clarifications. However, I too remember Chartate having a history of being aggressive and cussing at people who disagree with him and all that. Maybe not permaban worthy, but I suppose DragonMaster's year long block seems appropriate. Though, if he needs to, it wouldn't be a bad idea for him to PM a Human Resource group.

Looking at the thread and his most recent message on his wall (though im not sure of the context), it seems like one of those people who takes what some people say and turns it into a way bigger deal than it is as if he is being directly discriminated. Hard to say if that is completely true or whether he does it on purpose or is just sensitive about certain topics. But behaviour like that is unacceptable regardless.

However a year ban is a bit to long for someone who has only done this on very few occasions. I suggest 1 to 3 months would be a more reasonable ban to see if he will clear up his behaviour after. If he tries to appeal in a reasonable manner then perhaps remove the ban and leave a warning on his wall.

David was definitely the worst, but that doesn't necessarily discount the other ones, accusing Udl of derailment and likely causing an argument with him (and we know how Udl can get sometimes, see above.) Ant's was just a reminder, granted, and DarkSide and Chartate's argument looks like it had to be taken off whatever thread they were on and to his message wall. It's not like the WORST I've ever seen, but it's clear he has some issues that need to be worked out, and this is not the place to just explode and get into constant arguments.

So should I reduce the ban to 3 months instead?

Hmmm I guess that would be fine with me. We should also watch carefully for if and how he tries to appeal the ban though. Like I said, he's clearly got some issues that need to be worked out. And I don't think this'd be the place to do that.

He seems to have pretty strong feelings for the site in a good way, given his first post and the context behind it. It seems to be like patriotism, but in the extremism form of it. I'm unsure as well.

Neither acc seems to be blocked, so just tell him that multiple accounts aren't allowed.

Reporting this user: BlackDarkness679

For his behavior in this thread. He acted very hostile to everyone who disagreed with him and went as far as badmouthing the wiki for the arguments being made. I think a warning would suffice.

I think that Kalahari can get away wih a strict warning. He hasn't done anything particularly bad.

I agree with Wokistan about Minh. From what I recall, he is a harmless and constructive member, and the new account is blatant, not an attempt to trick anybody that he is different people.

Just ban the second, barely used, account without using the IP block option.

Is some other staff member willing to give BlackDarkness679 a warning, after first checking up if it is warranted?

That doesn't seem like a reportabe offense, it just seems that absent minded-ness.

No rules broken really.

SomebodyData said:
@Matt Since you blocked Kyle, I need to ask, does this user seem like a sock? I find the immediate insert to the same topics and same threads suspect given the user came just 11 days after the ban.
Here was the message where he was brought up. You responded to this message saying, "I think he is most likely a sock". He has tried to contact you on the Marvel Answers wiki, but you and SomebodyData concluded that it was too weird that he knew how to find you, and refused to unblock him. Here he is again

Yeah, I think we agreed that he's a Mik sock given he necro'd a thread Kyle made and using the blog Rapid made as evidence.

I gave BlackDarkness679 a warning, and he responded by saying he doesn't care. Where you should we go from here?

It is probably better if staff members handle the warnings.

@Yobo

I think you're correct in being thin-skinned there, dude. Agree or disagree with his points, he wasn't too condescending and didn't make personal attacks. The only remark that I'd even say "hey take it easy" to is the denial bit, but that isn't worth a formal warning. Many many users have said worse than that; it's no big deal. I'll just tell him to reel it back a bit in the thread itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back