• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports - 36

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, if the only similarity is having a similar name to a user whose name stems from a relatively well known anime I think we shouldn't be jumping to conclusions.

Insulting people is only worth a chat ban, so I have unblocked him until more evidence arrives.

I don't get why all of these people are so upset or possibly obsessed with me. I haven't done anything bad to them, and am basically harmless.

I have never claimed to always be right or have a very good sense of judgement, generally leave deciding the statistics to others, and am mostly just working very hard to help other people in this community and to help organise the growth of something that hundreds of thousands of people can enjoy.

I wish that they could just leave me alone. I am depressed and overworked enough without their help to worsen it.

Kepekley23 said:
Well, if the only similarity is having a similar name to a user whose name stems from a relatively well known anime I think we shouldn't be jumping to conclusions.
Insulting people is only worth a chat ban, so I have unblocked him until more evidence arrives.
Yeah, that's what I said. Let's wait for more evidence before we going to block him.

Community Central apparently gave him a permanent chat block for being a sockpuppet though.

Ant, you are basically the face of this site's staff. When they throw dirt on you, they throw dirt on the entire administration and everyone here. It's as simple as that. They don't care about anything other than causing as much grief and discord as they possibly can.

Kepekley23 said:
using the same way to generate edits like unite my rice 2

and has previously been banned for posting inappropriate images

@Crabwhale

But if they dislike our statistics it doesn't make any sense to constantly attack me for it. Deciding them is a community effort that I am only marginally involved in, and they could just create content revision threads instead if they have a good argument and can provide evidence.

With the exception of Marvel Comics (which seems stuck due to lack of active staff members who are sufficiently knowledgeable about it, and its general confusing extreme inconsistency) we generally tend to revise things constantly, so it isn't like we don't listen to people.

Antvasima said:
@Crabwhale
But if they dislike our statistics it doesn't make any sense to constantly attack me for it. Deciding them is a community effort that I am only marginally involved in, and they could just create content revision threads instead if they have a good argument and can provide evidence.
it's just how haters are, for example alot of peeps dont like how Lucasfilm is treating star wars so they constantly blame Kathleen Kennedy despite her not being involved with every little thing

You know more than anyone, that you aren't to supposed to discuss that here Ant...

@ Andy

Yes, I was about to say, maybe it's best that this isn't discussed here.

@Shadowbokunohero

Well, it still seems irrational to me. It isn't like I am some kind of emperor of this wiki. We decide things by staff and community consensus. I do work hardest and am trying to keep everything organised, but that's it.

@Andytrenom

My apologies. I am just very tired, stressed out, and frustrated in general.

It's ok Ant, everybody needs to vent sooner or later. Considering how much shit these people put you through all these years, it's amazing you've stuck to your guns for as long as this.

But yeah, Kepekley is probably right, this thread is being derailed to Hell and back.

@Ant

Because they are illogical, it's easier to hate something with a face and a name than a system. i know how you feel and me simply saying to ignore them wont help but just remember that they dont matter and they never will. they are irrelevant to the wiki at large and will never take away your importance to the wiki.

Ant, you don't need to take them seriously. People also talk bad about other staff members. It's just that you are the face of this wiki, so you face the brunt of it. No matter what, some people are always gonna hate this site and they are gonna target the main face here. It is a given and comes with the job description. Just ignore it.

Okay. I will try. I was referring to the troll group harrassment as a whole though. There has been a staggering amount of it.

I'm sorry but, how are people able to do that? I thought you can't make a username that's too similar to an already existing one, especially if it's derogatory or too close to the name of a banned member. So how is it that we keep getting trolls with names like both derogatory and too similar to already existing names? Are those guidelines only far if you want to change your name rather than for the first time?

I have already left a message about one of his previous characters and added another for the Goku page. I am hoping he responds so everything can be worked out.

I had a question regarding Velox. Doesn't the new filter stops you when you try to post the N-word, even if you are just quoting someone?

The incident with Velox happened in chat, a screenshot of which was posted in the last RV thread.

So, the filter does stop you, but the filter doesn't work in chat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back