• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports - 32

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can somebody explain the context better please?

The description for Hazel Rainart's Electricty Dust power had inaccurate wording so i fixed it, an extremely minor change, which Professor believes is me deliberately manipulating the profiles for the sake of a versus thread

There was a character from a verse that Weekly is passionate about that had his profile say that he could electrocute his opponents on contact.

Weekly himself made arguments in the thread BASED on that description on the profile.

Once I convinced everyone the match was a stomp (including MonarchLaciel) he went back and editted the profile in order to remove the description, thus making the match less of a stomp.

I believe he should have made a CRT seeing as how it was a major issue in a highly debated thread, and how he literally used it in support of his arguments at the start of the thread. Instead he just changed it, and I believe he did it so his favorite verse would not lose.

EDIT: Here was the argument he made based on that description

WeeklyBattles said:
I mean...there's really not a lot Jotaro can actually do here. Hazel's semblance and stupidly good aura regen are a hard counter to SP's normal method of attacking, Aura blocks SP's intangibility and incorporeality and allows Hazel to damage SP, his mindset would be levelheaded due to Jotaro not being Ozpin, his punches dealing electricity damage on contact which (i think?) would also electrocute jotaro, etc.
Also, as for where Hazel lands tier-wise, he is stronger than Qrow.

It does not seem like it was a major change to the page that is something to make a big deal about, just like Weekly noticed a small error and corrected it.

That said, perhaps a CR thread would have been better, but mistakes happen. Weekly is generally well-behaved and trying to help out.

I suppose that reverting the edit and creating a CRT might be an idea, given the apparent controversy, but to call something like this an abuse of power is a massive exaggeration.

Yes, especially with complicated names.

I have blocked them and reported them to Fandom.

I'm reporting the user TheFinalOrder because frankly, I'm just tired of being nice and ignoring all the times he's been rude towards me.

To begin with, TFO's already admitted that he's been the sock of already perma-banned accounts called BarryAllen2.0 and Akirestu.

His Akiretsu account was already perma-banned for sockpuppets.

His BarryAllen2.0 account was already banned for and I quote verbatim: "Wanking Naruto, bad behavior, insulting religious beliefs, and extreme harassment. Sockpuppet of Akiretsu."

With his recent TheFinalOrder account he has repeatedly been rude towards me while I've generally never have once even thrown a swear his direction just out of kindness in me.

The first time was hostility towards me in an upgrade thread on 20:45, August 17, 2018. Ant agreed with me in that upgrade thread and eventually closed said thread; however, TFO continued to be rude towards me in a discussion thread on 15:57, August 18, 2018.

The second was ad-hominem attacks towards me involving another upgrade thread on 22:47, August 23, 2018. Just like the previous thread, Ant closed this one after my scans and reasonings were agreed upon, yet TFO still continued to be rude towards me in another discussion thread on 04:09, August 24, 2018.

Now recently he has once again been hostile towards me after I posted one comment with enough reasoning behind it that he didn't apparently like.

I'm tired of having to put up with this when I go out of my way to avoid altercations and even throwing swears at people I don't know. And this is a user with a history and previous multiple bans for breaking site rules.

Okay. I will ban him then.

Of the new reports, the only one which I would consider an actual insult is this:

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/1997707#205

Also, Ant, feels odd to ban him for past accounts seeing as you said this yourself:

"Well, since you are now a well-behaved member, I suppose that we might be able to make an exception."

He seems to have personal beef with IMade and is very argumentative towards Naruto, but I don't think it warrants a permanent ban.

That Guy has a pretty short fuse,and those are some serious prior bans "Wanking Naruto, bad behavior, insulting religious beliefs, and extreme harassment. Sockpuppet of Akiretsu."

Okay. I suppose that I will remove the block until this has been sorted out.

This is also a site rule that is heavily enforced and monitored.

"Using sock-puppet handles is strongly forbidden, especially to circumvent blocks. Doing so will result in the block duration being greatly increased for all of the relevant accounts."

As for the context of his prior banning,I do not know as I am new here.

I would have agreed on a lesser punishment if this wasn't the third time he would have been banned. And the prior bans were serious offenses, yet he did not let up on his own behavior nor improve himself.

TFO already shaped up,i didn't see he's insulting religious beliefs and has extreme harassment in these day,heck he already admit he's sock of Akiretsu but he can change,only against Naruto he become so hostile.

I have no idea when did he insult religious beliefs andhave extreme harassment. Seems pretty serious.

I do not think an infinite ban is neccessary. 1 month at most is enoughl

I agree with Matthew that TheFinalOrder's recent offences do not seem so bad, and that he voluntarily told us that he used a sockpuppet account, which I personally forgave him for.

Perhaps a strict warning to shape up or a 1 month block would be better?

The recent hostility against me wasn't even a Naruto thread. I made one comment with reasonings behind it and he immediately snapped at me. I wasn't even discussing the topic of the thread, I just provided reasoning and context to clear up a side issue that didn't even effect the topic.

Either way, it seems like a bad precedence to set that a user that was perma-banned for sock-puppets and then perma-banned for insulting religious beliefs, extreme harassment, known wanking and bad behavior is let off despite still continuing with bad behavior despite having been given multiple chances.

Ant did say he seems to have improved himself, yet every instance I linked above was after Ant had made those comments, showing he did not actually improve himself. And I know I'm not the only person he's snapped at since then, it's not a personal grudge against me.

Outside of overuse of profanity, Matt and Ant are correct in that there are very few direct insults among his examples.

I agree on a 1-2 month ban, as even though the violation is minimal, the violator in question is one who has a past of rule violations. Keep in mind, take away the context and a regular user would receive a warning from this.

A 1 month ban combined with a warning should probably be enough.

"Using sock-puppet handles is strongly forbidden, especially to circumvent blocks. Doing so will result in the block duration being greatly increased for all of the relevant accounts."

What is the purpose of the site rule if u can just keep coming back after 2 times perma-ban after perma-ban?

It was specifically decided that their case was an exception. I believe being lenient with people who are willing to improve themselves is more of a boon than it is a burden.

You can message me on my wall and we can discuss there if there is more to be said. Otherwise, let's drop this. I'll edit a link for other users on this comment to follow if more input is needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back