• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Report - VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is more like a unspoken rule if anything as there are rules that is not listed on this website as far as I can tell. However, @Sera, I think it is better to discuss on another thread than here as you shouldn't forget this is not a place of discussion.

I think SethTheProgrammer was a different guy? He's a relatively popular YouTuber whose spoken positively about our site. Anyway, disabling your account is not the same as being banned, unless Seth was actually banned in the first place.

From what i recall from last night the account SethTheProgrammer was made last night and he changed his name to SethIsNotTheProgrammer, its the same account not a sockpuppet

I think thats a bit extreme, if someone makes their user name "Abraham Lincoln" we cant just block them on the bases of "They cant be him".

Plus considering every time someone's asked him if hes Seth hes denied them.

Impersonating someone on youtube means nothing since either way they will be treated like everyone else, Foodie on the other hand impersonated a bureaucrat aka not everyone else.

Well Abraham Lincoln's been dead for over 150 years and no sane person would ever geniunely imitate him or fall for someone that was trying to. One having their username be him isn't the same as having the name of another person on the internet.

And this user was acting like he was Seth within the chat. If he was just joking around/roleplaying fine then I guess. But I don't think imitating other people here should be encouraged.

@Radical We banned people with weird names (for example, uh "HopisaBitch" or "John Ceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeena" or something to the effect) in the past.

Also you don't think we can allow guys with usernames that are celebrities or memes? Come on look at Skod's name. That's not the case I was proposing

Historical figures are very different from a YouTuber that happens to be in the VS/Character Discussion/Calc Community in general. The actual, genuine Seth would likely fit in fine here. However, if he so happens to join us, then this dude already took his name. And that guy's views would be imprinted on the YT Seth for anyone that doesn't know that.

People could be bitching to a different person about that guy's claims and stuff. They could harrass someone, and while I don't like to fear monger, harassing people is bad, bad idea. You never know if someone is suicidal and it would suck for us to have a hoard of angry teens encourage Seth to harm himself over some idiot we let use his name here. That's also a case of defamation of character. We are required to not allow that.

You also missed the point where its not the sole reason I banned him. I mean look at his attitude in chat. That's not something we should keep around. And its obvious he's either really determined to change our minds and doesn't mind causing troubl when doing so.

And not to defend the guy, but Foodie wasn't impersonating someone with a staff rank, just the founder. If the real guy came back we don't even know how he would react or fit in to the whole system here. He could have changed so idk what he would be like, but its still an offense.

Also @Ryu

Yeah, that's some weird behavior on the spot.

It's pretty much what Hop said.

An online imitator can't slander one of the most iconic people in history who's been dead longer than anyone on the planet has been alive.

Someone like SethTheProgrammer could get slandered and have his name damaged through things like this. And we should not allow that to happen to him.

So what now, we go on his wall and ask for proof?

If nothing I think I know a user who was in a video with Seth.

Right. Seth talks about content that is on this wiki, and the content we discuss is very popular. Some real person could guinely believe is was the real Seth saying those things.

And that could happen with anyone.

My YT Channel has the same name as here, just so I can't have myself attacked or impersonated. But not everyone takes those precautions.

Seth has social media like Twitter and G+. If someone cared enough to ask him I guess they could.

Is somebody willing to ask him about it on Google+?

Okay. Informing him is probably a good idea then.

I belive Iron Kirby is a sock puppet of BruceTheBatma.

Here are a couple of things that tipped me off,

• Having extremely similar bias, the main ones being Comics, Mega Man and Star Wars. Also the bias against DB, just skimming through their contributions about 80% seems to be related to it despite all of it being against it.
  • Following up on the one above, when I compared the time stamp of their contributions to the wiki it matches up with one another. It kinda sounds farfetched but I know Bruce is 15 so their edits tend to decrease during school hours.
Iron Kirby also said something about hax in DB that was nearly word for word to what Bruce thinks about it but I couldnt find the thread so I cant confirm it.

I would also like to point out these two also share characteristics with another banned user, his name was something theEMTroll.

I think that he was named Sirius The EM Troll.

After reading that and looking into it a little, Hop thinks it's him. When he was in chat he would talk about the exact same things and has the same tone. We should play it on the safe side today.

Exactly, however Hop would like to point out that those are commonly liked and dislike verses, and those opinions are not uncommon, even if they all appear similar.

Either way, better safe than sorry, can't have a bad user roaming around.

@Dragon Yep its him, look at what Bruce said

"This is like, the only true hax in DBZ since it's actually useful against stronger opponents." and there are more like this.

You wanna know the funny part, this morning I saw his reply to my thread and I thought to myself "This is Bruce" and that was my first interaction with Iron Kirby.

He also called AlphaInforce a wanked power without a real explaination aside from it being to go to answer for any Alphamon fight.

Anyway. What are we gonna do?

I asked Omega to calm down in the thread. He also said Cropfist wasn't arguing, he was "masturbating" which is inappropriate by itself.

We should give it some time before we go about baning them. Miles has been actually rather constructive in the Fire Emblem upgrades thread. Also, both franchises are popular, my best friend is a huge fan of both series. Could just be a coincidence.

Plus, I think her getting perma-IP banned across the wiki months back would have taught her a lesson.

I saw him obnoxiously downplay Sonic and Dragon Ball and wank Mega Man on another wiki, another thing Bruce does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back