• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Report - VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I suppose that a ban is in order then.

I've warned him one last time. I've dealt with him before in chat, so I know about his behavior.

ScarletFirefly said:
I'm no mod, but I'd say no, to a point. If a user specifically states that he's uncomfortable with such jokes then sure. But banning it altogether is kinda harsh. There's no need to be the 'joke police' as the saying goes.
That looks to be the case tbh

The term is fun police. And Aizen stressed that since before he stepped down from Administrator. As a person seeing his entire career for over a year, I can see why we should think that. But we should examine what someone says to see if it breaks rules or heavily offends another user.

Which case is Mandrakk referring to?

@Matt

A month's ban minimum, permanent if he acts up again after this point.

That said, we've been awfully curt with newcomers lately, so maybe we need to revise our own tone a little.

I agree with Reppu. It's just as I said before.

@Aldrecht Thank you. I'll keep a look out on them.

Well, we should always strive for being polite, even when giving warnings.

That is a bit worrisome, but we don't have definitive proof that he's trying to start mess between wikis. Also, I have seen that several others have said "things" about our wiki off site but should we care? An opinion is an opinion and unless it's within our borders, it is out of our jurisdiction, no?

I doubt he means any harm.And i agree with Sera, why should we care?

And only one person on the thread disliked the wikia, while 2 other members considered us ok.

The problem here is now we have a possible flame war that can begin between these two sites. All it takes is for a couple of members to come by and start trying to defend us. And then things go south. Yeah he means no malice. Yeah we shouldn't care what other sites think of us. Heck we really don't. But the problem with what Darmon did is that he made an honestly stupid thread without thinking of what could potentially stem from it.

If you've heard that a group of people hate our site. Why would you go try to ask them for opinions on the site? If these "rumors" were true then you'd have started something that could likely end horribly.

Not saying he deserves a ban or anything. However, I say it deserves a stern warning.

What Dragon said makes a lot of sense. I think someone should politely ask him to close the thread and refrain from doing something like that again. If he refuses, I am sure Arigarmy wouldn't mind closing it himself. I still believe he didn't have any malicious intent, and even though we shouldn't care about what others say, it kind of goes against the rules to do that because we specifically do not want any bad blood with other communities or sites, be they wikias or not. It's instigating in a way, whether intentional or not. I'm afraid someone is going to talk badly about their wiki, then they're gonna have people do the same to us and the staff from both wikis will have nothing but drama to deal with over "he said, she said, they said" nonsense that all started because of Darkmon's obnoxious post.

@MagiSinbad

He's completely incoherent and he's repeatedly made threads that Antoniofer has closed for being utterly ridiculous. It's pretty clear that he's not going to be helpful in any way and thus my decision to ban him.

If the other admins would like to reverse my decision as being too harsh, be my guest.

@Magi troll threads are considered spam or even worse, vandalism, which is one of the most serious rule violations (I mean, trolling by itself is serious enough). His ban was appropriate.

I also agree with the ban.

As for Darkmon, he tends to be obnoxious, lacking in judgement, and may be very young.

That really doesn't make it helpful. Like I said you want to help a friend, but you also have to think of what could come of that thread. One wrong move and we could've been in a flame war between communities. The excuse "It didn't happen" does not fly as the simple fact is that it COULD have happen and still CAN happen unless that thread is closed. Overall that lack in judgement could have cost us. Think about what you do before you do it.

And before you say "But you don't care what other sites think of you right?" We sadly can't generalize all of our members like that. Some members are very protective of this site. Luckily nothing horrible happened. So you kind of got lucky with this one. Just don't do it again.

Also tell your friend that no matter what there is going to be someone that will disagree with how you rate characters. So trying to make a vs battle wiki that the DB community will like is overall shallow thinking since you are gonna have many other debators evaluating your site.

Though I agree with Dragon, Arigarmy has expressed that he would like for us to notify him the next time something like this occurs, rather than raid his wiki. This is exactly what I asked of you all earlier. As Dragon said, some members are very protective of this wiki and will go to extreme lengths to do so.. But unfortunately we should not condone such behavior. It looks bad on our administrators and bureaucrats, especially if the Fandom Staff has to send in councilors to settle the feud. No one is inherently in the wrong here and I agree with both sides. Things can escalate quickly so please avoid doing something like that Darkmon, at least in public. Talk to members one on one or something. At the same time, we need to worry about defending ourselves within our borders. This goes for everybody. Let's focus on improving and maintaing our wiki hm? It's a much better use of our time management.

Alright sorry for that just trying to be cautious welp I guess i was too paranoid lol

They are from ACF and natively speak Russian, so their English will be off depending in their level of mastery (not every foreigner has level 5 English like me). I sent them a little friendly message in Russian to see if there's going to be a language barrier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back