• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Report - VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
This perso came into chat, soon later this perso came into chat after (likely a sock). This could be the same person who was causing trouble earlier.

Note: If you're wondering about the time difference, the first screenshot isn't mine.

It's likely that this person maybe the same sock too. Also saying things like this is not a nice thing to say either.

@Weekly A warning first, but if he proceed to do other edits like that, a ban for said one week or more will do depending on the severity of edits he is doing or etc,. It also be a ban for a few days.

Nope, new vandal accounts get permanent blocks.

There are only a few rules that are block worthy on a first offense.

For example:

• Death threats of any kind.
  • Impersonating other members
  • Sexual Harassment
This just warrants a polite warning.

True, but I know too many users that don't even bother to read our rules before getting started. I just wanted to consider the possibility that they didn't know. Then again, this could be deliberately on purpose.

I know that...

Anyway, I hold Ant's word in high regard, and it is indeed considered vandalism to change a profile in such a way. I only proposed a warning because I think it may be a bit harsh, but again we have to consider the possibility that:

A. He could just be a troll/someone vandalizing out of spite.

B. He simply did not read our rules and added in such things due Might Guy being a Bruce Lee/Jackie Chan inspired character.

Edit: I'm not gonna add another comment. It will just clutter the thread. I am well aware of that Starkiller. I was going to tell you that. In any case, this isn't about discussion, I just gave my thoughts, the rest of the staff are perfectly in their right to ban if they wish but I was previously told I was too harsh which is something very hard for me to be. So I told Weekly a warning would do, but vandalism is a serious offense and is ban worthy. Anyway, enough about this.

@Sera Remember though this is not exactly a place for discussion and Antivasma already done the banning part so we must as well drop it.

We have to be extremely strict about vandalism, or it will encourage others to do the same, and the vandals in question to continue.

Given the similar grammar, interests, self-message wall posting and lack of a user profile Aceraspire is a likely sock of Bratramo, especially with how they joined shortly after Bratramo was banned.

If all three of those are quite similar, it is most likely a sock. However, Aceraspire does have a user profile. It's just empty. A true "lack of a user profile" would mean the "profile" tab would be red. I can link Aceraspire's profile, like so.

Edit: I left a friendly message on their wall just in case.

Edit 2: SR11 has messaged me on Community Central saying he was perma-banned for an offense that only warrants a one month ban. I hold Matt's opinion in high regard just like I do for a lot of you but was he really perma-banned? What he said was very offensive and disgusting in my opinion but from an unbiased standpoint is it really a permanate ban worthy offense? He is a 14 year old child and I'm not saying we should universally be more lenient towards younger users but I just want to be sure because in all fairness he wasn't warned about that particular offense. (Well I did warn him but Matthew banned him right after).

@Sera

Let's have him wait out his ban. he doesn't need to be on here that bad. And while he comes of age maybe he'll be more mature and take wikis seriously.

Cropfist said:
Given the similar grammar, interests, self-message wall posting and lack of a user profile Aceraspire is a likely sock of Bratramo, especially with how they joined shortly after Bratramo was banned.
This is my original account,i'm not sock (what is that anyway) of that guy.

You can watch on me,i don't mind and you'll see I won't do anything stupid.

Just please,don't make any more false accusation on me

@Sera. Is that the guy who made the racist comment? If so, I have no tolerance for that at all, and I'm appalled that it is only a 1 month worthy ban via official standards.

Yes, that was him. But he's perma-banned. So it doesn't matter.

Ok. Just didn't want him to get a lesser ban for that. Also, being appalled wasn't to you, it was to official standards. You're doing your job just wonderfully :).

I hope I'm not being a killjoy or anything, but the language in this thread isn't appropriate imho.

I've already done so as well. I didn't see Dragon's comment... oops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back