• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ruby Rose vs. Ben Tennyson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adult Ben
Ruby 3
Ben has master control but can't use alien x or way big

Ruby has access to dust, but can't use silver eyes

who wins and why?

I don't think even XLR8 has shown the speed that Ruby was scaled to. I also think it's spite to remove way big and upchuck.

Factors.

Does Ben start as Ben or does he start as an alien?

It also depends on which alien he chooses/gets assigned to by the omnitrix as his top tier and low tier aliens differ in speed, strength and durability by a large margin.

Ben/Ruby 5/10 if he starts in alien form; Ruby 8/10 if he starts in human form.

Ben takes this easily. XLR8 back in Ben 10 was so fast everything stopped moving to him during the Forever Knight's baseball plan. Not to mention aliens like Big Chill and Ghostfreak can't be hurt via intagibility and the former can just freeze her. Other aliens like Armadrillo, NRG, Humungosaur, and Fourarms can one shot her with their strongest attacks (NRG's true form will kill her just by being near her). Upgrade can take over and control Crescent Rose leaving Ruby defenseless. And there's also his Ultimate Forms. With Master Control, he can take on Team RWBY and JNPR and win easily.

MarvelFanatic119 said:
Doesn't stop Ruby from blitzing him before he transforms.

XLR8 topspeed please? Ruby Rose doesn't look as fast as XLR8 in the feat you are saying because almost everyone in RWBY is fast (standard hypersonic speeds except Jaune...poor Jaune).

Gemmysaur said:
Doesn't stop Ruby from blitzing him before he transforms.
XLR8 topspeed please? Ruby Rose doesn't look as fast as XLR8 in the feat you are saying because almost everyone in RWBY is fast (standard hypersonic speeds except Jaune...poor Jaune).
Master Control means Ben transforms via thought, without needing to touch the watch. He can transform instantly. Jetray and XLR8 move at Hypersonic according to Ben's profile. Apparently in the Ben 10 wiki, XLR8 can reach 500mph in 2 seconds . So,calculating that, would put XLR8 at 900.000mph, or Mach 1168. Apparnetly.

MarvelFanatic119 said:
Hypersonic is standard RWBY combat speed so Jetray and XLR8 is not blitzing if that is their best speeds.

On another note, I read somewhere that XLR8 can go relativistic so I guess that's moot point.

How fast can Ben react anyway? If he's peak human in reaction speed while in base form, he still gets blitzed.

Gemmysaur said:
Hypersonic is standard RWBY combat speed so Jetray and XLR8 is not blitzing if that is their best speeds.

On another note, I read somewhere that XLR8 can go relativistic so I guess that's moot point.

How fast can Ben react anyway? If he's peak human in reaction speed while in base form, he still gets blitzed.
Read my comment again, XLR8 's topspeed should be Mach 1168, Massively Hypersonic+ in this site, so yeah, he speedblitzes hard.

Also, this battle is that neither opponent have prior knowledge of each other, Ben not knowing of her speed semblance and Ruby not knowing about Ben's watch. So, Ruby can be caught off guard when her opponent turn into an alien :p

MarvelFanatic119 said:
Looks like you edited your post and I commented, prior to the edit.

Also, read my comment. I already said I read somewhere that XLR8 can go faster so what I previously said about hypersonic XLR8 is moot.

As you said, battle with no knowledge. Therefore, Ruby would think that Ben has aura and would therefore blitz him before he transforms if his reaction speed at human form is not up to par with his alien forms.

How fast can Ben react at base form? Seeing as you have yet to answer that.

Gemmysaur said:
Looks like you edited your post and I commented, prior to the edit.

Also, read my comment. I already said I read somewhere that XLR8 can go faster so what I previously said about hypersonic XLR8 is moot.

As you said, battle with no knowledge. Therefore, Ruby would think that Ben has aura and would therefore blitz him before he transforms if his reaction speed at human form is not up to par with his alien forms.

How fast can Ben react at base form? Seeing as you have yet to answer that.
A Peak Human via reactions. However, if there in character, Ruby would hesitate and not attack someone with no weapon, leaving Ben time to transform. If they were going in for the kill, Ruby can take out Ben prior, but their in character, so yeah. Ben also has Plumber Training and H2H training. He was able to dodge Manny's blaster and disarm him quickly, so he might have enough reaction time to transform.

Gemmysaur said:
MarvelFanatic119 said:

He can transform at the speed of thought with the master control. However fast that is, I don't know. However, if the only chance for Ruby to win this is to catch him before he transforms, then this is a really dumb battle.

MarvelFanatic119 said:
Peak human reactions and in-character means Ben calls his aliens before transforming. Ruby likely wouldn't have a problem fighting someone unarmed as she typically assumes one has aura if one wants to fight, but that's just my guess.

She still blitzes, is my verdict, still.

Gemmysaur said:
Peak human reactions and in-character means Ben calls his aliens before transforming. Ruby likely wouldn't have a problem fighting someone unarmed as she typically assumes one has aura if one wants to fight, but that's just my guess.

She still blitzes, is my verdict, still.
Master Control means Ben no longer needs to call out his aliens (he only does that before and after he transforms, when he has Master Control, he doesn't do this anymore). In-character also means Ben transforms immediately before the fight starts.

My opinion is:

Ben w/no Master Control vs. Ruby: Ruby via speedblitz

Ben w/ Master Control vs. Ruby: Ben easily

But it's fine. Let's just agree to disagree. No hard feelings, right?

Gemmysaur said:
Sure. We need more input anyway.

Speed of thought by the way is inconsistent and can hardly be measured so yeah.
I'm pretty sure the OP wanted to have Ben be able to transform into his aliens in this thread, otherwise Ruby rekts him easily then :p

You can't count votes with no reasoning behind them, Ben's top speed according to his profile is hypersonic+ Ruby is MHS, plus she has much higher AP with the recent upgrade so this is a stomp

XLR8 is MHS as calced here, and he has Diamondhead, who can get knocked to the moon without a scratch. Plus he has his life saving feature which turns him into the right alien to survive the attack and can ressurect him if his alien dies. So unless Ruby can beat all the aliens Ben has save those banned, then this is Ben's win.

The reason I initially banned Upchuck was because he was MCB while Ruby was only Large building level, seeing as that is no longer an issue Ben can now use Upchuck.

Blahblah9755 said:
You can't count votes with no reasoning behind them, Ben's top speed according to his profile is hypersonic+ Ruby is MHS, plus she has much higher AP with the recent upgrade so this is a stomp
The Omnitrix has a fail safe that kicks in when the users life is in jeopardy, if Ruby does indeed speed blitz while he's not transformed, then the Omnitrix will immediately give him the Alien he needs to beat Ruby.

SuperKamiNappa said:
The reason I initially banned Upchuck was because he was MCB while Ruby was only Large building level, seeing as that is no longer an issue Ben can now use Upchuck.
Note that Upchuck is only MCB when he ate the Sub-Energy, aka a super powerful power source. He's unlikely to get anything like that in this fight, so normally he would be somewhere around Room Level or higher, depending on what he eats.

Okay so a form of his that is too weak to hurt Ruby may be fast enough to keep up, and his only form that can hurt her is only capable of it in special conditions? Not seeing how Ben is winning here

But can he activate his power before he gets blitzed? Other than XLR8 Ben's aliens are at best hypersonic+, even if he slows down time to one 10th it's normal speed Ruby would still be about as fast as his best, and that's assuming he has the reactions or durability to survive long enough to use that power, which based on Ben's page I highly doubt

He has Diamondhead, who can tank punches that send him to a moon and his life saving feature saved him from being shattered by Vilgax as an alien (he became another one) and from a Big Bang level explosion (he transformed into an alien to absorb the energy). Unless Ruby can replicate that, which I highly doubt, he still has at least a few hundred other forms to beat her senseless.

He has Atomix, who is stronger than Way Big by WoG and can make mini-suns and manipulate nuclear energy, Ghostfreak and Big Chill who can go intangible and possess/freeze her, Armodrillo who can create shockwaves capable of levelling a castle and so on.

If Ruby goes for a speedblitz, the LSF would turn him into an alien appropriate for the job. Some of his aliens also have AOE attacks, can Ruby dodge that?

Blahblah9755 said:
But can he activate his power before he gets blitzed? Other than XLR8 Ben's aliens are at best hypersonic+, even if he slows down time to one 10th it's normal speed Ruby would still be about as fast as his best, and that's assuming he has the reactions or durability to survive long enough to use that power, which based on Ben's page I highly doubt
You do know that Clockwork exist outside of time.

RegisNex1232 said:
He has Diamondhead, who can tank punches that send him to a moon and his life saving feature saved him from being shattered by Vilgax as an alien (he became another one) and from a Big Bang level explosion (he transformed into an alien to absorb the energy). Unless Ruby can replicate that, which I highly doubt, he still has at least a few hundred other forms to beat her senseless. If Ruby goes for a speedblitz, the LSF would turn him into an alien appropriate for the job. Some of his aliens also have AOE attacks, can Ruby dodge that?
Answer is: "No!"

Of course a uncapped Ben would destroy her, that's why it's restricted, and in all honesty, Even after XLR8, if he's in character he can turn into Upgrade and take over her weapon to disarm her.

This isn't even restricted Ben, he even has master control, which allows him to switch forms instantly. Ruby is really out of her league here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back