• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ron Weasley vs Hermione Granger (grace)

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan

VS Battles
Calculation Group
In-character as of their fifth year in Hogwarts, books versio, other than that Standard Battle Assumptions

Ron: 7 (Purgy. ElixirBlue, Gilad Hyperstar, Soupwolf5, Zaratthustra, XDragnoir, Schwxnz)

Hermione: 4 (Blackcurrant91, LordWhis, The Archdemon, Jackythejack)

Inconclusive: 0

Hermoine is far more skilled and intelligent than Ron, knows a lot more spells and is far more likely to execute them correctly.

Ron is a good wizard, but he can still be incompetent at times and doesn't really have anything to compete with her skill

Hermoine FRA unless it's a stomp

If Hermoine was in character then this would be fair but as per SBA she just wants to kill Ron and she does this 9/10 times instantly. It's borderline a stomp but potentially not because he could land pretty much anything and win as well I guess.

The thing is, SBA makes you want to kill your opponent sure, but it leaves your flaws.

Read the OP, I made this in character as of Order of the Phoenix (I said "other than that Standard Battle Assumptions", not only SBA).

Hermione is more powerful in terms of magical ability but imo Ron is more competent in battle. Hermione also has a tendency to panic in combat.

And yes, this is the books version, since movie version Ron made by Steve Kloves is a joke.

I will not count any of your votes yet, since I didn't specify multiple things.

Hermoine wins via superior knowledge of dueling tactics. Superior repetoire of spells and intellect.

Ron is likely to go for some random ability and hope it works whereas Hermoine is more likely to disarm Ron and incap for victory.

It's probably not a stomp but Hermoine likely takes it most of the time.

I vote for Ron for the reasons I already specified.

Far more competent in battle, and as Spinosaurus said, Hermione is prone to panic in battle giving Ron ample chance for victory. Knowledge of magic is only good when you have the confidence to actually apply it in battle.

Hermoine doesn't just straight up freeze up in every fight. She over thinks but she doesn't just stand there. If Hermoine opens up with a disarm as she is likely to do, due to studying and actually paying attention to dueling tactics in class, Ron is just gonna be standing there helpless.

Disclaimer: This is not a vote, I'm just trying to explain clearer.

First I'll start with weaknesses. Ron in the books has a tendency to resort to physical attacks, which might be a surprise attack, but imo probably more of a dumb unnecessary act.

On the other hand, Hermione isn't really good at using the most appropriate spell, at least in terms of the books, such as during the Battle in the Department of Mysteries, she Silenced Dolohov instead of Stunning him, which allowed him the opportunity to incapacitate her with a non-verbal curse. Or such as back in the first book, where Ron had to remind her to use magic to light a fire. Or such as in the seventh book, where she stupidly used Diffindo to try to free Ron from ropes, and instead cut into his leg.

In terms of magical ability and mastering more spells, Hermione is superior (needless to explain), although Ron is pretty damn powerful too in the books, such as his backfired Slug-Belching Spell (described as hard by Hermione) caused him to belch slugs for an entire day when he was using a broken wand.

However, Ron is more composed in battle. It was established since the first book that Ron is more competent in actual situations, such as when the troll entered the bathroom, Hermione "sunk to the floor in fright" while Ron used a hand-down wand (which means it wasn't loyal to him) to soar a troll's club twelve feet in the air and knock the troll out (remember Hermione levitating a feather a few inches was considered impressive enough by Professor Flitwick). In the third book, when Sirius tried to pull Harry into the Whomping Willow, Ron instinctively took the attack for Harry instead. Or for example Ron being able to disarm Bellatrix and disapparate without splinching despite such a stressful situation, while Hermione splinched herself when disapparating from the Ministry earlier. Or such as when Peter Pettigrew's metal hand was strangling himself, Ron was the only one who thought of trying to use magic instead of physically pulling it back (it doesn't work, but it was good thinking nevertheless).

In terms of duelling ability, I think they are roughly equal. Both were capable of battling Death Eaters at a young age, and both survived 3 battles against Death Eaters relatively unharmed. It took 3 Death Eaters to take down a 15 year old Ron (doing simple math), while Hermione took down 2 Death Eaters before being incapacitated. Ron fled from a gang of Snatchers in the last book and even managed to steal several wands from them, as well as stun a Death Eater mid-flight (noted as impressive by Tonks); while Hermione defeated Dolohov and Goyle in the seventh book, repelled Yaxley, briefly took down Fenrir Greyback and managed to hold her own against Bellatrix Lestrange despite using her wand (which was loyal to her), which is really impressive.

I actually didn't vote for either of them (I made this thread lol), but I'll count your vote since I did list both of their feats and I assume that you decided that Ron's feats are more impressive.

Back