• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
This is an actual interesting fight:

Now, I do believe Hermione will take this as, with shown in both the books and movies, she always goes for an incapacitation which would be enough here with restrainting charms, tickling etc.

On top of this Hermione has great protection spells like being able to ward him away with minimal wand work.

Additionally, I'm not sure if she would have this but she does have the Time Turner which would result in the same sealed time where an Hermione from the futue jumps in to help past Hermione to stop Jones, however, I don't believe she actually has it at this point and she may have given it back to Minerva at the end of Book 3.

We could also go over that Hermione was an expert Transfiguration Wizard, one Minvera was constantly impressed with and apparently gave special attention, see the Time Turner. With this I believe Hermione could also overwhelm Jones by animating small items to keep him distracted while she would spam her spells at him.

Additionally, Hermione has been shown to be very quick in thinking, using a stinging charm on Harry literal moments before Snatchers caught up.

Then to seal the deal, Hermione does have apperation, something which she is incredibly good at as well to apperate around the battlefield, with short distance apperating being something that Harry and the rest of Hogwarts had to do when attempting to apperate for the first time, so I have no doubt she'd be able to do it here with little thought.

And if Jones went to shoot at her, she'd be able to use her shielding charm, which has stomped physical attacks before, ironically, on Hermione herself when she was going to beat up Ron for leaving them in book 7.

A Stoned Orc said:
I'm not trying to be intentionally annoying, but TBH I'd forgotten that Hermione actually sucks at something, magically. >_> Regardless, my second point still stands about the match being irrelevant due to the rules imposed by the location.
She hates Divination but got an Perfect score in Runes and in Arithmancy.

Oh yeah, and Hermione can use wandless and wordless magic.

@Udlmaster

1. Jones is a woman. Not a big deal just letting you know.
  2. Things like tickling and stinging won't work on Jones as she's not an organic creature. My current theroy is she's somekinda golem-like entity tied to the earth, which is why she can't be harmed, but that's just a theroy. A Webcomic Theroy!!!

ApiesDeathbyLazors said:
@Udlmaster
  1. Jones is a woman. Not a big deal just letting you know.
  2. Things like tickling and stinging won't work on Jones as she's not an organic creature. My current theroy is she's somekinda golem-like entity tied to the earth, which is why she can't be harmed, but that's just a theroy. A Webcomic Theroy!!!
1. KEK I thought Jones as in the male name.

2. I brought up the Tickling charm as one of the incap spells she knows, commonly she uses the Petrifying charm (See Nevil) and since she is an expert at wordless and wandless magic, she'd be able to perform these without fail, as well as spamming all her spells, even if she loses her wand.

Back