• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rock Hard Gladiators Revisions

I've recently gone about the Hyun's Dojo website and have found that the same characters here have profiles created by them from the original creators of said characters with already defined powers/abilities, weaknesses, strengths, and etc.

Since these profiles are created by the original creators then they are 100% canon.

So here are some things that would be added if we go by them:

http://www.hyunsdojo.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=16197

-Time Havoc: mostly adds his weaknesses (one being weak to electricity) and better descriptions of his powers

http://www.hyunsdojo.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=9009

-Bog: again adds more the weaknesses (and justifies his weakness to fire, also apparently regenerates slower when destroying his head)

http://www.hyunsdojo.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=12002

-Gildedguy: describes that he can create fragile structures with his pen (not shown in battle yet though), has a high pain tolerance, and some weaknesses (not really game changing weaknesses though)

Now on an unrelated note we need to discuss Gildedguy's armor Regenerationn. He simply cannot regenerate his armor period. He has been shown to have to manually repair his armor which he wouldn't have to if it regenerated, also the Regenerationn in question comes from a mind battle against Bog where Bog is trying to possess Gildedguy and it is represented as Bog completely destroying the empty armor over and over again until the armor puts itself back together and then becomes undone to cover Bog. This is only a representation of Gildedguy's will and nothing more.

I agree with you about the Armor Regenerationn.

About the profiles, I guess if they aren't contradicted by the videos then they can be used, as is usually the case with WoG information.

However many of the stats we have for many of the characters are based on videos made by people that are not the original creators. There's no real canon in Rock Hard Gladiators other than every individual creator's own canon.

I agree about the armor Regenerationn.

I agree about the other things too, since it's the original creators crafting bios of their own characters.

An example of this is characters dying dozens of times yet appearing perfectly fine in other videos as if it had never happened.

So what has been happening is simply collecting feats and scaling other's to them if they follow a long scaling chain to the original character that did the feat or if in the larger canon (or the creator's canon) they should be comparable to said character.

Bog also just has abilities from a video game that are game moves.

Not true. His self-destruct ability comes from Fatal Art. I believe you and Cal talked about adding that? Or maybe it was Kepekly

Nah I remember specifically that the move where Bog makes himself explode as an attack was linked in the conversation about it.

Doesn't matter really since I don't disapprove of using the game as reference since we already have so many feats from different people using characters that aren't theirs.

At this point I think we should just update Gildedguy's profile. Weekly only seemed to take issue with the video game feats being removed and that seems to be settled.

Ok so about the "canon" profiles is that for Time Havoc it contradicts Time Havoc having a resistance to electricity (even saying it's a weakness).

Therefore we'd need to take that off (he was electrocuted and harmed by Reinz that way anyway).

If there's no disagreements then I can make the changes. This includes adding the weakness to Bog, giving Gildedguy the ability to create fragile structures with his own, and possibly other things that profiles for other RHG's have.

Ok Time Havoc keeps his resistance to electricity since he was unaffected by it while transformed (the "canon" profile doesn't mention the transformed version being affected anyway)

Time Havoc also gains this:

"Strong senses - able to detect nearby life forces"

As per the profile as well

Weaknesses:

- Electricity - especially at a high voltage. It disrupts his entire body system and could possibly stun him.

- He becomes slower in his other form.

- Can only use Time Focus in his other form.

- Time Focus consumes a lot of energy and cannot be used extravagantly or continuously. He usually has to transform back to his human form quickly after executing a Time Focus.

The changes and additions have been made. There are other profiles for other RHG's but I'll make another thread when I find those profiles.

Back