• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

*RISE OF SKYWALKER SPOILERS* Rey's Page.

I guess a combination of both, but do not rule out the Star Destroyers also using their own power to come out of the ground.

If the sith eternal fleet have more than 100 ships, Palpatine could get a class G or maybe T in lifting strength with the force. Far above Darth Vader feats in new cannon.

Luck100 said:
If the sith eternal fleet have more than 100 ships, Palpatine could get a class G or maybe T in lifting strength with the force. Far above Darth Vader feats in new cannon.
We can Assume it is at least a few dozens, dunno if it is more than 80 or so

I say we forget about the dumb scene where Star Destroyers buried under ice rise up. Sure, Palpatine's hands producing electric sparks can be evidence that it is a feat of his, but:

• 1- We are not talking about one or a dozen Star Destroyers, we are talking about at least a few hundreds (wouldn't be surprised if the fleet is over a thousand strong) of Star Destroyers. These fleet images comes from the same scene, and the camera pans for like 9 seconds to showcase the fleet's massive numbers. You are telling me that Darth Vader, and any Jedi/Sith who scales to Yoda can lift hundreds of Star Destroyers?
  • 2- The Star Destroyers' engines are already activated as they rise from ice, so it is questionable how much Palpatine contributed if he contributed at all.
IMO, It makes more sense that Palpatine activated a signal for the dramatic display.

Palpatinme surviing the Death Star was ridiculous

Also what do we do about his being one with all the Sith? Like would that give him fusionism?

I'd argue that we scale way too many people to Palpatine both Disney and Legends.

The ONLY Jedi from the order who should scale is Yoda.

(Also the Yarael Poof scaling from Legends ******* sucks).

I agree Sidious should be in a vacuum (the only characters in canon who come close are Yoda and maybe Mace)

Also in the subject of Legends I don't get why we scale Vitiate as 4-B when we accept the Valley of the Jedi as 4-C

Scaling people from like across every single era to him like it was a casual feat isn't right.

It is a rather situational feat and it made Poof die.

Peeps should be getting an "At most" instead and even then not everyone.

Well some people should logically be on that level and above. Only Yoda and maybe Mace should scale as Anakin was on the level of Obi Wan who was deemed too weak to fight Palpatine.

@Matt wasn't Poof already heavily injured when he did that feat (though I agree it sucks to scale all eras to him)

Hellbeast1 said:
I agree Sidious should be in a vacuum (the only characters in canon who come close are Yoda and maybe Mace)
Also in the subject of Legends I don't get why we scale Vitiate as 4-B when we accept the Valley of the Jedi as 4-C
Valley of The Jedi is High 4-C. Vitiate is far above that feat, hence 4-B

Cropfist said:
Tell that to haters on saltierthancrait who think Rey pulling the ship was absolutely ridiculous.
That wasn't as ridiculous. A similar tug of war happened with Anakin's lightsaber and she and Kylo Ren broke it. What's incredibly stupid is her using Force Lightning out of nowhere.

@Revan

Luke was dropped by a Palpatine who was trying to torture him before killing him

But the Valley would be Vaseline so it makes no sense to jump him up that far (especially since Vitiate's page mentions being in the same range as Palpatine)

Matthew Schroeder said:
I'd argue that we scale way too many people to Palpatine both Disney and Legends.
Really? There aren't enough people who scale, several have reached part of his level and yet are still billions of times weaker (legends)

I don't see any problem with scaling to Palps. Since there are like maybe 5 characters who scale from him.

Wasn't there something (that I vehemently disagreed with) about Legends Mace not scaling to Palpatine, or being comparable to Dooku?

Looks like the lightning feat might not be as impressive, since DMUA mentioned that it will mostly be the energy needed to overload the ships (and as mentioned, apparently energy shields don't work in explanatory atmosphere).

I still don't think the Star Destroyers scene is applicable. The engines of the Star Destroyers being on makes any potential feat unquantifiable, and it doesn't make sense for the engines to be off in any case. But if Palpatine did lift the Star Destroyers on his own (and he probably didn't), then it would be Class T lifting strength.

So do we go with Palpatine using a force-shield to remain in-tact after the Death Star explosion?

Palpatine says he "died" before to Kylo and came back with dark side powers. So it seems that he didn't tank it at all.

By the way, what kind of ships did Palpatine destroy? If they're medium-sized freighters and small fighters, he already has similar feats before his death in Lords of the Sith.

ByAsura said:
Palpatine says he "died" before to Kylo and came back with dark side powers. So it seems that he didn't tank it at all.

By the way, what kind of ships did Palpatine destroy? If they're medium-sized freighters and small fighters, he already has similar feats before his death in Lords of the Sith.
His body survived the explosion

Using the nuke calculator, 80 km radius is 466000 mt [High 6-C Large Island level], and a 100 km radius is 813000 mt [High 6-C Large Island level+]

Matthew Schroeder said:

As it stands, we scale only three people in Canon to Palpatine: Yoda, Windu, Talzin.

Yoda is obvious. Windu is scaled because of the duel in ROTS. Talzin is scaled because she can fight against Windu.

@Revan We don't know his body survived, we're not given enough information to say that. It's entirely possible that he could've reconstructed it.

He was nowhere near the reactor, very close to the outer edge in fact.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Scaling people from like across every single era to him like it was a casual feat isn't right.
From what I recall, Jedi Master level and higher characters from Old Republic era are scaled to Prequel Trilogy era Jedi Masters and up thanks to Bastilla Shan's power being compared to that of Obi-Wan & Dooku.

ByAsura said:
@Revan We don't know his body survived, we're not given enough information to say that. It's entirely possible that he could've reconstructed it.
And, as I stated before: Palpatine himself explicitly states that he died.

I guess we have no choice but to wait for the bloody novelisation.

Palp's body survived the explosion, tho he was so damaged that he required to be on a life support. Rey managed to kill him by deflecting his own power, so that should scale

We don't know that. Being injured 32 years later isn't enough evidence to say his body was intact. Also, as I said before, he was near the outer edge of the Death Star II before falling.

Revan Laha said:
Palp's body survived the explosion, tho he was so damaged that he required to be on a life support. Rey managed to kill him by deflecting his own power, so that should scale
Corpses surviving the explosion of a spaceship is nothing new to Star Wars.

In ROTS, Clone pilot corpses somehow survive intact despite their ARC-170 being outright vaporised.

In the Catastrophe Con arc of the Aphra Comics, the bodies of Tam Posla and various inmates of Accresker Jail survive an explosion of this magnitude:

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/File:Tiferep_Major_aftermath.jpg

And keep in mind that a large chunk of the Death Star II and even armour of the Stormtroopers stationed there survived the destruction of the battle station.

We really need more context on Palpatine coming back.

@Soldier Blue Is there anything to that Tiferep Major prison crash that could upgrade something like the Supremacy?

Back