• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

*RISE OF SKYWALKER SPOILERS* Rey's Page.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Also unrelated but the best Disney Feat outside of The Ones is actually this.
As we see in Vader Immortal: Episode 3, the Aeon Engine works by siphoning off a world's life force in order to resurrect someone. When Lady Corvax attempted to resurrect her husband, she wrecked Mustafar's surface. Vader says that if his attempt to resurrect Padme at Mustafar fails, he will repeat it over and over with many worlds till Padme is returned to him.

What we gather is that the Aeon Engine is High 6-A at best, and Lord Corvax there was talking about Vader laying waste to planets over time.

Also, a fun fact: The forested planet that Kylo Ren attacks at the beginning of TROS is Mustafar. After the destruction of the Aeon Engine and Bright Star, Mustafar is beginning to slowly "heal".

Matthew Schroeder said:
But we visibly see planets cracking open in the vision.
I looked at the video again. This time I saw it in high res for the first time and upped my screen brightness.

Yup. We actually see planets outright shattering into pieces.

My bad.

Shadowbokunohero said:
would this not be an Outlier for Canon star wars?
It scales only to the Aeon Engine. We see during Vader's attempt to resurrect Padme that it works all on its own and Vader can just go about doing his own thing against pesky smugglers who don't know their place.

Cropfist said:
Would Vader get a new key for that? Why is clearly stopping a planetary comet too vague and unclear?
I'm honestly not sure about that. The Aeon Engine is it's own thing after all. I'm all for making a weapon/item profile for the Aeon Engine itself and putting it at 5-B.

The Comet Kinro feat is too vague because: We don't know how many Jedi it took to will the comet apart. We don't know how long it took them to do so. We also don't know if they performed the feat by themselves or with the amp of a Force Locus.

Js250476 said:
I'm happy Papa Palpatine is as big a chad as ever
Vader: Does a **** tonne of cool shit in the canon comics & novels.

Dooku: Rides a Sith dragon into battle, then kills it.

Yoda: Tosses a mountain.

Papa Palpatine: Okay, JJ. They did some pretty cool shit. It's now my turn.

Soldier Blue said:
Yeah. Palpatine's feat is just ******* insane. I don't know what to make of that one.
evil part of me wants to just take 6b feat and Multiply whatever amount of ships to see what feat we get XD

Palpatine could only do the lightning storm feat after Force Absorbing Kylo and Rey, right? What are the implications of this?

Interesting. So is his absorption ability only effective on powerful Force sensitives? He had millions of loyal followers, and he could have easily absorbed the life force of a couple of them.

ShadowWhoWalks said:
Interesting. So is his absorption ability only effective on powerful Force sensitives? He had millions of loyal followers, and he could have easily absorbed the life force of a couple of them.
The Sith Eternal adherents included only some Force sensitives and mostly just normal cultists with no connection to the Force. In fact, only a very small percentage of them were likely Force sensitive.

ShadowWhoWalks said:
Palpatine explains this in the movie. He found that the Force Bond between Rey and Kylo was strong enough for him to absorb it and revitalize himself. It wasn't their individual lifeforces that did the trick.

Was force healing in the main trilogy? What would we call the life force transfer that klyo did at the end of the movie? Also, what is the conscience for how sidious survived the death star explosion? Because whatever it was it's going to need listing.

Brought back Palpatine, but where's Windu or Boba Fett?

So much for "Nobody is ever really gone".

Anyways, I thought it was eluded in the movie that the Sidious on the Death Star was a clone.

when was that ever eluded? I mean we saw a couple of snokes in a big pickle jar, don't know about sidious.

I don't know why so many people are confused about sidious. He was outright stated to have come back through cloning and dark magic.

Cropfist said:
I don't know why so many people are confused about sidious. He was outright stated to have come back through cloning and dark magic.
Beaumont only speculates that Palpatine came back via cloning and Sith Magic. Palpatine himself states to Kylo Ren "I died once, but the Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural" at the start of the film.

DTG499 said:
Was force healing in the main trilogy? What would we call the life force transfer that klyo did at the end of the movie? Also, what is the conscience for how sidious survived the death star explosion? Because whatever it was it's going to need listing.
Force healing was in A New Hope (albeit never explained). Old Ben Kenobi uses it on Luke after he gets attack by Tusken raiders.

Ben Solo exchanged his life force in order to bring back Rey, who explained at the beginning of the film that Force Healing works by sacrificing a bit of one's own vitality. So Ben had to give up all of his life force to resurrect a dead person. It's uh... Resurrection via self-sacrifice?

Palpatine didn't survive the Death Star II explosion. He himself states "I died once" to Kylo Ren.

Cropfist said:
That was someone blindly speculating and proposing different explanations. This is the scene.

• Poe: We decoded the intel from the First Order's spy, and it confirms the worst. [sigh] Somehow Palpatine returned.
  • [chatter]
  • Rose: Rey, do we believe this?
  • Mon Calamari: It cannot be! The emperor is dead.
  • Beaumont Kin: Dark science... cloning... secrets only the Sith knew...
  • Poe: He has been planning his revenge. His followers have been building something for years. The largest fleet the galaxy has even known. He calls it the Final Order. In sixteen hours, attacks on all free worlds begin. The Emperor's fleet has been hiding in the unknown regions, on a world called Exegol
  • R2-D2: [Beeping]
  • C-3PO: Exegol does not appear on any star chart. The legend describes it as the hidden world of the Sith.
  • Poe: So Palpatine has been out there all this time. Pulling the strings.
Palpatine's body being heavily damage (missing fingers even), and his statement that he died once, and that Kylo Ren will fall just like he did also refutes the cloning theory. Having the ability to clone force sensitives be as easy as cloning storm troopers and manual labor will also introduces plot holes to lore.

J.J. Abrams himself doesn't know how Darth Sidious returns, but he says that it has to do with Dark Side powers (The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural). I think he used a combination of force shield (since his body is not completely destroyed, possibly with some slow Regenerationn) and resurrection (since he did die and the ability is unnatural).

So anyone can explain how such a large part of the Death Star survived intact?

ShadowWhoWalks said:
So anyone can explain how such a large part of the Death Star survived intact?
It's not really a "large part". It's just a fraction of the outer rim around the superlaser dish and a bit of surrounding portion. Compared to the rest of the superstructure, this portion does actually seem small.

the death star has had debirs in canon for a while now.

you can see the majority of it in Battlefront II above endor

Back