• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

*RISE OF SKYWALKER SPOILERS* Rey's Page.

Can someone please add a spoiler tag to Rey's page so no one accidentally sees her name?

So wait, is The Rise of Skywalker implying that the Palpatine we've seen and followed in the prequels and Episode 6 merely an avatar or clone of the True Palpatine in the same way Darkseid has multiple avatars? And that the Palpatine we see in The Rise of Skywalker is actually the TRUE Lord Sidious? Or is the Palpatine we see in The Rise of Skywalker literally the same one in body and soul as the one who was "killed" at the end of Return of the Jedi?

Palpatine dispatched an entire fleet of ships with his lightnings. The attack Rey countered is supposed to be the same level (or stronger), even if it's smaller (area of effect). Shouldn't this upgrade Rey massively?

Rey was Amped by every Jedi or atleast the Majority of them

so it should be a seperate Key from the rest of her profile.

So At least High 7-C and then the New Key.

Dreaming Serpent said:
So wait, is The Rise of Skywalker implying that the Palpatine we've seen and followed in the prequels and Episode 6 merely an avatar or clone of the True Palpatine in the same way Darkseid has multiple avatars? And that the Palpatine we see in The Rise of Skywalker is actually the TRUE Lord Sidious? Or is the Palpatine we see in The Rise of Skywalker literally the same one in body and soul as the one who was "killed" at the end of Return of the Jedi?
Snoke was the Clone

Palpatine in ROS is the same one as in ROTJ which is why his Injured and why he wants Rey's body Initially .

Dreaming Serpent said:
It's the Same one, this is why he was injured and blind.

Also

Both Kylo and Rey should get Spatial Manipulation from the force bond.

Healing for both Kylo and Rey,

Should Rey , Luke, and perhaps Kylo Ren have their AP revised ? Because.

.. Kylo and Rey both had to use their Life Force to revitalize Sidious to his full glory, meaning they should scale to roughly 1/2 of his Power as of Rise of Skwyalker as it is very obvious they both grew in power a lot since Last Jedi, due to their feats trumping that of Last Jedi by quite a deal, and they still had enough Life Force to fight Sidious although both had a difficult time doing so..

I rewatched the film today again

Sidious lightning effects the majority of the free alliance ships which are in the 1000's

while not destroying all of them, some are (there atleast 20 or so ships seen flying down in smoke) the majority get knocked out to the point their shields and energy are no longer functioning and they just falling down.

the energy must have overpowered all those shields which would end up with better results than destroying the ships themselves anyway.

for reference some of those random ships have at least 7-A shields so this is by far the most Impressive feat in canon

I think Sidious' amps should scale to all the former 7As.

On a side note, Wasn't Rey's amp literally because she was the last Jedi ? So does this mean that all last Jedi have this amp ?

In Disney canon there is a Comet I believe called Comet Kinro that was traveling across the Galaxy smashing planets apart. It took an unknown number of Jedi to stop said comet. It all the Jedi flowed thru Rey then she scales from that.

Hmmmm the only thing I'd argue that was vague about that feat is the number of Jedi needed to stop it, which would be irrelevant to Reys circumstances.

Shadowbokunohero said:
we wont scale Rey for the same reason we dont scale anyone to that feat
it's far to vague.
It may be vague, but the circumstances behind Rey's confrontation with Palpatine would, arguably, make the number from that irrelevant. If Rey has the power of"all the Jedi" across history, it'd make the number of Jedi during the Prequel Saga look like a small number by comparison.

I suppose another question would be how many Jedi came to her aid, because the only ones we can be certain of are those whose voices we heard.

Palpatine's feat would scale to Episode 3 Palpatine as well, which would upgrade Original Trilogy characters.

Shadowbokunohero said:
we wont scale Rey for the same reason we dont scale anyone to that feat
it's far to vague.
That feat sucks to quantify since it's 100% off-screen and has 0 detail, plus it's the biggest outlier ever in Disney. And I do think that the whole "All Jedi are in me" shit isn't literal.

Because it's literally just mentioned in passing.

"Oh yeah there was a comet that destroyed some planets until a group of Jedi gathered together to stop the comet in a collective effort and prevent this specific planet from getting hit by it"

That's all we know. It's far too unclear. We don't know ANY of the feat specifics rendering it completely unquantifiable.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Because it's literally just mentioned in passing.
"Oh yeah there was a comet that destroyed some planets until a group of Jedi gathered together to stop the comet in a collective effort and prevent this specific planet from getting hit by it"

That's all we know. It's far too unclear. We don't know ANY of the feat specifics rendering it completely unquantifiable.
We know it was a rogue celestial body large enough to destroy at least one planet and continue to destroy more, and we know that the Jedi who stopped it were able to both arrest its momentum and break it apart.

Bump.

Is there anything backing up it wasn't literal when it comes from the person who had the ability since the middle of the movie stating it plus nothing contradicts it besides perhaps only a few jedi talking to Rey but still doesn't directly deny the statement ?

And I do think that the whole "All Jedi are in me" shit isn't literal.
While yeah not every single Jedi ever, it's a blanket statement for Legacy but she was amped by those who did provide her with strength which is why she should scale to Palpatine's lightning instead of the comet as i stated above.

Sir Ovens said:
Palpatine's feat would scale to Episode 3 Palpatine as well, which would upgrade Original Trilogy characters.
no one in the OT besides Yoda scales to Palpatine.

I would love to make a case for Hypothetical Prime Luke but not sure if there's enough evidence to scale him.

The 2nd Existential Seed said:
Should Rey , Luke, and perhaps Kylo Ren have their AP revised ? Because.

.. Kylo and Rey both had to use their Life Force to revitalize Sidious to his full glory, meaning they should scale to roughly 1/2 of his Power as of Rise of Skwyalker as it is very obvious they both grew in power a lot since Last Jedi, due to their feats trumping that of Last Jedi by quite a deal, and they still had enough Life Force to fight Sidious although both had a difficult time doing so..
Wasn't it the Force Bond between the two that revitalized Palpatine? He explains it during the act.

Back