• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Riordanverse demigods revision (Burning Maze spoilers)

@Matt

Yeah, he had the Curse of Achilles.

Percy also held off Hyperion while he had the Curse active.

@Kep

Percy's fighting power was explicitly increased, as Riptide became an "arc of destruction" that easily wiped out Hades' zombie army.

... man I haven't read the books in awhile, that was a thing Percy did?

Matthew Schroeder said:
And Percy also batted Hades' energy blast back at him with Riptide, which is quite the reaction feat.
Utterly meaningless though, given that we don't know its speed. As for the 'arc of pure destruction', the full paragraph below:

I whirled through the ranks, slashing redcoats to dust one after the other. My mind went on autopilot: stab, dodge, cut, deflect, roll. Riptide was no longer a sword. It was an arc of pure destruction. - Chapter 8 of The Last Olympian

Rather than fighting power, he seems to have become more skilled/instinctive while fighting which worked due to his invulnerability.

@Regis

He's still stronger than normal and he took on Hyperion for an extended period of time and held out against Kronos-Luke for a short period.

We can absolutely scale Hades' blast from the Athena Parthenos statue shooting Ultraviolet Rays, since that statue is powered by a fraction of Athena's energy.

I have to say that I kind of agree with Regis, since I don't know if we can say that a magical dark blast is going to be the same as a beam of light.

Reminder that Percy with the CoA was being tagged by musket bullets. His shirt got peppered with bullet holes during the fight against Hades.

Kepekley23 said:
Nico does have a Sub-Relativistic feat by opening a hole that extends all the way down to Hades, though.
This would sadly be an outlier now that I checked the calc, because it'd also lead to 6-A Book 3 Nico casually.

Kepekley23 said:
This would sadly be an outlier now that I checked the calc, because it'd also lead to 6-A Book 3 Nico casually.
Now that OP's question/problem was answered (sort of), what happens to the thread? Is it going to be closed for a new one or does the topic just change to the current discussion?

Kepekley23 said:
I remember Tacocat calc'ing a feat that scales to him at Mach 159
I remember that too, but I can't find the calc.

Also I don't agree with the downgrades. I don't remember Percy being near-death after destroying that glacier. He just fell into the sea.

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
Also I don't agree with the downgrades. I don't remember Percy being near-death after destroying that glacier. He just fell into the sea.
It was mount helens that almsot killed him.

I remember that too, but I can't find the calc.

The volcano feat is where he almost killed himself.

Helens was 7-B, 28 Megatons or so, the casual glacier feat was 7-C.

Anyway reread the Battle of Labyrinth. Percy Jackson was already being burned with lava, which was already nearly killing him. Then he caused an explosion, and he lost conscious while flying extremely high in the sky.

Meanwhile, the book literally said the Sky dropped on Annabeth. This is not impossible as Percy Jackson dropped the Sky onto Atlas as well. Luke is taller than Annabeth so he could drop the Sky onto her, just like Atlas was knocked to the ground when Percy gave the Sky back to him.

Strength is also needed when holding the Sky, not just willpower. Poseidon says it himself: https://imgur.com/a/UjfbiGT

"Only a hero, someone with strength, a great heart, and great courage, would do such a thing."

Yes, will and courage matters. What Poseidon meant was anyone can only take the Sky by their own free will. Which means you might have the strength to hold the Sky, it's about your choice. Strength matters, but you have to have the courage to take the Sky.

Saying it's an outlier is completely another thing though.

Except that if strength is that important then nearly everyone would have godly strength as Annabeth isn't exactly a strong demigod.

How is mortals being on the same level as monsters reasonable at all?

Unless demigods = mortals, which obviously isn't the case. I'm 99% sure no one (except you), even those who disagree with 6-C, would agree that mortals = demigods = monsters.

How is mortals being on the same level as monsters reasonable at all?

Unless demigods = mortals, which obviously isn't the case.
Given that most demigods haven't shown that level of superhuman strength and can still kill monsters given a chance. There's also the legacies in CJ who are children of demigods and so have diluted godly blood and can still fight and kill monsters.

Demigods are far stronger than humans, despite what you think. Legacies are also slightly stronger than regular mortals.
Some proof would be nice given that nothing is shown supporting your premise.

You have also yet to have shown an instance that demigods are shown to be only 10-B, except some PIS that a mortal can somehow beat a monster. Mortals cannot destroy glaciers, cause volcano eruptions, lift the Sky, deflect lightning, fight weakened Gods, Titans and Giants, or even just rip a Minotaur's horn off.

You have also yet to have shown an instance that demigods are shown to be only 10-B, except some PIS that a mortal can somehow beat a monster. Mortals cannot destroy glaciers, cause volcano eruptions, lift the Sky, deflect lightning, fight weakened Gods, Titans and Giants, or even just rip a Minotaur's horn off.
Percy and Jason aren't normal demigods like the children of Hermes for example. This sort of dumb scaling isn't accepted here.

Some proof would be nice given that nothing is shown supporting your premise.

Feats say it all. Except one PIS that Paul somehow defeated a monster, demigods can solo armies, tank huge explosions, cause volcano eruptions, smash a glacier, lift the Sky and fight against Gods, Titans and monsters. Mortals, on the other hand, can't even rip a Minotaur horn off or fall from high heights.

Percy and Jason aren't normal demigods like the children of Hermes for example. This sort of dumb scaling isn't accepted here.

Ok, so you're suggesting that Percy and Jason should be Tier 6/7 while the rest are 10-B?

Also, some stupid "no powers" statement doesn't necessarily mean Annabeth has no superhuman strength. Luke Castellan supposedly has "no powers" as well.

Also why are you even mentioning children of Hermes? They never lifted the Sky. Bad example.

Percy and Jason get their own scaling, depending on whether powers scale to physical stats. The rest should be far lower as neither they nor the monsters have similar feats or reasons for scaling.

Luke, who is a child of Hermes and supposedly "no powers", is comparable if not superior to Percy.

All of the Seven fought Giants/Titans/minor or weakened Gods.

It's not like Percy and Jason are >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>other demigods.

Also, some stupid "no powers" statement doesn't necessarily mean Annabeth has no superhuman strength. Luke Castellan supposedly has "no powers" as well.

Also why are you even mentioning children of Hermes? They never lifted the Sky. Bad example.
Because they are comparable in strength to her, along with her fellow siblings? Nothing indicates otherwise.

Back