• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Riordanverse demigods revision (Burning Maze spoilers)

Demigods > Humans, Monsters => most demigods, so Human > Monsters does not make any sense at all.

Courage and spirit is whether you are willing to take the Sky or not. You said it yourself - many monsters can lift the Sky, they just won't even if you force them to. I never said it relied on strength alone, but it requires strength as well. If it relied on will alone than everyone and Paul will scale to Artemis.

The sky feat I feel is actually pretty ridiculous to scale to anyone. I thought it was obvious that physical strength was not what actually lifted the sky.

Most demigods aren't drastically > mortals, at best more fit and better trained. And none of the other demigods/monsters have any strength on that level.

Sure, strength is needed, but if Annabeth were actually that strong, she could have easily blown away any demigod and monster, let alone buildings with her 6-C strength. Any random demigod, like children of Hermes, would have similar strength and could be insane one-man armies like Percy or Jason. If you think that Annabeth could easily replicate Percy soloing the Roman demigods during a training exercise, then have I got a bridge for you. Hence the sky feat being an outlier.

I had some question, so I'll just copypast them here:

BTW, how come Annatbeth's is a Dura feat instead of a lifting strenght one? She took the burden before the sky could properly fall, and that should only be lifting strenght."

"Also, doesn't the calc assume that Luke was standing? He wasn't."

I dont even know if it can be called an outlier rather than outright silly. The feat simply makes no sense from a strength perspective.

I mean, it can be atributed as lifting strenght, but nothing else.

It didn't fall on her (Luke was litirally plastered to the ground by it, it couldn't fall any lower), and Artemis says she could do it because Spirit or something.

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
The book describes it as falling.
During a vision where it seemed like fog.

And again, it couldn't fall when Luke was forced to the ground by it.

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
Would a "possibly 6-C" rating be better?
It's a bit too non-sensical to be honest. And Artemis saying that it has to do with her spirit makes you wonder if its legit.

Matthew Schroeder said:
I don't see how holding the sky isn't a Strength Feat, and it is legit for Big Three Demigods. If it is an outlier for Annabeth or not is another thing entirely.
It is, but it's lifting strenght.

I can't see it as a usable feat given that Annabeth can do it, with help from her strong spirit and heroic qualities and that she is actually comparable to demigods not named Percy/Jason.

Matthew Schroeder said:
You can easily get AP from Lifting Strength.
There was a whole thread about this...

It's the reason percy is scaled to annabeth instead of just saying his own feat.

Again, there was a whole thread. And that was actually mentiponed there,

It was agreed on that it can't be scaled like that. Pretty sure cal or Kep can confirm it.

Still, should I make a thread specific for that? Pretty sure this needs to be put on hold until this is done anyways

I mean, Percy was able to trade blows with Ares just weeks after learning he was a demigod.

Gods can pick up mountains and toss them at people.

Percy has gotten significantly stronger since then.

@Ricsi

Gods rarely fight in their true form anyways.

Artemis fought Atlas without using her true form, as did every single other god during the fight against Typhon. Hades rolled into Manhattan without his true form and scared the Titans and their forces into breaking ranks.

Percy isn't most demigods, and despite what people think, Annabeth is, so if the feat is taken at face value, you are essentially suggesting that random monsters in the verse have 6-C strength and there should be destroyed cities in the books.

Saying that percy fought people on the level of god's does not make Annabeths feat any less of an outlier, especially as gods are not 6-C.

You either rate percy on the level of the gods, or you don't bring it up to prove another feat.

So Clarisse for some reason is 8-C, while a physically weaker Annabeth is 6-C...

Especially when Clarisse killed the drakon by herself and with Ares' Blessing was soloing Kronos' army when Annabeth couldn't do either.

By that logic everyone becomes 6-C, since any monster can kill her when given the chance. Apart from this one 'feat', nothing else supports all demigods being 6-C and in-story are never presented that way. It's consistently shown that the large majority of demigods aren't especially strong to the point of lifting cars with one finger or causing earthquakes with sword clashes.

Back