• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Riordanverse demigods revision (Burning Maze spoilers)

The books have fun things like blowing up glaciers, blowing up islands, fighting stuff that throws Mountians, and plenty of things that aren't street level.

A child of a fairly powerful God being 6-C isn't that ridiculous in this verse, even if she's a "Totally normal human" (which inof itself doesn't debunk feats dear lord I thought I could give more examples but my mind blanked out on me)

>Clarisse isn't 6-C

>Kills a forking Basisske or however the big dragon thingy that's terrifying as fork is spelled and proceeds to carry it around like a forking trophy

>Zero 6-C feats

mutters something about Powerscaling

>High 8-C

Pretty sure tha-

>Clarisse is High 8-C

I think this is a direct violation of my previous mutterings

"The books have fun things like blowing up glaciers, blowing up islands, fighting stuff that throws Mountians, and plenty of things that aren't street level."

How many of these are directly from demigods and how many of them are done via pure physical strength.

1. I don't think you are being ridiculous, it was Kep who said that.

2. What I meant was only that this thread was not intended to discuss the 6-C tier (which I believe is what Kep thinks is ridiculous), but instead to discuss an appropriate rating for demigods weaker than Annabeth.

Also I believe it was only agreed PE should not be used for lifting strength feats. KE is fine, and no one ever disagreed.

If you people are unsatisfied with the current calc I can attempt to do a KE calc

Again, absolute outlier.

Annabeth's feat is already hugly debatable due to Lukr being plastered to the ground, which makes the sky falling on her impossible. Yeah, percy says he saw rocks falling, but it's a vision, and not really clear.

It is also an absolute outlier. Characters keeping up with tier 5 characters does not excuse a tier 6 feat that is an absolute outlier for everyone else.

I have yet to see any argument proving it is an outlier, other than Paul Blofis beat a monster with a sword which is obvious PIS.

6-C is backed up by several other feats, including Percy Jackson causing a volcano eruption and surviving it, Hazel Levesque blowing up an island, Percy Jackson destroying a glacier and characters overpowering minor gods, weakened Titans and giants.

Another argument is demigods "seem to" only be slightly stronger than peak human. There is no such thing as "seem to". Captain America "seems" not to be 8-A, yet he has several feats on that level. Spider-Man "seems" not to be MHS+, but he has a lot of feats on that level. There are also a lot of high-dimensional beings that do not "seem" to be that powerful.

I mean Percy and Hazel are children of the Big Three, which by default makes them top tier demigods, so their feats don't really add consistency to Annabeth's

> 6-C is backed up by several other feats, including Percy Jackson causing a volcano eruption and surviving it,

Gonna be honest that feels more like a chain reaction than anything else. Also it is Percy basically a Godtier demigod and it was still not done physically.

> Hazel Levesque blowing up an island

In what way, I dont remeber this.

> Percy Jackson destroying a glacier and characters overpowering minor gods

Again Percy is a God tier demigod. And gods are literally said to limit their power when fighting mortals, or we would be seeing much higher than 6-C here.

> Another argument is demigods "seem to" only be slightly stronger than peak human

Except this is not just a seems to situation this is when an author directly states that there is nothing special about Annabeth but her high intelligence.

Did you miss all the times Annabeth has been hurt and incapacitated by forces far below 6-C? She nearly dies to a poisoned dagger, sorry for not finishing this.

A: Percy and Hazel aren't exactly regular demigods like Annabeth and B: Powers =/= physical stats.

It's hardly seem to when most monsters and demigods have consistent feats and showings below 6-C.

Percy surviving the eruption is a physical feat.

But i'm positive that it's tier 7 and not tier 6 (also Percy scales above Annabeth)

> Gonna be honest that feels more like a chain reaction than anything else. Also it is Percy basically a Godtier demigod and it was still not done physically.

It is a chain reaction caused by his powers.

> In what way, I dont remeber this.

Used her powers as Pluto's daughter to summon precious materials to sink the island. Not a physical feat, given that it kills her in the end.

> Again Percy is a God tier demigod. And gods are literally said to limit their power when fighting mortals, or we would be seeing much higher than 6-C here.

Glaciers. Ice. Frozen/cold water. Son of Poseidon.

Kaltias said:
But i'm positive that it's tier 7 and not tier 6 (also Percy scales above Annabeth)
I was talkingabout causing tbh, and the survival is also a shaky feat.

> Used her powers as Pluto's daughter to summon precious materials to sink the island. Not a physical feat, given that it kills her in the end.

That is just bad...

> Glaciers. Ice. Frozen/cold water. Son of Poseidon.

And with his water based powers, he does not even have to destroy the whole thing just shift it a bit an dit sinks.

Kaltias said:

I'm fine with that, given that he got shot out of St. Helens and turned out fine on Ogygia (maybe some magic involved?).

But it's consistently shown that Annabeth isn't that strong, and shouldn't scale to Percy.

RegisNex1232 said:
Did you miss all the times Annabeth has been hurt and incapacitated by forces far below 6-C? She nearly dies to a poisoned dagger, sorry for not finishing this.

A: Percy and Hazel aren't exactly regular demigods like Annabeth and B: Powers =/= physical stats.

It's hardly seem to when most monsters and demigods have consistent feats and showings below 6-C.
Poison has nothing to do with AP.

I'm fine with that, given that he got shot out of St. Helens and turned out fine on Ogygia (maybe some magic involved?).

But it's consistently shown that Annabeth isn't that strong, and shouldn't scale to Percy.

She doesn't scale to Percy.

Rocker1189 said:
> Used her powers as Pluto's daughter to summon precious materials to sink the island. Not a physical feat, given that it kills her in the end.

That is just bad...

> Glaciers. Ice. Frozen/cold water. Son of Poseidon.

And with his water based powers, he does not even have to destroy the whole thing just shift it a bit an dit sinks.
Didn't she just die from oil inhalation? At least that's what the Riordan wiki says, forgot the details myself.

She got stabbed by a dagger, and the poison is what almost kills her. Not exactly showing off that 6-C durability here, or anywhere throughout the series.

For Hazel, it was a last ditch attempt to deny Gaia. Oil fills her lungs but the island collapsing is what kills her and her mother. Not exactly a great case for 6-C durability here either.

I completely agree with 6-C every Demigod being an utter outlier, but I will save that for a bigger thread I'll make later on.

i read them all except last olypmian, (Partial) and i never could actually guage where their tier was at. so many inconsistancies for me to say.6-C has been contradicted alot lol.

One of them, Saint Helens exploding, almost kills Percy.

Hazel with all her might did a 7-A feat

Percy did a sorta casual Tier 7 feat

All of these are after Annabeth, who's expicitly stated to be a weaker Demigod who doesn't have physical stats so much as strategy, held the sky which was more willpower then physical stronk acording to how it done does work, not to mention, he's only taking a fraction of the 50 KM sucker's impact, considering he's not a very wide person. Same properties as ants and boots.

I know the Tier 7 feats the verse has, in fact the context behind most of these feats is what paints 6-C in, well, an absurd light.

Percy being an inch away from death after performing a semi-7-B feat and Hazel actually dying after performing a feat that is maybe 7-A seems to put a lot of doubts on 6-C.

Also, Hera turning into raw energy was calc'ed at baseline 6-C by Tacocat. It basically disintegrates all Demigods and Monsters who see it.

I'm not especially against the downgrade, but there's the question of what we're going to do with the demigods' feats of fighting gods (i.e. Percy fighting an avatar of Hades, Percy fighting an avatar of Ares, The Seven fighting Giants before the gods arrive e.t.c.).

None of the godly avatars were at full power, and them fighting the Giants would be tier 4 if you want to scale them to the Gods in any way.

Back