• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rin Okumura(Blue Exorcist) VS Ghostfreak(Ben10 Omniverse)

While on a school trip to Paris, France Rin and his friends get lost deep within the Catacombs. In an effort to free themselves they accidently cause a cave-in walling Rin off from the rest of the group. Then ghostfreak attacks him.

Fight only ends in death.

Rin Okumura:2

Ghostfreak:1

Draw:1

I think Rin would win.He is able to beat high level demoms while ghostfreak is powerful,he would inevitably lose to Rin.

Then why doesn't Ben use ghostfreaks speed more often if he can truly go that fast.

And about the speed ,I've never accepted the assertion that light in cartoons always moves at the speeds light does in our universe . Since the vast majority of cartoons don't try that hard to stick to real world science(case in point Ben's ominitrix is MUCH more likely to kill him than turn him into an alien).

Since light is GF's weakness, I doubt he's actually Lightspeed, but we do have a solid calc of him dodging light to put him at relativistic which is way above the supersonic we have Rin at. Granted I don't think that's his max speed (especially since that was much earlier on in the manga) but feats trump potential every time. As for your point: A: Then why doesn't Ben use ghostfreaks speed more often if he can truly go that fast. Because scaling is a thing that exists? If GF can move that fast, and others can react to him, they're also that fast. I don't understand your point? It would only make sense if every other character was vastly below relativistic, which they aren't, especially considering later characters are FTL. The only argument I could understand is if you questioned why Ben (a human) was able to run away (albeit poorly) from GF, but that seems more like a case of PIS, rather than any actual comment on his speed. B: And about the speed, I've never accepted the assertion that light in cartoons always moves at the speeds light does in our universe. This is a case by case thing, and the light gun seems legit. It bounces of off mirrors and is comparable to actual sunlight. Unless there is a specific reason to suggest it doesn't, there's not much to say, especially considering other feats support it. C: Since the vast majority of cartoons don't try that hard to stick to real world science(case in point Ben's ominitrix is MUCH more likely to kill him than turn him into an alien). Um... based on what? I assume you mean it would turn him into an alien that couldn't exist on earth's atmosphere, but A. that would still be an alien and B. most of the Ben 10 aliens are shown to not have these problems. If not I don't know what you mean. But even still, that doesn't debunk the feat. Please let me know if I misunderstood any part of your argument, so I'm not straw-manning you.

A You may have misunderstood what I meant here so I provided an example to clarify:If ghostrfreak can really move that fast why doesn't Ben use his speed to escape the beam of light from this robot. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28lTKxNfg_w

B The math may be sound but from what I've seen I don't believe Ben's reaction speed is very consistent.

C If your dna started changing as rapiddly as Ben's does you'd explode.

Okay, now I'm up to speed. Glad you clarified. Okay first: A: The beam appears to have caught him off guard since he was charging him, had already been injured, and was presumably weakened by the orange goo. Even still, his speed is only relativistic, which usually wouldn't allow him to dodge light. Even the clip that gave him the calc had the light graze him, and it was farther away than this guy's gun. B: As someone who isn't an expert on the series, all I can do is point to the above mentioned other characters who are shown to be FTL later down the series. Maybe if there was some feat that showed XLR8's top speed to be 100MPH or something I'd agree, but I don't know of any real complications. If you have some, by all means let me know. But anything that goes beyond supersonic still gives the edge to GhostFreak. The only other thing I could find were a few casual feats that put his other forms at Supersonic+ (and one of those was from Four Arms, who is quite slow compared to his other forms). C: Okay, that makes more sense. Granted I always assumed the transformation sequence was just a visual thing, and the transformation was instantaneous but idk. That was my explanation for why his organs didn't melt from suddenly being thousands of degrees. Closing points: Ghost Freak presumably can't posses people (I assume Rin is alone based on the prompt) but he still has far more maneuverability due to intangibility, but presumably Rin can deal much more damage to GF than GF can to him. Basically it comes down to speed. If GF is above Rin in speed, he can toy with him, but if they're equal, Rin will win the war of attrition and get a lucky shot eventually.

rin would potentially use light to his advantage if affecting the first layer of ghosts skin he could lure ghost freak because let us not forget ben is like 16 about the same age as rin so they are both not geniuses and be could potentially be lured and might even fall out of his form os the Omnitrix decides his time is up as it often does this could put ben at a dissadvantige obviously becuse altho he could use the omnitrix again becuse of its fast recharge and master and self distruct modes so I think rin would get the intial kill but ben might kill rin wounds or the selfdistruct comand

Theonecorgi said:
rin would potentially use light to his advantage if affecting the first layer of ghosts skin he could lure ghost freak because let us not forget ben is like 16 about the same age as rin so they are both not geniuses and be could potentially be lured and might even fall out of his form os the Omnitrix decides his time is up as it often does this could put ben at a dissadvantige obviously becuse altho he could use the omnitrix again becuse of its fast recharge and master and self distruct modes so I think rin would get the intial kill but ben might kill rin wounds or the selfdistruct comand
Pretty sure GF is seperate from Ben at this point.

EdwardSuoh said:
Theonecorgi said:
Pretty sure GF is seperate from Ben at this point.
Exactly, also you have to remember the only light in the catacombs are provided by torches that become less and less prevalent the deeper you go.

No I meant that he isn't timing out of this fight, like you said the Omintrix would make him exit the form. This is just plain Ghostfreak after separating from Ben, unless I've misunderstood entirely. This counts out the Omintrix's self destruct, meaning by your own logic, Rin takes this.

Back