• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rimuru Tempest (Web Novel) Match Ban

This is a long time coming to be entirely honest.

Simply but, Rimuru's last two keys get obscenely wanked it matches, at least partially due to the profile itself including a little bit of NLF, but also blatant disinformation and lies spread about him and other parts of the verse as a whole. For example, did you know that Ultimate Skill resistances are all 4D because of one 4D feat for one of the many, many resistances that it covers? Of course, that's wrong and not how we treat resistances here, but a decent chunk of the people who side with Rimuru, as well as a few others like Yuuki Kagurazaka, in these matches would like you to believe so.

Additionally, a decent amount of threads involving these keys of Rimuru will have the first post, not even a few minutes in most of the time, going something like "Rimuru via absorption". The time frame alone shows that the person almost definitely didn't read the other page most of the time. This on it's own isn't that big of an issue, but when multiple people are consistently doing it, it stops being an isolated incident and begins to appear intentional. A prime example of this is Rimuru vs Riven of a Thousand Voices. Tl;dr, no one on Rimuru's side of that debate read the page initially and then tried, and failed, to debunk it using Destinypedia, a source that everyone who is knowledgible on Destiny says is inaccurate in regards to lore.

This is on top of the page itself not helping matters, especially in regard to Imaginary Space, and the fact that pages have gotten match bans for significantly less than what, from the outside, disturbingly resembles a disinformation campaign and coordinated efforts to give Rimuru wins at the cost of actual logic and integrity.

EDIT: As stated by many, many other users, just about every thread involving these keys goes downhill rapidly and drastically as well.

This is only for Pseudo True Dragon and End of Series Rimuru.

I don't think it's a reason to Ban his matches just because you have Rimuru fans fanboying blindly on posts. I'd suggest taking measures instead of banning him in vs matches.

Edit: I'm neutral on this. If all else fails then Ban him. Otherwise find ways to use him in matches and prevent wank.

@RM97

I kinda wanna make a comment about how you probably don't understand the scale of this but meh

The issue is that what you're suggesting has been tried, but those keys seem to have a similar issue to Sternritter Yhwach in that they don't have a canon or consistent opening move so people just say that they start with whatever works despite the character not having this knowledge normally.

I agree

Also banning the last two keys of Rimuru from matched would likely decreese the thousands of CRT being made costantly to add abilties/resistances to him

Y'know this can probably be applied to like a bunch of other hax'd characters...or ones who get spammed regardless of how many they have (Like Reinhard's Planet level key, for one start).

But that's partly irrelevant to here. On-topic anyways, I'm of the same boat as Celestial and/or anyone else whose neutral to this.

Honestly my problem isn't even with the wank, and more with how his matches tend to get extremelly heated/spiral out of control. It happens way too often.

I'm with Cel, I didn't pay much attention to Web novel rimuru for a while, and when I did, it was me noticing that Rimuru somehow got a 2-C AP somewhere down the line, prompting me to ignore web novel rimuru again.

Overlord775 said:
Controversial entertainement is often banned
Tell that to Medaka fans, also im not wank Rimuru without evidence backing up my argument its more like "a little bit exaggerating"

I actually agree that Tensei Slime (WN) matches started going to hell ever since the split between WN and LN versions happened, since we had to put the feats together that the WN version lost from being split from the LN version and we had to be careful not to conflate the two versions anymore with a fairly small group of 4 or so people.

Personally I'd prefer more LN matches instead, since the abilities are better explained there and contain less mistranslations issues in general. So as far as that is concerned, I wouldn't mind blocking Rimuru (and Yuuki) altogether. There is not much point to only ban the last 2 keys, since at that point it'd be better to just use the LN keys instead. Temporarily at least.

However it's funny that of all people, you are the one making this thread, Hl3 or bust, when you are actually one of the main culprits for why those matches went to hell. During the matches you basically excuded endless hostility, as if you came into the matches with some sort of deep seated grudge against this franchise. Your responses were either dissmissive, insulting, or otherwise condenscending like 90% of the time. Not to mention you made up non-existent rules out of nowhere as well. So of all people, YOU certainly shouldn't be the one to bring this topic up while acting all innocent. Just saying.

Like just erase His WN version? I think we already agreed to erase His WN version if LN has ended

Im sometimes also confused with similar feats in both LN and WN especially skill with same name but have different mechanics

No there are some other issues, like people mistaking Rimuru and Yuuki with Beelzbuth as "Low 2-C", even though it's just one specific ability that in anything other than Rimuru's true dragon key is a suicide attack, and even for Rimuru's true dragon key only a tiebreaker at best.

and none of those ability work on him

also im neutral on this

but i support you if you also do this to Medaka Box character XD

Dunno if we can ban characters from battle for those reason

But I agree that Those matches are complete mess with wank every time Rimuru and recently Yuuki fight but again I don't think you can ban characters from fight just because of people wanking them.

People just need to go ahead and use other TSSDK characters like Chloe or Diablo

A rare case of HI3 pulling reverse uno card ladies and gentlemen.

I'm neutral, I don't know too much about the verse, though I know that some of it is wank. Because I got a scan in that one time and it was accepted even though I said that translation is wrong. I don't really agree with being wanked mean they should get banned tho, I always thought only bans of a certain character happen because of statistical problems but again, I don't know too much about the verse so I can't really complain.

ShiroyashaGinSan said:
I'm neutral, I don't know too much about the verse, though I know that some of it is wank. Because I got a scan in that one time and it was accepted even though I said that translation is wrong. I don't really agree with being wanked mean they should get banned tho, I always thought only bans of a certain character happen because of statistical problems but again, I don't know too much about the verse so I can't really complain.
What scan was that?

ShiroyashaGinSan said:

OP Made this because he burnted by recent thread though i don't care with this but you Will find its weird since medaka box character is also Wanked + have NLFish Ability but still allowed in VSThread

I don't think that it's ever been argued that Medaka can adapt to mind hax trillions of times greater than anything in her entire verse before it even takes effect. This has been argued of Rimuru, however.

This is a specific example, but Medaka Box is actually a lot less wankable now that its better hax is baseline 4D rather than so far into 3D that you basically need 4D resistances to resist it.

I don't think the wank is a reason to ban it, what is however, is how every match involving these keys goes south. There is not a single match involving them that hasn't involved insults, fallacies, and far too intense arguments. This is beyond a character being controversial and is too common to excuse. If Goku vs Superman can be banned for controversy and creating bad matches then so can this.

Back