• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rick Sanchez vs Sans (Undertale)

No doubt Rick's kill count is a lot.

But honestly he can also oneshot Sans if he just lands a hit... Can't decide just yet. I think I'll lean on Rick right now due to time stop device.

Hmm wait I forget ho did that time stop device work? How did it not affect Morty and Summer?

I give it to Rick based on his far superior intellect/ability to create things insanely fast. He can manipulate time, destroy universes, has an anti-matter gun, defeated the devil, has iron man like suits, can create intelligent life, etc.

EnoYaka said:
I give it to Rick based on his far superior intellect/ability to create things insanely fast. He can manipulate time, destroy universes, has an anti-matter gun, defeated the devil, has iron man like suits, can create intelligent life, etc.

Hmm would Rick be able to deal with Sans gravity and soul manipulation? Esepcially since Rick would have no prep time OR knowledge on Sans.

Well he was able to counter magic and curses created by the devil, and he created a machine that enhances a dogs intelligence by a metric ton in like 5 seconds so he might be able to whip something up on the fly. I'm not entirely sure about the gravity thing at the moment, but he seems to have an answer for just about everything. He has go go gadget type stuff as well lol. Also he could win via bfe or by destroying the universe sans is located in (rick is universe buster level) and teleporting away.

EnoYaka said:
Well he was able to counter magic and curses created by the devil, and he created a machine that enhances a dogs intelligence by a metric ton in like 5 seconds so he might be able to whip something up on the fly. I'm not entirely sure about the gravity thing at the moment, but he seems to have an answer for just about everything. He has go go gadget type stuff as well lol. Also he could win via bfe or by destroying the universe sans is located in (rick is universe buster level) and teleporting away.

Hmm I might add in no BFR to make it a little more fair. I'll wait and see thoigh.

The Doctor - Time Lord Victorious said:
I'd probably say Rick due to vastly superior intellect and the ability to wing things with literally no prep time at all that can effect things on multiversal scales.

I wouldnt say multiverse, cause his tier says 2-C WITH preptime. he's good but he stills requires prep to do things on that level of scale.

NLF. Most everything he's dealt with and knew how to handle was because he had come across it before. How would he even figure out San's weakness?

His time-freeze along with an Anti-Matter gun would most likely ahnihalate Sans if he waited for the right moment. It all depends on how much Sans is willing to spare him from overwhelming attacks.

Is that something he eveen has on him at all times? I think a UNIVERSAL time freeze machine would be something you use way more often.

Standard battle assumptions means he has everything listed as standard equipment, which includes his portal gun, his spaceship, and his various gadgets, including the time freeze remote.

Aaaand there we have it. Sans can't really counter a time-freeze, especially on a universal scale and something so precise (Rick can manipulate it so certain people don't freeze, do freeze and so on). And Rick could probably wreck Sans with a spoon and a rubber band, along with anyone else since he has so low health, but considering that the two know nothing about eachother Rick would probably blast him to smithereens.

If Rick saw what Sans could do, since Sans goes easy on enemies in their first encounter (I think that's how the game works) then it's highly possible Rick wouldn't waste any time to pull out the big guns. His Cartoon Plot wackiness is unpredictable, really.

Aaaand there we have it. Sans can't really counter a time-freeze, especially on a universal scale and something so precise (Rick can manipulate it so certain people don't freeze, do freeze and so on). And Rick could probably wreck Sans with a spoon and a rubber band, along with anyone else since he has so low health, but considering that the two know nothing about eachother Rick would probably blast him to smithereens.
If Rick saw what Sans could do, since Sans goes easy on enemies in their first encounter (I think that's how the game works) then it's highly possible Rick wouldn't waste any time to pull out the big guns. His Cartoon Plot wackiness is unpredictable, really.
what, no he doesnt. Sans starts off his fight with Frisk/Chara with a fairly powerful string of attacks. And what would prompt Rick to start off with his big guns? He generally doesnt unless they give a reason to.

AquaWaifu said:
what, no he doesnt. Sans starts off his fight with Frisk/Chara with a fairly powerful string of attacks. And what would prompt Rick to start off with his big guns? He generally doesnt unless they give a reason to.
And starting of with, what you said, a fairly powerful string of attacks would most likely prompt him to do so. I've never played Undertale so.

Yeah and he also has peak human speed, so those attakcs are gonna hit him before he could probably react properly, plus KR is going to DESTROY him if he gets hit even once. I can see him that IF he does manage to get out of his pocket quick enough the moment he realizes he's being attacked then Sans is done. Plus without prior knowledge Rick is gonna get screwed over by sudden soul manipulation.

AquaWaifu said:
Yeah and he also has peak human speed, so those attakcs are gonna hit him before he could probably react properly, plus KR is going to DESTROY him if he gets even once.
Two words: Speed Equalized, you even put it in the OP

Are we counting in Cartoon plot devices as a thing here or is that equalised? Because in the episode 'The Ricks Must Be Crazy' he essentially pulls 'Sanchez Ski Shoes' out of his ass with no warning. He could do the same with shields n' guns if it's on.

WeeklyBattles said:
AquaWaifu said:
Yeah and he also has peak human speed, so those attakcs are gonna hit him before he could probably react properly, plus KR is going to DESTROY him if he gets even once.
I said if neccessary, like in case of a stomp.

Are we counting in Cartoon plot devices as a thing here or is that equalised? Because in the episode 'The Ricks Must Be Crazy' he essentially pulls 'Sanchez Ski Shoes' out of his ass with no warning. He could do the same with shields n' guns if it's on.

I...dont know? I'd feel that be unfair cause to give someone a NEW thing not established in canon. Though Rick could get the win if he manages to activate a good number of his inventions or gadgets in time before he gets hit.

AquaWaifu said:
WeeklyBattles said:
AquaWaifu said:
Yes, the speed gap would make this a stomp

If we're gonna equalise everything but still not give anyone prep time, then you're essentially putting a smart human against a gargantuan. But if you give Rick even ten seconds of prep time, he could absolutely ahnihalate the gargantuan...

Hmmm....

WeeklyBattles said:
AquaWaifu said:
WeeklyBattles said:
AquaWaifu said:
Yes, the speed gap would make this a stomp

then speed is equalized.

If we're gonna equalise everything but still not give anyone prep time, then you're essentially putting a smart human against a gargantuan. But if you give Rick even ten seconds of prep time, he could absolutely ahnihalate the gargantuan...
Hmmm....

equalize everything, the only thing really is speed and knowledge of each other. I mean Rick is absurd with prep time. He's like...he's like Batman on steroids with prep.

AquaWaifu said:
Hmmm....
equalize everything, the only thing really is speed and knowledge of each other. I mean Rick is absurd with prep time. He's like...he's like Batman on steroids with prep.
He's a steroid on batmans with prep.

Did that even make sense? Eh.

But Rick's knowledge gets the upper hand, but Sans' speed gives him and edge as well. I'm still deciding.

Ah. Well, if Sans pulls a Danmaku on Rick, then Rick's done for. But if Rick realises Sans' potential (which he most likely would since he's a genius and actually puts two and two together like a real person) then he'd flip out the time-freeze device since that's the only one he has on hand.

AquaWaifu said:
Hmmm....
He's a steroid on batmans with prep.
Did that even make sense? Eh.

But Rick's knowledge gets the upper hand, but Sans' speed gives him and edge as well. I'm still deciding.
I meant like him with a small amount of prep makes Batman with more prep look pathetic....yeah what i said before was nonsensical.

Ah. Well, if Sans pulls a Danmaku on Rick, then Rick's done for. But if Rick realises Sans' potential (which he most likely would since he's a genius and actually puts two and two together like a real person) then he'd flip out the time-freeze device since that's the only one he has on hand.
Can't Rick just run away with a portal gun? Or portal gun a bullet back?

my problem with this is that for that to be true I believe you'd need to provide proper proof on HOW Rick could figure out San's potential, otherwise you are using his genius intellect as a sort of NLF. What about Sans, if he does not act towards Rick would allow Rick to realize Sans has super powerful attacks based on tht person's amount of kills? And regarding speed equalization...even then that only affects Sans and rick's speed, Sans danmaku and GBs are NOT affected.

CoreOfimBalance(COB) said:
Can't Rick just run away with a portal gun? Or portal gun a bullet back?
Sans can teleport, and I will argue that Rick's portal gun doesnt work like how you state it does, or at least has never been shown to work like that.

I'm tempted to go inconclusive but I'm siding with Rick here since he could leave the universe and take his time while figuring out a way to end the universe with Sans in it.

Wouldnt that be leaving the battlefield, itd be on thing if he FORCED Sans to another one, but leaving himelf seems like cheating.

Back