• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rest In Peace, Stan Lee

RIP stan lee you created one of the strongest verses in history such a wide diverse of characters each one uniqe in their very own way u brought joy in the hearts of many may you rest now knowing that u were a succes.

Hopefully the living tribunal is watching over you

My goodness. I was not ready for this after waking up. Stan Lee is dead? I mean I guess it was coming but I didn't think of it as happening soon. This one hits me especially hard considering how much Marvel content has permeated my teenage and adult life thus far.

We lost a legend today and I will miss his cameos. I hope his family and friends will have peace in this loss.

Rest in peace, Stan Lee. Thank you for making our lives fill with joy, thank you for your amazing cameos, thank you for your contributions to the entertainment industry & community. You will be missed.

I don't want to believe it, and I am pretty sure many of us share the same sentiment. But, life moves on. I hope his family can cope with this.

Goodbye, we will always remember you.

This is what I imagine my grandparents' generation felt like when they lost Walt Disney. A man who was such an icon to so many people in the entertainment industry. Someone who almost seemed immortal, and in a way they are, even if not physically.

He lived a full and amazing life, and even though I knew this day was on it's way, I wasn't ready for it. Stan essentially made my childhood. He made my FATHER'S childhood. And chances are, I'll be sharing his creations with my own children when they come along one day.

Excelsior, Mr. Lee. I'm proud to have been, and always will be, a true believer.

Rakanadyo said:
This is what I imagine my grandparents' generation felt like when they lost Walt Disney. A man who was such an icon to so many people in the entertainment industry. Someone who almost seemed immortal, and in a way they are, even if not physically.
He lived a full and amazing life, and even though I knew this day was on it's way, I wasn't ready for it. Stan essentially made my childhood. He made my FATHER'S childhood. And chances are, I'll be sharing his creations with my own children when they come along one day.

Excelsior, Mr. Lee. I'm proud to have been, and always will be, a true believer.
I wonder if stan lee will be remembered as an icon like walt disney was. i hope so

Read this post said:
Rakanadyo said:

I wonder if stan lee will be remembered as an icon like walt disney was. i hope so
you better believe he will with so much culture infleunce he had it would be almost impossible to believe he would not

Fenryr1111 said:
Read this post said:
Rakanadyo said:

you better believe he will with so much culture infleunce he had it would be almost impossible to believe he would not
Indeed, the man was a legend.

Considering that everytime someone buys or reads an issue of marvel comics, they are continuing his legacy so that forgetting him will be truly impossible.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
We've been losing so many legends this decade in general; Robin Williams, Christopher Lee, Satoru Iwata, ect.
(First off, I apologize if this is inappropriate to say....)

If it's any consolation, we can be confident it's not out of malice to those so beloved & reknowned.

Perhaps this is wrong to say ("Reducing to a statistic" & all, but I assure you, none of those people are mere numbers to me, & I'm sure they're not to most everyone else.), but a statistic at the start of 2013 about how much of the world is famous was based on Wikipedia's notability standards, & counting how many living people have articles currently.

As I type this, there's 883,509 articles. 883,509 notable living people. As of 2018, Earth's human populace is about 7.7 billion.

Approximately 360,000 people are born each day... & about 151,600 people die each day as well.

My point is NOT that the death of the beloved is insignificant, & it wouldn't be easy to always be able to say that somone should die in place of another....

But while who lives or die is a lot more complicated than simple mathematical probability, with 151,600 people of 7.7 billion dying every day, even with more than twice that being born each day, it's inevitable celebrities will perish at some points, too.

It's sad, nigh-impossible to stop, & having to simply accept it is heartwrenching, but I think we can all be sure we know many of the deaths, if not the majority aren't from malice, but something that simply gives us lots of time & chances to enjoy life.

Stan Lee made good use of his time in this world, & I know I can feel a little better being sure that he didn't die because someone wanted him to.

The sheer number of genuinely incredible people we've lost is astounding. I did not have many heroes as a kid- five people I'd call genuinely inspiring. As of today only one is left. Robin Williams, Chester Bennington, Terry Pratchett, and Stan Lee.

I don't know what else is appropriate to say. Nothing feels right to justify the awe and dread I feel.

I'm honestly shocked. Stan Lee almost seemed immortal considering his influence on the Marvel Universe as a whole, and especially on the Marvel Cinematic Universe, where it seemed that his signature cameos came to become a kind of seal of approval. Stan being in your movie says that, yes, he approved it. He thinks it's good enough to fit in the Marvel Universe as a whole. And that, I think, in a way, proves that he is very much immortal, albiet in a much different way.

Godspeed, Mr. Lee. Excelsior!

Mr. Bambu said:
The sheer number of genuinely incredible people we've lost is astounding. I did not have many heroes as a kid- five people I'd call genuinely inspiring. As of today only one is left. Robin Williams, Chester Bennington, Terry Pratchett, and Stan Lee.

I don't know what else is appropriate to say. Nothing feels right to justify the awe and dread I feel.
Robin Williams, Stan Lee and Terry Pratchett were all very important to me as well. If it is of any consolation, their works and impacts on the world will continue to live on and make you happy if you choose to revisit them.

However, the nature of humanity is unfortunately that we have a finite amount of time, and all of them spent their lifetimes in an extremely productive fashion that brought joy to an awful lot of people.

It may be a cliche in trying to cheer you up, but please don't just be sad about their deaths, try to also be happy about that they lived and enriched our lives in the first place.

Back