• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rest In Peace, Stan Lee

Guys I don't wanna be that person but....I want y'all to prepare for the next famous person that will die since....it's basically time for us new generation to step up while the old generation...can finally rest after their hard work throughout the year. I had actually knew that this year that my boy Stan was gonna die...but I kept telling myself that he can live on for a couple more years. I not trying to be an a**hole about it or anything like that but....just be prepared....even if it hurts u dearly

EDIT: yes...even Gokus Japanese voice actor...just be prepared

I'm still trying to process all my feelings on this.

I only met Stan once, when I was much younger, at a bookstore/art gallery which sadly no longer exists. It had been one of my dreams to meet the man who helped create so many characters that influenced my childhood. When I finally had a chance to talk to him, he was just so...warm. It never felt as if he was rushing me out or that I was just some shitty kid taking up his valuable time. I told him how honored I was, and he asked who my favorite superhero was. He seemed happy when I explained just how much Spider-Man meant to me, even though I'm sure he'd heard similar things a thousand times before. There was just so much good in that man, both in terms of ideas and humanity. I still have a little Spider-Man cover reproduction that he signed for me that night up on my wall.

Regardless of what direction Marvel Comics itself chooses to take, I'll always have an incredible amount of respect for Stan Lee and the wonderful creations he helped gift to the world.

Rest in peace, Stan. You will be missed.

There are very few people the words "legend" and "genius" more approriately describe than Stan Lee. He's created/cocreated hundreds of comic book characters, including some of the most iconic heroes in all of fiction. The intricate, imaginative, expansive worlds to come from his mind are beyond belief. His vision has lead to a multi-billion dollar entertainment empire forever changing the landscape of pop-culture and media. Stan's creativity, passion, and success as an artist is nearly no one could even fathom, let alone possess.

However despite being one of the greatest minds of our time, he always had great humility and never took himself too seriously. Most of all, his characters, his stories and his acting has brought endless joy, entertainment and inspiration towards countless people of all walks of life throughout the world. They inspire people to be the best that they can be. They bring people up even when they are at their lowest, most hopeless points in life.

Even though I've never met this guy before, I have to thank him personally for all that he's done for me. Some of the best moments of my life were spent enjoying his stories or enjoying the characters he's created. Spider-Man in particularl was always a huge role model of mine as a child.

Although Stan Lee has passed, he lives on through the hearts of those he's touched and the immeasurable positive impact he has had on the world. As much of a tragedy as his passing was, I think it's greatly dwarfed by the miracle of his existence in the first place. The world is truly fortunate to have a man like this grace it. His time may've come, but what he's left behind will last forever.

Rest in peace, Stan Lee.

Shining Trapezohedron said:
"OMG!" Is all I can say.
R.I.P Stan Lee, we will missed you. The one who created many awsome heroes and change the life of so many peoples around the world. You will forever be missed.

Seriously, someone above said that they fear Marvel stories will get worse without him around and I cant blame him for thinking that.
Not to worry. Stan's younger brother is alive and still working at Marvel.

So his influence isn't completely lost at the company.

Back