• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Resistant to Absolute Zero and Statistics Amplification for Sternritter

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Sigurd

Heat of the sun and AZ aren't remotely the same thing..i think you are underestimating the capabilities of AZ..durability can survive heat and extreme cold,but once it gets to AZ, it completely ignores durability and just crumble your atoms.i may be bringing too much physics to this but I believe that was what Kubo intended considering the way As Nodt died at the end.

Sigurd Snake in The Eye said:
Let's downgrade everyone durability to 7-C then since they can't survive 7-C heat.
Boi.

Za strawman.

I just gave you the durability necessary to withstand 15 million degrees.

Yeah we could have if you didn't ask a bunch of nonsensical questions about blut mechanics.

We know it's absolute zero and that he resisted it,what we're discussing is others scaling due to method of resistance.

Yeah we could have if you didn't ask a bunch of nonsensical questions about blut mechanics.

We know it's absolute zero and that he resisted it,what we're discussing is others scaling due to method of resistance.
We are not scaling AZ resistance, sorry.

At the very least Tier 6 sternritter should have it since their blut will be far superior to As.

PaChi2 said:

We are not scaling AZ resistance, sorry.
Can you explain why? As has been pointed out this thread has becoem rather long so a summary would be useful at this point.

Something about Vegeta a character irrelevant to Bleach mechanics,and if I remember correctly he think As Nodt broke free via his willpower and not Blut potentially.

@Dr Fix

Because we dont cross scale resistances in nearly any situation unless there is very big solid amount of evidence behind it. And by big I mean crystal clear.

Specially in AZ's case, none besides Vegeta has resistance to it. Not beerus, not Whis, not Daishinkan. Would be logical to say they'd survive something Vegeta can? Of course, do we scale vegeta's resistance to them? Nope.

Same here, As nodt resisted AZ. Fine. Is it logical to assume that any SR stronger than him can? Hell yeah. Should we give bleach a special treatment? I dont think so.

MachTwo said:
At the very least Tier 6 sternritter should have it since their blut will be far superior to As.
nope,every sternritter proven to be equal or more powerful than As Nodt scales,logic dictates so...since apparently as Nodt resisted AZ by durability and not personal hax

Something about Vegeta a character irrelevant to Bleach mechanics,and if I remember correctly he think As Nodt broke free via his willpower and not Blut potentially.
You took my example too seriously. Point was that the scene is vague about what allowed as nodt to break free.

That's my original objective. Scales to everyone whos superior or comparable with him.

It's like your completely ignoring the method of resistance,which was done through a generic technique every stern can do witch As Nodt having no natural affinity with the usage of Blut.

What your doing is generalizing everything into 1 package as if they're the same serious.As Nodt has no special defensive traits to his superior scale.

PaChi2 said:
You took my example too seriously. Point was that the scene is vague about what allowed as nodt to break free.
Hes resist with Blut and break free from rukia ice is far more reasonable than he survive via his willpower.

It's not vague at all since your the only one who seems to be confused about the method,you even went as far as to say it was willpower and not the actual defensive technique he always keeps on that I posted of him starting with during 2 different scenarios.

Blut is his only defense technique, the only ability he can relied upon when he is in mortal danger.

PaChi2 said:
@Dr Fix
Because we dont cross scale resistances in nearly any situation unless there is very big solid amount of evidence behind it. And by big I mean crystal clear.

Specially in AZ's case, none besides Vegeta has resistance to it. Not beerus, not Whis, not Daishinkan. Would be logical to say they'd survive something Vegeta can? Of course, do we scale vegeta's resistance to them? Nope.

Same here, As nodt resisted AZ. Fine. Is it logical to assume that any SR stronger than him can? Hell yeah. Should we give bleach a special treatment? I dont think so.
Sorry, I didn't follow DBZ past Buu. I don't really understand the point you're trying to make.

I am impressed by the fact that it is no longer applied. It is worth remembering that Gerard's Blut also worked against this, besides Nodt himself receiving absurd temperatures coming from Yamamoto and Rukia.

Spiritual beings are made up of Reishi, Humans by Kishi, which in this case would be matter, spiritual beings possessing this kind of resistance would be very common.

Lightbuster30 said:
Saying "we don't cross scale resistances unless it's crystal clear" isn't really an explanation tbh.
More instances of this happening, to different sternritters would help a lot to scale the resistance. But with only one feat you are running into the "hasty generalization" fallacy (aka As Nodt can resist it, therefore everyone stronger than him can).

I guess I can see where you're coming from. Just because you put up a forcefield to block transnutation, doesn't nexessarily mean someone with the same force field could.

Just to be clear: My argument towards you was neutral on AZ yet more about the argument itself. It didn't really feel like a satisfying explaination. But as of now I'm against AZ.

The best you can do is cross scale to characters with better Blut than As Nodt since we do have feats of character's with better or worse Blut resistances in regards to temperatures / esoteric abilities (Haschwalth and Fake-Yhwach resisting Yama's Bankai while As Nodt, NaNaNa and Baaz-B were singed by a lower temperature Shikai by Yama or even Bazz-B's Burner Finger 1 burning through Quincy Girls).

It's good thing our reasons are more then good enough,I've seen dozens of profiles scale resistances with even less.

The Elite are clearly superior in every way,your gonna need a valid reasoning as to why they wouldn't scale.I mean one from the actual source material.

PaChi2 said:
More instances of this happening, to different sternritters would help a lot to scale the resistance. But with only one feat you are running into the "hasty generalization" fallacy (aka As Nodt can resist it, therefore everyone stronger than him can).
Its not like we don't have any other feats besides this one since we have Gerard who resist Toshiro Bankai ability who can freeze all matter in front of him, and I don't understand with your problem since the rest of Sternritter can use the same ability with As Nodt.

@Lightbuster30 Except all of them can use the same forcefield? just because 1 M1a2 tank can resist RPG 7 doesn't nexessarily mean any other M1a2 tank can do the same thing? except in this case all M1a2 can and will resist RPG 7.

Ye Byakuya and Rukia too. Rukia shikai and bankai will use her body as extension of her blade and if her shikai alone can lower her body temperature to AZ then so is her bankai too.

@MachTwo

Considering she's able to fully freeze near the entire city block and As Nodt, while Byakuya's arm only slightly frozen when he touched Rukia is a pretty good feat for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back